i have been hiding...and need help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

So it has been about 2 months since I have been on this site and needless to say I have not been AF for the past 2 month. Instead I have been hiding little wine bottles in my closet and sneaking drinking. I always say I am going to limit it and only have a drink or two but that rarely happens. I am so embarressed by this and even more so as I post it. I need to stop doing this I am going to hurt a lot of people if I keep this up. I could really use some words of support..the thought of not having my drink tonight is a little hard but I can't keep this up!

Welcome Happydays - first of all, there is no need to feel embarrassed about ANYTHING on here - I can assure you that someone has already done it. Have you been to the Just Starting Out forum or downloaded the book yet? Both are great things to do. This is a wonderful place to be - the people are so supportive - any questions that you have someone here will have an answer for you. Did you want to stop drinking? How much do you drink? Just read others posts - wander the site. You have taken a good first step.
    How simple it is to see that we can only be happy now and there will never be a time when it is not now....

Comment

Hi Happydays,

Certainly nothing to be embarassed or ashamed of by hiding AL - at least not on this site. I think we've all done it.

I am only on day 4 and day 1 was super hard, but I stayed very close to MWO (and have) and that is why I am on day 4.

I've had so many attempts at this, but all we can do is to pick ourselves up, dust ourselves off and get back on the horse and ride. You can get through today without a drink!

AD

Comment

Happy, you are speaking to people who have done just about every embaressing, hurtful thing under the sun. This IS the place to tell it all, open your heart, admit your faults and fears. I've never seen a place like it. I figured everyone would be so shocked when they got to know me. SURPRISE!!! They'd been there, done that. So, yes, your doing something your ashamed of, but just start a thread about 'where'd you hide your AL', and the responses would astound you. You're not alone. You're not the first. Unfortunately, you won't be the last. But you are important. Read, read, read; figure out a plan for your life, using the tools. Research the vitamins, meds, find what works for you. I LOVE the CD's, or anything I can meditate, relax to and forget my problems. Most importantly, join in here daily. You'll feel out of place for a while. I did. But keep posting, keep talking, keep asking, and above all, keep trying.
        Rubes.
        sigpic
        Never look down on a person unless you are offering them a hand up.
        awprint: RUBY Imagine yourself doing What you love and loving What you do, Being happy From the inside Out, experiencing your Dreams wide awake, Being creative, being Unique, being you - changing things to the way YOU know they can BE - Living the Life you Always imagined.awprint:

Comment

HI HAPPYDAYS, nothing to hide here we have all been/are there,so dont be shy, you are not alone,keep posting your thoughts and fears,hope you stick around.

:congratulatory: Clean & Sober since 13/01/2009 :congratulatory:

Until one is committed there is always hesitant thoughts.
          I know enough to know that I don't know enough.

This signature has been typed in front of a live studio audience.

Comment

Hiya Happy - I agree with everyone else, we have all been where you are now. Stick around, give going AF for 30 days a go and see how you feel after that.

Welcome back
            It's time I put my big girl pants on. :grannypants: I hope they fit.

Comment

hi happydays. as others have said most of us have been where you are. you are in good (or should that be bad, but becoming good) company here. i find reading reading and more reading stuff here a huge help. it makes you feel less alone knowing others have been there and lots of them have conquered it. i never thought i could go 3days AF, now on day 17 with huge huge thanks to the people here x
              Today is the tomorrow i worried about yesterday and it turned out fine
              Keep passing the open windows

Comment

Thank you all for your resp
                onses. I don't know why but the thoughjt of not having wine tonight makes me want more...currently there is none in the house. I do need to be strong bc I cannot live hiding drinking. I am a health professional and know better! I had an argument with my husband this a.m. (Not related to drinking) and I think the thought of talking it out tonight makes me want to have my safe spot. I will keep checking back. Thanks

Comment

why don't you try to confide in him and see if that helps????
                  My hubby knows I am trying to quit, but he doesn't know how much I drink...I am too ashamed to tell him I sneak after he's asleep
                  I love my family more than alcohol.:h
                  Live in the Solution....not the problem

Comment

Welcome, Happydays! You have found the greatest safe place to be. I've been here a little over a month and this place has turned out to be the greatest blessing ever! People here really care and encourage you regardless of what you are going through. When I fall, I am too embarrassed and ashamed to get back up but here they just offer you a hand to pull you up out of the pit of hell. Just keep reading posts and posting everything you feel and you will find the greatest friends are right here! We all love you and want to help you. Best of luck to your new journey into freedom!
                    I'm not what I should be, I'm not what I could be. I'm definetly not who I want to be,
                    but I'm sure not who I used to be!

There is no pit so deep that God's love is not deeper still.

"I CAN DO ALL THINGS THROUGH CHRIST WHO STRENGTHENS ME." Phil 4:13

Comment

Not too hot..

So, I did TERRIBLE the past 2 nights - even though I posted no hiding and no drinking I still did it. I am sorry - I knew better, but just did not care I am going to get caught one day and it is so not good for my life - any part of it. I have some really cool stuff going on with my business and if at night I focused on continuing to improve that rather than drinking I would be really rockin. Tonight I think I may even leave to go to a coffee shop to work so I am not tempted. I'll be back tomorrow.

Comment

Hang in there Honey.....you can do it...not working at home may be a good idea...maybe you can go to a friends house, library or nice book store??? I LOVE Barnes and Noble!!
                        I love my family more than alcohol.:h
                        Live in the Solution....not the problem

Comment

Working...
                        X