What's your biggest worry?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Gent said something last night on chat. Got me thinking.
    "drinking never solved a problem
    just made me not care about it"
    So, if sometimes/often we drink to avoid our problems, could looking at our problems as well as our drinking, help, with our drinking?
    so, what's your biggest worry?
    Name it, shame IT
    Get advice , support & courage right here.

Me, i need to sort a worrying legal situation. Anything after that would feel like peanuts...

Keep safe all
    Good xxx
    :sun:

Hi GoodAsGold,
    Someone once said to me ......its not the problem thats the problem it how you are dealing with it and the drink is the problem......
    Drinking only makes the problem 10times worse....

Right now if i was honest my biggest worry is keeping out of the Danager Zone!!!
    Formerly known as Teardrop:l
    sober dry since 11th Jan '2010' relapse/slip on 23/7/13 working in progress ! Sober date 25/7/13 ( True learning has often followed an eclipse, a time of darkness, but with each cycle of my recovery, the light grows stronger and my vision is clearer. (AA)
    my desire to avoid hitting bottom again was more powerful then my desire to drink !

Comment

My biggest worry is myself..
      I am scared I do not have the "skills" to make it in this life.. humans are supposed to be social creatures.. we can only survive if we are with others (friends, partners, family) - I have virtually no-one due to my low self-esteem and self-isolation issues.. I have my son, but he won't be at home with me forever, he will get older, go to school, make his own friends etc.. so yes, my biggest worry is myself.. that I may in the future, if I continue to be isolated and lonely, that I will end up suicidal and start drinking again to deal with this..
      but that is why I am counselling.. to hopefully deal with my issues NOW before it ever comes to that (again..)
      "It works if you work it, because you are worth it!!!"

:groupluv:

Comment

I worry about my kids. Big kids young kids, all my kids, all the time. I worry if they're in ( are they lonely) I worry if they're out ( where the hell are they) I worry when they're away I worry when they are at home, worry worry worry and yes I so agree drinking 'doesn't solve anything just makes me not care about it'. Drink got such a grip on me that I used to forget really important things the kids had told me and be so self absorbed and off my trolley I would forget to ring them when I said I would etc! So now I'm just back to worrying!!:bang
        Contentedly sober since 27/12/2011
        contentedly NF since 8/04/14

Comment

Ditto, KatieB! My biggest fear is being alone. My kids are grown and gone. I'm totally isolated here with my husband. My drinking didn't run him off, but my sobriety may, because he misses his drinking buddy and maybe that's all I was to him. I hope not.
          I'm not what I should be, I'm not what I could be. I'm definetly not who I want to be,
          but I'm sure not who I used to be!

There is no pit so deep that God's love is not deeper still.

"I CAN DO ALL THINGS THROUGH CHRIST WHO STRENGTHENS ME." Phil 4:13

Comment

Interesting thread... My biggest worry at the moment is how to best provide for my 15 year old autistic son in all ways (physically, financially emotionally, etc). I told my husband how worried I was about this he told me I wasn't worried about my son, I'd find something else. So true. Worrying seems to be my nature. How do you stop worrying when not drinking? (not to mention, stop being bored, anxious and stressed

Anyway, it is very true... Drinking makes you not look at the problem and it never solves it, makes it worse.

Comment

looking for peace - you have every right to be concerned and worried about the current and future needs of your son. My youngest son was born with irretractable epilepsy and not a day has gone by in 17 years that I do not think of his well-being and how I can best provide for him. I'd like to share a quote that provides me with some peace as I continue to both struggle and persevere with the needs of my special child:

"Finish every day and be done with it. You have done what you could. Some blunders and absurdities no doubt crept in; forget them as soon as you can." Ralph Waldo Emerson

Comment

My biggest worry right now is my drinking. Things are finally falling into place that drove me to drink in the first place,so now i gotta fix the drinking and it is so much harder than I ever thought it would be.
                I worry about disappointing my family and having something disastrous happen.....
                I also worry about retirement as I approach 50.....
                I love my family more than alcohol.:h
                Live in the Solution....not the problem

Comment

Working...
                X