Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi Guys..Quick update

Hi all,
    Just a quick update.. I hit 8 months sober today and i was bursting to tell someone. Occupational hazard i suppose that you can't go and knock on your neighbours door and tell them the good news.
    Amazingly it is getting easier although the alcaholic in me sometimes whispers in my ear "Hay Macks..Your all fixed now..You can handle it."
    I know thats bollocks but that little voice can be so convincing sometimes. Learning to shut that voice out has made the difference this time to all the other times i've tried..And thats a lot.
    The other main differnce this time aswell is, i think im too scared..I'm too scared to go back to how i was..Drinking in the morning..Being housebound..Having to look at how my wife and kids saw me..They were as scared as i was..I think its safe to say i have 'the fear'. And that is such a good thing.
    I am so greatful to be given a second chance in life..It could have so easily have gone the other way..But with help from my wife,family,MWO,staff at harvey house,and everyone here, i can see a bright future.

Love as always Macks:l
    I don't care who you are...Your not walking on water while i'm fishing..
    One drink is too many... A thousand is never enough...Sober since July 2nd 2009

Hi Guys..Quick update

Well Macks, let me be the first here on your thread to congratulate you. :goodjob: A major achievement, no doubt about it. :wd: Sounds like you have lots of support and that is so important. Good that you're scared. AL is scary. What it can do to our lives is scary. So just keep that in mind and don't listen to that little voice.:notlistening: Keep up the good work - wishing you continued success...
    Stirly
    For every 60 seconds that you are angry, you lose a minute of happiness.
    AF since 10/10/2015:yay:

Comment

Hi Guys..Quick update

Hi Macks,
      Lovely to see you. :yay:
      Congratulations on 8 months.
      J x
      :l
      It could be worse, I could be filing.
      AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

Hi Guys..Quick update

Mackers, that is absolutely wonderful! I remember your early struggles, you have come so far my friend. Very well done
        Living now and not just existing since 9th July 2008
        Nicotine Free since 6th February 2009

Comment

Hi Guys..Quick update

Fantastic Macks.

Comment

Hi Guys..Quick update

Macks,

8 months is awesome. I would want to start knocking on doors and shouting it to the roof tops myself!!

Your journey has been like many of ours. Stops, starts, splat on the face, and yet, here you are. Sober and here.

Thank you for sharing. It means a lot to all of us.

Stay afraid of AL. That is a good thing. That is why we go to meetings even years after we have stopped drinking. Because that little niggly voice can be so persuasive. It is a liar and a thief. It will rob us of everything we care about. In one second.

I am so proud of you. You now know how to defeat that voice. Don't listen. Call, work, do something, do anything but listen to that voice.

You worked very hard to get to this eight months. You deserve to shout it from the roof tops.

I know.

Love,
            Cindi
            AF April 9, 2016

Comment

Hi Guys..Quick update

Mack! :wd:
              Awesome job.... well done! Its so great to keep hearing sucess stories like yours for us who are at the beginning of this journey.

Get up on that roof and do a merry dance..........:banana:
              "In the depths of winter I finally learned there was in me an invincible summer ."
              AF - JAN 1st 2010
              NF - May 1996

Comment

Hi Guys..Quick update

Bloody well done Macks!!
                Be proud of yourself.
                "The person who says it cannot be done should not interrupt the person doing it"

Comment

Hi Guys..Quick update

Fantastic news Macks. Well done on your 8 months of sobriety.

It will get easier as time goes by and you'll move from that place of fear to one of understanding and acceptance and an inner peace. It's a healthy fear to have right now and I was in the same boat as you. I was terrified of relapsing again and going back to my old ways and ruining all the hard work I'd put in to staying sober. The thing is Mack, it's waiting for any one of us if we don't continue to progress and grow as recovering alcoholics. You're progress has been remarkable. I remember the old days here watching you go through your own struggles and particularly with your self worth and issues within the family unit. You're family should be just as much as proud of you today as you are.

Keep it up mate, it just gets better and better believe me!

Love and Light
                  Phil
                  xx
                  "Keep me away from the wisdom which does not cry, the philosophy which does not laugh and the greatness which does not bow before children." Kahlil Gibran
                  Clean and sober 25th January 2009

Comment

Hi Guys..Quick update

:wd: CONGRATS MACKS ON YOUR 8 MONTHS :wd:
                    I keep that fear of relapse pretty close myself but don't let it interfere with my newfound happiness!
                    Wishing you the best!

Lav
                    AF since 03/26/09
                    NF since 05/19/09
                    Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Hi Guys..Quick update

Superb, macks!!! "That" voice. Good for you on learning to shut it out! It's like saying "go ahead, go out in the rain; you won't get wet this time...."
                      sigpic
                      Thoughts become things..... choose the good ones. ~TUT

Comment

Hi Guys..Quick update

Well done Macks, I remember your earlier struggles. You have come a long way and should be so proud of yourself.

Rustop

Comment

Hi Guys..Quick update

Sweet !! A big congratulations to you Mack !! 8 months is awesome :thumbs:
                          Miss October :blinkylove:

Comment

Hi Guys..Quick update

:goodjob:

Congratulations! I'm so happy for you and your family!
                            The will of God will never take you where the Grace of God will not protect you.ray:

Comment

Hi Guys..Quick update

wonderful Macks- sounds like you have come to have a healthy respect (fear is ok too)
                              you have worked so hard
                              thanks for the update
                              -Sheep

Comment

Working...
                              X