Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Checking In

Been gone a while....lots of new "faces" Welcome to all the newbies

I was here a while back and had some success but then kind of just gave up. Figured it was just how it was going to be. I had gotten to a level of not getting really drunk, only drank at home and no hangovers so I thought....it is okay right?

NOPE! I recently and finally got some blood work done. Deep down I knew what they would say.....only it was worse than I thought. My liver is in terrible shape. Levels waaaay high. So needless to say now I'm scared.

So with that being said, I'm doing two things. I have started a home detox program. I have a friend who cured her own cancer advising me on what to take. And I started Alan Carr's book.

OMG!!! I think it is awesome. I am only half way through but I am amazed by how differently I am already starting to feel about AL. I never would have thought about the way he puts it....and it makes so much sense. And I like the way he writes. Very down to earth and to the point.

I would highly reccomend this book to anyone.

Good to be back on track and back at MWO.
    :l
    Ak
    :flower: I'm not as good as I'm gonna get, but I'm better than I used to be.

Checking In

Great to see you AKgirl!
    Go for it! You are such a gem. Don't waste your precious life anymore. Bravo friend.

'I am part of all that I have met, yet all experience is an arch wherethro', gleams that untravelled world whose margins fade, forever and forever when I move'

Zen soul Warrior. Freedom today-

Comment

Checking In

It's good to have you back AK!!
      I haven't read Alan Car's book but I have heard great things about it for drinking (and smoking) -- use all the tools you can to get your drinking under control.
      "The person who says it cannot be done should not interrupt the person doing it"

Comment

Checking In

akgirl - Allen Carr saved my life.......twice!
        I stopped smoking 14 years ago after attending his clinic.
        In December I read the alcohol book, made my plan and had my last drink.... I changed my thinking towards AL and in the 1st few weeks used the vision of that monster dying off to keep me strong. I dont feel like I had to "give up" anything, quitting was the biggest gift I ever gave myself and now i simple dont drink...

I had a bad liver test result in Dec and will be having another one next week to see how it has improved. I totally trust it will be ok and I no longer hav the bloating and pain in that part of my body.
        Im so happy you "get" the Allen Carr method, for me it puts an end to the torture we let our minds put us through.
        "In the depths of winter I finally learned there was in me an invincible summer ."
        AF - JAN 1st 2010
        NF - May 1996

Comment

Checking In

Thank you everyone. Missed you all.

His book is light a HUGE light bulb went off. I have been highlighting parts that really hit home for me.

I would like to share a few.

Inebriation is a process of gradually deadening your senses until you are rendered insensible.

Our senses are the instruments on which we are completely dependent.

We are the only species that has learned to cry and the only species to make our lives so miserable that we deliberately sacrifice the most powerful instict Mother Nature gave us, by consciously taking our own lives.

Al has its uses. It is a powerful detergent and can be burnt as fuel. (Just think what that does to you insides) AL can be of benefit to mankind. So can streams. But to conclude that the Almighty supplied us with AL so that we could poison ourselves with it, is about as logical as claiming that the sole purpose of streams is for us to drown ouselves in them.

There are so many others...I can't wait to finish the book

Comment

Checking In

Hey AKgirl, good to see you back!!! I haven't read Alan Carr's book but you are making me curious. I'll see if it's at the library. Sorry about the liver test, but if that's what it takes. So be it!!! Really pleased to see your avatar.
            Wally22:confusedmonkey::confusedmonkey::confusedmo nkey:
            If I don't want to brag but I can still wear the earings I wore in highschool
            November 2, 2012

Comment

Checking In

Wally22;819996 wrote: Hey AKgirl, good to see you back!!! I haven't read Alan Carr's book but you are making me curious. I'll see if it's at the library. Sorry about the liver test, but if that's what it takes. So be it!!! Really pleased to see your avatar.
              hi AKgirl. im fairly new here and going strong so far. great site. youve really made me curious about alan carrs book. definately going to buy it. thanks
              Today is the tomorrow i worried about yesterday and it turned out fine
              Keep passing the open windows

Comment

Checking In

He recommends you dont quit drinking until you finish the book. Thats what I am doing. Its weird.....wine tastes increasingly....well yuck.

This book really puts things in a whole new light. All the things we have been made to believe about AL are all challenged and discounted.

Truly an amazing read.....3/4 the way done. AL is losing its appeal as I speak. Ive never thought of it this way.

Read it ya'll!!!!!

Comment

Checking In

Wally22;819996 wrote: Hey AKgirl, good to see you back!!! I haven't read Alan Carr's book but you are making me curious. I'll see if it's at the library. Sorry about the liver test, but if that's what it takes. So be it!!! Really pleased to see your avatar.
                  Thanks Wally, glad to be back.

The liver test is not what it should take......just cause you feel good doesn't mean things are good. I had no symptoms really, just new I needed checked. Then to find out how bad really things were.....very scary.

Don't wait to get bad results to do something!!!!

Comment

Checking In

Hey you!! Im so frustrated with myself.

Comment

Checking In

Chat???

Comment

Checking In

Cant chat here MM....FV????

Comment

Checking In

Akgirl.........Glad to she ya' Keep, keeping on ! IAD
                          ?Be who you are and say what you feel because
                          those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.?
                          Dr. Seuss

Comment

Checking In

hiya akgirl,nice to hear from you,

:congratulatory: Clean & Sober since 13/01/2009 :congratulatory:

Until one is committed there is always hesitant thoughts.
                            I know enough to know that I don't know enough.

This signature has been typed in front of a live studio audience.

Comment

Checking In

It's good to see you back, AK. I read Allen Carr's book the easy way to quit smoking and along with some other tools it worked for me.
                              I'm so glad you're feeling positive about quitting AL. I've had a couple of friends die from liver failure--pretty sad.
                              The will of God will never take you where the Grace of God will not protect you.ray:

Comment

Working...
                              X