Hungover, self hatred, frustrated, etc.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I was doing so good! What happened to me? Thought I was strong enough to handle it. Feel like I let so many down and hate myself for it! After 4 days gone, completely exhausted from carport sale and cleaning up our old house to sell, no sleep and surrounded by family members drinking, I drank and boy, did I drink! Thought I could handle just one margerita! My sick mind and exhausted body was stronger than my desire not to drink! Hands are shaking so much now that I can hardly type! Intensely nausea! Today is day 1 ALL OVER AGAIN! Been reading posts, nothing makes me feel any better! Knew all the signs and triggers but desperately jumped right back into the pit of HELL! Don't have the energy to begin again. Need help desperately. I am so damn mad at myself and can't get passed the shame, guilt, etc. How can I help others when I can't even help myself? SO VERY SORRY!!!
    I'm not what I should be, I'm not what I could be. I'm definetly not who I want to be,
    but I'm sure not who I used to be!

There is no pit so deep that God's love is not deeper still.

"I CAN DO ALL THINGS THROUGH CHRIST WHO STRENGTHENS ME." Phil 4:13

Oooh Sobs, I had shall we say "an experience" with margeritas. Not nice at all.
    Right now you will be dehydrated, withdrawing and feeling pretty horrible.
    So my advice would be to not think about it for a bit, get yourself some water (lots of it) something nice to eat if you can and just look after yourself until you feel better. Then start to look at what happened and how you can avoid it next time.
    No need for sorries hun.
    Living now and not just existing since 9th July 2008
    Nicotine Free since 6th February 2009

Comment

Hi sick,

It is frustrating, isn't it? But each AF day helps you to get where you want to be. Keep plugging away at it.

Have you heard of the HALT (Hungry, angry, lonely, tired) warning signs? Of course, sometimes they sneak up on you but it's also possible to plan ahead to avoid them - ask for help in real life or here before things get on top of you. And if you're working hard have a plan in mind of how you're going to relax when you've finished without turning to alcohol.

Lots of water and rest today!
      sigpic
      AF since December 22nd 2008
      Real change is difficult, and slow, and messy - Oliver Burkeman

Comment

Hi SOBS....Darn....too much too soon! We knew you were worried about this trip and the fact that you would be surrounded by drinking and drinkers. You gave it a good try! So sorry to hear that you are feeling so poorly today. But, look at this as a learning experience......remember, even Olympic Athletes in training, take some pretty bad tumbles at first!

OK...so discard the shame and the guilt! You are not making a "Habit of Slipping".....you are just starting out, and most of us took a tumble or two in the beginning! If punishment is your thing....consider it done! The way you feel today is enough! Also bear in mind that drinking always leads to anxiety and depression for a day or two.

I am glad you are back! I look forward to seeing you here soon! In the meantime, drink lots of water with lemon and get some rest!

XXX Kate
        A Dream is a Wish Your Heart Makes~Cinderella

AF 12/6/2007

Comment

No need to apologize baby....we have all done it and may do it again.
          WE love and forgive you.......now as Doggy says, learn from it and talk to the sober folks here and come up with a plan....after you feel better.....
          I love my family more than alcohol.:h
          Live in the Solution....not the problem

Comment

I love the HALT thing Marshy.....just read that somewhere and it's so true
            make it HALTS...Hungry, angry, lonely, tired, stressed.....
            I love my family more than alcohol.:h
            Live in the Solution....not the problem

Comment

Well done on 4 days, and very well done on being honest!!! . I know you are probably disappointed at the moment but it is a great platform for the next time. I fell over many many times. I could get to 2 month sober then Bang something would give in my head and there I was in the pub again. But finally I got to 2 months and I did not drink then it was 3 months, then 4 and 5 and ...........keep moving forward sobs you can do it.

:congratulatory: Clean & Sober since 13/01/2009 :congratulatory:

Until one is committed there is always hesitant thoughts.
              I know enough to know that I don't know enough.

This signature has been typed in front of a live studio audience.

Comment

Please don`t apologize SOBS, you did not let anyone down, you should not even worry about that. Just focus on today and know that we are here for you.

Comment

Hi SOBS,

Sorry you are feeling poorly today but it will pass.......Use this event as a learning tool so you don't repeat the behavior. Forget yesterday it's history now. Focus on today & taking care of yourself. Drink lots of H2O & tea to rehydrate.

Jump back on board with us! Drop in the Newbies Nest tomorrow for more support
                  We're all behind you 100%.

Wishing you the best!
                  Lav
                  AF since 03/26/09
                  NF since 05/19/09
                  Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Thank you all so much for the post and the pms I got! Mario, you misunderstood! Didn't go 4 days AF! Drank 3 of the 4 nights I was gone. Nothing well done. Actually, I can look at it this way, out of the last 39 days I was sober 33 days (not consistently). I'm down now, but I'll be back WITH VENGANCE!!! Love you all so much!
                    I'm not what I should be, I'm not what I could be. I'm definetly not who I want to be,
                    but I'm sure not who I used to be!

There is no pit so deep that God's love is not deeper still.

"I CAN DO ALL THINGS THROUGH CHRIST WHO STRENGTHENS ME." Phil 4:13

Comment

S, you know what I've told you. And you are doing the VERY BEST THING right now, coming back. How can anyone help anyone if they don't know help is needed. Know what helps me the most about this place? Some people like me, listen to me, ask me for advice, in SPITE of the trauma I caused my life with alcohol. That's it in a nutshell, and the the fact that every day, every person who posts is trying to find their own way out of a self-imposed prison, like me. No matter our lifestyle, geographic location, age, we are the same, or we wouldn't be here. If I find that I am redundant, or self-serving, its time for me to go. But you all give me hope that what has happened to me can help you come to a better place in your own lives. That's how we begin to learn to live again - not through guilt and recrimination, but asking others how we can help ourselves. Good job, hon. Keep working on the problem, not accepting the results.
                      Rubes
                      sigpic
                      Never look down on a person unless you are offering them a hand up.
                      awprint: RUBY Imagine yourself doing What you love and loving What you do, Being happy From the inside Out, experiencing your Dreams wide awake, Being creative, being Unique, being you - changing things to the way YOU know they can BE - Living the Life you Always imagined.awprint:

Comment

Take care SOBS,
                        Do not be so hard on yourself.. we are all just human trying our best.. we are here for you.. you just have to "get back on the horse"!!!
                        Katie xx
                        "It works if you work it, because you are worth it!!!"

:groupluv:

Comment

YAY! Great attitude. I totally quit counting "the days in a row" that I was AF. It was so self-defeating. When I slip (and yes I do call it a slip and not a huge, major shaming word like relapse), I look at it.... consider the overall picture of where I used to be and where I am today... and get back up!

So glad to hear you are looking at it this way too. The guilt will keep you down. Be proud of those 33 days! Celebrate your progress!

Yay!!!!
                          The Universe stirs up our comfortable nests, and pushes us over the edge of them, forcing us to use out wings...

Comment

sick of being sick;817994 wrote: I How can I help others when I can't even help myself?
                            "Girl" (with little attitude)...., don't be worrying about others, for now. Move on, learn, and get right back to where you are liking what you are doing.

Hidden

Comment

Working...
                            X