THE NEXT DAY THREAD, March

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

oooo Tips - they look amazing!! And they look related although the boab has a short stout little belly of a trunk- holds water in there.
    Tawny - I was recently lead astray by a good friend who gave me a copy of a Courtney novel....against my better judgement I thought "I'll give him another go" but now I'm 1/2 way through and it's all very predictable...*sigh* the thing is I have to finish what I started...
    G - Again thanks for the encouragement...I will give an AA meeting a go - nervous.
    Missy B - that perfect woman competition always makes me chuckle...I love Wanaka also...so beautiful.
    Aspy - good to see you mate. We have a new baby in our fold right now...good friends. She was born 6 weeks early, and she is 6 weeks old now so she's at the size she should be when she's born (if you catch my drift!!) She's tiny but v.strong.

Anyway, off to the orifice.
    xo

Comment

yes, and I was just reading this on the internet (when I should be doing a presentation that I ned to have finished by the end o today!!!)

"The Australian boab tree (Adansonia gregorii) is related to the Madagascan and African Adansonia species known as baobabs. Like its relatives it is sometimes called a "bottle tree", but we locals refer to the trees as just boabs.

There are two theories about how boab trees arrived in Australia. One says the seeds have floated here from Africa and spread from the coast. The other theory suggests boabs might have survived from the time when Africa and Australia were both still part of one continent, the ancient Gondwana, 65 million years ago."
      Never give up, for that is just the place and time that the tide will turn

Harriet Beecher Stowe

Comment

"Wives must have a cranky look on their face & must refrain from kicking or punching their husbands" :H:H
        From the husband dragging article...

Comment

"Morning all,
          Trip, yes they are exactly the same. The theory is that the seeds floated across on ocean currents from Africa. Speaking of ocean currents, young Jessica is getting closer to home, making about 5 - 6 knots at the moment.

Comment

Bridge,
            I did a little bush regen work when I was with NPWS, but now will be using those skills on my small section of the surrounding BHP reseve that backs onto my place. And I may join the local bush regen group, but they tend to be very cliquey and have factions and purists and women who wear silk paisley scarves.

Comment

Angelcakes;830274 wrote: "Wives must have a cranky look on their face & must refrain from kicking or punching their husbands" :H:H
              From the husband dragging article...
              "If your husband complains your suffocating him, you're not holding the pillow down tight enough."
              Sorry, guys. :H
              sigpic
              Never look down on a person unless you are offering them a hand up.
              awprint: RUBY Imagine yourself doing What you love and loving What you do, Being happy From the inside Out, experiencing your Dreams wide awake, Being creative, being Unique, being you - changing things to the way YOU know they can BE - Living the Life you Always imagined.awprint:

Comment

Rags;830287 wrote: ... women who wear silk paisley scarves.
                Chunder!!

Comment

Love Nocturus Interruptus.......Erm....moving right along.....
                  Must look into that book trilogy, thanks guys. I don't usually read fiction, but I'm just having a little fiction fling for some light relief.
                  I know what you mean about Bushcare groups Rags.... they attract some odd characters sometimes, but some really cool people too.
                  Well the keyboard on this laptop is stuffed. Getting a post out is now turning into a major undertaking. More expense. Great...
                  If your 8 year old self met you, would they be proud?
                  Rejoined life 20/5/19

Comment

I'm duuuuurty. Is it time for another shower yet?
                    sigpic
                    Thoughts become things..... choose the good ones. ~TUT

Comment

Just catching up on missed episodes of the Biggest Loser...

I WANT to do that Sky-Jump in Auckland. Have to start planning the next holiday.

Comment

Spam;830356 wrote:

I WANT to do that Sky-Jump in Auckland.
                        Yikes, Spam. Are you quite mad? That sky jump made me want to chunder!

Comment

Mr. G

why wasn't I told??????

Ricky Martin
                          is

GAY

I am in deep and I mean DEEP shock.

Comment

byebyebridgetjones;830305 wrote: Love Nocturus Interruptus.......Erm....moving right along.....
                            You need some exercise love...go see James.

Comment

Oh, and Froglet - your gaydar is clearly broken. Best get it to the shop...pronto.

Comment

Angel - I'm devabloodystated.

Who'd have known????

Comment

Working...
                                X