Day 6 AF

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Day 6 AF

I had a very emotional day yesterday but I feel great today! I put on the hypnosis CD when I finally went to bed last night. Fell alseep half way through, but it was the best sleep I've had in a long time! I got my baclofen and a new book that I am excited about "The Easy Way to Stop Drinking" in today! My husband coming home this evening. I thought I would clean the house real good, cook him a nice meal and look fantastic for him, but then I thought "why set myself up to be rejected again?". Most likely, he will come home tired and ill with a bottle in his hand. I'm so tired of trying to please others and always failing, but I can't give up. Maybe this time will be different. Otherwise, I will be in chat tonight crying my heart out AGAIN! Hope all of you have a great day! :l
    I'm not what I should be, I'm not what I could be. I'm definetly not who I want to be,
    but I'm sure not who I used to be!

There is no pit so deep that God's love is not deeper still.

"I CAN DO ALL THINGS THROUGH CHRIST WHO STRENGTHENS ME." Phil 4:13

Day 6 AF

Hey Sobs-
    why don't you do the above like you said- but do it FOR YOU..? You deserve a nice meal, a clean house and to look good. If your husband notices- a bonus. But if he is in his world- can you still find some satisfaction in doing this for you?
    -S

Comment

Day 6 AF

Sheepish;820400 wrote: Hey Sobs-
      why don't you do the above like you said- but do it FOR YOU..? You deserve a nice meal, a clean house and to look good. If your husband notices- a bonus. But if he is in his world- can you still find some satisfaction in doing this for you?
      -S
      ditto

:congratulatory: Clean & Sober since 13/01/2009 :congratulatory:

Until one is committed there is always hesitant thoughts.
      I know enough to know that I don't know enough.

This signature has been typed in front of a live studio audience.

Comment

Day 6 AF

double ditto SOS....do it for you baby!!!!!
        I LOVE the CD's...always knock me out......
        I love my family more than alcohol.:h
        Live in the Solution....not the problem

Comment

Day 6 AF

Sheepish;820400 wrote: Hey Sobs-
          -S
          Sheep put it perfectly!

There is nothing worse than constantly trying to EARN the Love or Attention of anyone, especially a spouse. In fact, having "Expectations for another person", often leads to a huge let down. When you think of it, it really is a form of manipulation. Manipulation does not work, at least not in the long run!

Take care of yourself first.......this is a true sign of love for everyone else!

XXX Kate
          A Dream is a Wish Your Heart Makes~Cinderella

AF 12/6/2007

Comment

Day 6 AF

Yeh, I haven't really got the "do it for yourself" thing down yet. I learned at a very early age, I had to earn love from my parents and from every relationship I've ever had. Feel like I have failed at all of them. Hey, but my pomerian loves me! I don't see anything in me that is lovable. Maybe that low self esteem will fade away, but I really don't know how to "NOT" try to earn love and approval. Maybe it is manipulation, Kate, but is it so wrong just to want to be loved?
            I'm not what I should be, I'm not what I could be. I'm definetly not who I want to be,
            but I'm sure not who I used to be!

There is no pit so deep that God's love is not deeper still.

"I CAN DO ALL THINGS THROUGH CHRIST WHO STRENGTHENS ME." Phil 4:13

Comment

Working...
            X