X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

i didn't even know it was last night until this morning

Horror stories. Spill.

Here's how this works...excrutiatingly embarrassing revelations of the drunk dials/emails/messages/whatever that woke you up to. No words of support, please, no revelatory details, no sob stories, just "wow" -- you said -that-?

I'll start.

A few months ago -- and after way too much to drink -- I sent an instant message to my then-girlfriend. It was, uhm, fairly suggestive. Not obscene or grotesque, nothing involving animals or vegetables, but the intention was clear. Well worded and paced, it was meant to be...scintillating. It certianly was

Unfortunately, I was a bit blurry. Fumbled the address book.

I woke up the next morning and saw the message still sitting there on my blazing laptop (I'd passed out before putting it to sleep).

I'd sent the message to...my boss.

I'm still cringing.

Comment

Boss or now ex-boss?

OK - let me think ...

Comment

On the day of moving house last year I had already moved all the portable belongings myself the day before and proceeded to get drunk to celebrate the move. The next day the removal co were coming to move the bigger items.

After they left I decided to set up my computer but after searching everywhere for it, it was nowhere to be found. I felt absolutely distraught as there was no way I could have financially replaced it at this time and of course I had nothing backed up and it wasnt insured. No one could have been in the new house apart from the removal men and I called them up accusing them of taking it. They of course denied it and I sadly went about my unpacking.

A couple of hours later I found the computer hidden in the bathroom where in my drunken wisdom the night before I had put it knowing it was the one room the removal men didnt need to go so it would be safely tucked out the way....
        "In the depths of winter I finally learned there was in me an invincible summer ."
        AF - JAN 1st 2010
        NF - May 1996

Comment

I woke up on 13th jan 2009,berly remembering the last few years of my life,still getting flashbacks from it,cringing and embarassment rush to my mind,but i am here now and that's the main thing.:-)

:congratulatory: Clean & Sober since 13/01/2009 :congratulatory:

Until one is committed there is always hesitant thoughts.
          I know enough to know that I don't know enough.

This signature has been typed in front of a live studio audience.

Comment

Many many moons ago I went out drinking with my very charming, very engaged Irish boss. When we got home (I was living at the pub - so was he & his fiance who was away at the time) I drunkenly poked a finger in his chest & slurred "I wanna schleep with you tonight" he politely declined...:H:H

Comment

i've been 'thrown out' of a few pubs and clubs as i've been so drunk, i could hardly stand up.. so humiliating the next day..
              oh, and another time, I came out of a club, one of the bouncers said to me: "you better look down love" - i looked down at my top, and half my boob was hanging out! i was so drunk, i hadn't even noticed.. my cheeks are still burning in shame!
              Also, every time I went out I always lost my purse, or mobile phone.. ive spent a fortune replacing things lost from drunken nights out..
              "It works if you work it, because you are worth it!!!"

:groupluv:

Comment

oh, and another time, I came out of a club, one of the bouncers said to me: "you better look down love" - i looked down at my top, and half my tit was hanging out! i was so drunk, i hadn't even noticed..
                "It works if you work it, because you are worth it!!!"

:groupluv:

Comment

I started to realize that I when I was sober, I was slowly losing words in my vocabulary. My functioning brainpower for speach was being altered when sober. This is a freaky feeling. I am still young, and this was directly caused by the poison that I insisted on putting in my body.

As a footnote, it is amazing how much of my lexicon and speaking ability has returned to me now that I am af. Has anyone else noted this phenomenon?
                  Hill
                  Sober since Feb 7, 2010.

Comment

Going to a supermarket across the border where 1/I'm not known and 2/ the drink was cheap and the check-out girl noticing how much booze I had asked me was I having a party. I told her yes that 30 people were coming the next day and my then 10 year old son saying (very loudly) " nobody's coming tomorrow Mum"ull
                    Contentedly sober since 27/12/2011
                    contentedly NF since 8/04/14

Comment

found in the park fast asleep (passed out) with my dogs on guard. bloke said "you alright love" hmph!
                      Today is the tomorrow i worried about yesterday and it turned out fine
                      Keep passing the open windows

Comment

Hillside Hi
                        My brain definitely generally has slowed down including my use of speech. Things are improving but I don't know if I will ever be as sharp as previously?
                        Contentedly sober since 27/12/2011
                        contentedly NF since 8/04/14

Comment

Short term memory seems to be shot!
                          Concentration not great either..can feel the difference.
                          sad thing is everyone puts it down to stress and lack of sleep due to kids,but I know the truth!

Ummm... worst thing, not being able to stand up for myself properly, cause I can't even remember what 'I' was trying to say..."what was my point......?" urghhhh

Frustrating that its all my fault too!
                          Chook

Comment

got into a fight with my 18 year old because he took my car keys from me...begged him to give them back....how humiliating
                            I love my family more than alcohol.:h
                            Live in the Solution....not the problem

Comment

I'm laughing at some of the stories! LOL!

I have been where Katie has been. Thrown out of clubs and told not to return

I think the worse for me was drinking so much that I didn't know who I was; where I was; where I lived... omigod.

Now THAT'S a nightmare! I'm so glad I'm past this sh**! LOL!

Comment

Working...
                              X