Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

where has the donation click gone to...?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi. I have tried to sort out myself under my cover, has worked pretty well under shelter of new people I engaged mysef with, most of who don't drink alcohol - until I or another colleague offers. Nevertheless, few weeks with fruits and vegs for breakfast, double mc donalds for lunch, etc, has done me more good than harm. But now I am back home again, started from where I last stopped, is it only lonelyness that drives me so far and drugs me so deep under?

Through this page, I found the way to make a move, and I have really made moves. Sometimes successful other times fruitless, but one thing I know for sure, I must donate to this home - my main reason for coming here tonight. But the page is gone. Where do I find it? I owe it coz my eyes were never so open - to lead me to my current project. Loads of hugs. Carla

Hi, Carla and thanks. I hope you're okay and you continue to move forward. It's not necessarily an easy trip--or one that follows a straight line--but if you keep at it, I know you'll succeed. And of course you can always look here for support.

Also, I had planned to respond to you privately but your post prompted a rather surprising message to my inbox about donations to this board. I realized others may have similar questions (or concerns in this case) and I am happy to provide full disclosure.

* We have collected 10 donations from 9 members totalling $395 since we installed the donation button several weeks ago
    * An additional $100 was donated by a non member who wished to show her support
    * Donations range from $10 to $100
    * To date, approximately 80% of the donations have been dedicated to two month's of message board hosting, development and tech support. (We use a VPS, or virtual private server, to host our site because the board, private messaging, chat, etc. have become quite resource intensive. Some days the message board alone has 12,000+ pages viewed.)
    * The remaining 20% of donations was used to offset product and shipping costs for items sent to two customers who were much in need but unable to pay

Eventually this will all be documented and submitted to our accountant, but until then it's an informal and honest audit.

I'm actually rethinking the donation button. The intent was wonderful (it was suggested by members) and I'm deeply grateful for those who have generously donated to help support the community. But I'm not sure, based on what I read today, if I should leave it there. I really don't want people getting the wrong idea.

RJ
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Help keep our forum strong--make a contribution to My Way Out. Or show your support by becoming a Subscriber and enjoy enhanced features, as well!

Comment

Thanks RJ. The donation button is all over a sudden available again, didn't have it even yesterday, so I will rush before it goes off. Considering the number of people I suppose use or get help - like me, from this site, I feel that the donation could do better...anyway, maybe with time. I am progressing really well, and I am so proud.......hope and want to continue this way! I do manage weeks without touching alcohol even though I have them at home but my will gets these days more stronger than my urge, at work I am more than productive again - had my boss on phone twice today, full of compliments. It's such a challenge to my colleagues but that's not new, I can handle it, always have.

I can't get to my private mails anymore, this has been going on for weeks even though I have tried it from several computers. Something is technically wrong, hope shall be settled soon. LoL. C.

Comment

Hey Carla,

I just wanted to pop in and say that my "donations" button has been there all along. Maybe the difficulties are with your server or in your area? I know that sometimes I have glitches when no one else is having them--computers and all that go with them can be so difficult sometimes!!

And RJ, thanks for providing an informal accounting of the behind the scenes use of donations. I know that some folks may either be unaware or not have been around long enough to know what goes into running this board and could easily think it is a scam. Most of us know better!

Hugs,

Kathy:l
        AF as of August 5th, 2012

Comment

right kathy. it has worked today, thanks god. i have until now never been scared of anything - what did i say? only until recently, i learnt that there is only one thing in my entire life that has managed to scare me - alcohol. so, as i found a way to try to scare him, i couldn't pay back to any individual person - would be to epensive for me, .... i chose this distribution... any soul out there needs to be nourished...whoever it is that earns it

Comment

Working...
          X