Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

So, I had a corporate event tonight.....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

AND I stayed sober! I sat there and watched everyone drinking wine and didn't even crave it at all. In face I actually was thinking "why does every event have to revolve around alcohol? What's the point?"

It was so refreshing to have that mindset come naturally. I know that at 31 days I am still just getting started on the sobrietry train but it was still nice to have that feeling and not have any craving or urge.

Looking forward to the future, whatever it may hold!
    Every day is a day to start over and remember that I am powerless over my addiction. I will no longer give the BEAST any power over me - he can go straight to hell.
    :h

That is so cool. Are you on meds?
    :h getting better every day

Comment

:wd: fantastic news, universal,
      you should be very, very proud of yourself.
      J x
      :l
      It could be worse, I could be filing.
      AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

Hi bellinator,

Nope not taking anything for AL (except L-Glut) - I do take cipralex for anxiety. Vitamin C, D, L-Glut every morning.

That's it! I think after a couple of weeks it just does get easier - everyone says it but until you get that 30 days under your belt, it's hard to explain. But it really does just get easier.
        Every day is a day to start over and remember that I am powerless over my addiction. I will no longer give the BEAST any power over me - he can go straight to hell.
        :h

Comment

uni, that is so wonderful! didn't that feel great? Yay!
          sigpic
          Thoughts become things..... choose the good ones. ~TUT

Comment

Well done! You should feel really good about this.

Comment

[QUOTE=universal;819557]
              It was so refreshing to have that mindset come naturally.

Wow Uni well done on You.....

I have a birthday party to go to next weekend in a pub of all places, but i need my other half there with me, im scare to go on my own (dont trust myself yet!).
              Formerly known as Teardrop:l
              sober dry since 11th Jan '2010' relapse/slip on 23/7/13 working in progress ! Sober date 25/7/13 ( True learning has often followed an eclipse, a time of darkness, but with each cycle of my recovery, the light grows stronger and my vision is clearer. (AA)
              my desire to avoid hitting bottom again was more powerful then my desire to drink !

Comment

Great stuff Uni!

'I am part of all that I have met, yet all experience is an arch wherethro', gleams that untravelled world whose margins fade, forever and forever when I move'

Zen soul Warrior. Freedom today-

Comment

Way to go Uni. Not the easiest situation to deal with... keep up the good work....:goodjob:
                  Catch - you'll get through it okay. Just don't get all stressed out about it...
                  For every 60 seconds that you are angry, you lose a minute of happiness.
                  AF since 10/10/2015:yay:

Comment

Well done Uni, the 30 days does seem to be the magic no. doesn't it, events, pubs, etc now just spell boredom to me!
                    Molly
                    Contentedly sober since 27/12/2011
                    contentedly NF since 8/04/14

Comment

great stuff uni.. events and stuff like that is what i am dreading most. i bet you feel fantastic
                      Today is the tomorrow i worried about yesterday and it turned out fine
                      Keep passing the open windows

Comment

Working...
                      X