Managing your emotions (Web MD)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The article at this link is written about eating, but it sounds like great strategies for resisting the urge to drink, except for the last step which offers eating as an option...

How to Manage Your Emotions
    My life is better without alcohol, since 9/1/12. My sobriety tool is the list at permalink 236 on the toolbox thread under monthly abstinance.

hi sunbeam. i havent read the article yet but ive been thinking a lot about dealing with emotions. i tend to like a quite life when sober and keep things inside, bottleing them up. unfortunately when i drink it all comes out a million times worse than if i said something at a time. just little things, small disagreements with what someone has said. find it difficult to say my piece ( maybe i just want people to like me, but they certainly dont after my drunken rants). i have to find a find a way of expressing this stuff. think its a self esteem issue so im going to find some stuff to read about this. whatever i say/express it cant possibly be as bad as how it comes out when im in a drunken frenzy. never really thought about this before as AL kept interfering
    Today is the tomorrow i worried about yesterday and it turned out fine
    Keep passing the open windows

Comment

Spuddleduck - sounds just like me - quiet, private, thoughtful and reserved when sober, and a raving motormouth when I was drinking my red wine! Not saying that you are a raving motormouth, but I identify with your description of "drunken rants!" Oh, how I pity the poor people who sat next to me at a bar or met up with socially when drinking....and still a cause of embarassment for me when I let myself think about it. I'm sure I was extremely annoying, opinionated, and obnoxious. I much prefer sober me, the real me.

Comment

Cecelia;816850 wrote: Spuddleduck - sounds just like me - quiet, private, thoughtful and reserved when sober, and a raving motormouth when I was drinking my red wine! Not saying that you are a raving motormouth, but I identify with your description of "drunken rants!" Oh, how I pity the poor people who sat next to me at a bar or met up with socially when drinking....and still a cause of embarassment for me when I let myself think about it. I'm sure I was extremely annoying, opinionated, and obnoxious. I much prefer sober me, the real me.
        oh yes, raving motormouth is perfect description. what the hell i found to rant about i really dont know, but sure there was a hell of a lot of crap in there. i would get really bothered about seeing people that had been in my company as they had been listening to someone that just wasnt me. just gonna have to get used to being me.. its got to be a better place.
        Today is the tomorrow i worried about yesterday and it turned out fine
        Keep passing the open windows

Comment

Working...
        X