Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What is wrong with me

Thanks everyone.
    I am feeling better today. Just needed to vent. Hope I have a better weekend and that all of you do too.

Comment

What is wrong with me

Time, I certainly know where you're coming from. I've lost more friends in the past 2 months than I care to think of. My son just got a divorce and his ex is STILL causing trouble, which is messing up my grandchildren. I have tenant problems, and an abcessed tooth. Don't think it hasn't crossed my mind to just block all this out like I used to. But tomorrow, it would all still be here, my family would be hurt by my actions, and I might not be able to stop again. So, I keep it as just a fleeting thought, and not an action, and deal with each problem the best way I can, today. We're all in this together, hon. Stay strong.
      sigpic
      Never look down on a person unless you are offering them a hand up.
      awprint: RUBY Imagine yourself doing What you love and loving What you do, Being happy From the inside Out, experiencing your Dreams wide awake, Being creative, being Unique, being you - changing things to the way YOU know they can BE - Living the Life you Always imagined.awprint:

Comment

What is wrong with me

Ruby...are you a landlord??? I am too and it gives me fits!!!
        I love my family more than alcohol.:h
        Live in the Solution....not the problem

Comment

What is wrong with me

Hi LJ ... sleep deprivation is one of the known contributors to seizures. Please be carfeul get ur sleep in order.
          Cuckoo for Cocoa Puff!!!

Comment

What is wrong with me

Oops posted in the wrong place! My apologies
            Cuckoo for Cocoa Puff!!!

Comment

What is wrong with me

So VERY sorry about ur loss and my stupid mistake above. Take good care
              Cuckoo for Cocoa Puff!!!

Comment

What is wrong with me

timetochange - I know everyone has chimed in with excellent support and advice already, but you're post caught my eye with your statement saying your stress level is high due to your son deciding school is not important (can I make a guess that he is a teenager - had and have a few of my own) and that you want a drink.

I haven't shared this with anyone aside from my husband and my daughter's pediatrician, but I just found out that she tried "cutting" for the first time last week. She is 13 years old, my youngest of 4. I am still in shock and dismay, to say the least. She is smart, social, athletic, and a lovely girl. As I've learned more about teens cutting over the last week, it is more and more common, especially among teenage girls and young women across all socioeconomic groups. She has an appointment with an adolescent psychologist next week.

To make a long story short, damn, did I feel like a glass (or 2 or 3....who am I kidding, it would have been 2 bottles by the time I was done), after I discovered she cut herself. But I didn't do it. I knew it would make me feel worse, and my daughter needs me to be strong. I need me to be strong.

Felt good to share that....thank you.

Comment

What is wrong with me

I am so sorry for the loss of your friend. It must be a challenge to deal with your son as well.

IMHO, there is absolutely nothing wrong with you. You are thinking as any one of *us* would think like - wanting a drink for temporary escape. That is really quite normal. What is super is that you come here to post and not act on it.

Hang in there. Time does heal pain of loss. As to your son, he may be feeling this way now. I know I barely graduated high school. I went on to earn an MBA with good grades in later years. Things can change. :l

Comment

What is wrong with me

Hey time,

I am back...and am sorry to hear of your struggles. It was great to read the advice that was given to you and I look forward to us leaning on each other as we struggle with this demon.

xo

Comment

Working...
                    X