I want!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I want!!

I just wanted to know if anyone has read the book "I want" by Jane Valez-Mitchell?? I have been inspired to buy it, but I want to know if it's worth it.. Please let me know..:thanks:

:wings:Love, Peace, and Happiness!

I want!!

Hi Savanah,

This book is on my Want List too! You might want to check out the "What we are reading" section in the general section here at mwo. There are some comments on this book.

Also, I don't know if you are aware of this, but, you can go to amazon.com and download excerpts of books there "For Free"! I do this all the time! It is almost like being able to browse the shelves at Barnes&Noble!

Best Wishes!

Kate
    A Dream is a Wish Your Heart Makes~Cinderella

AF 12/6/2007

Comment

I want!!

Hi Savannah,
      I am a BIG reader and have read just about every book there is related to addiction and alcoholism. I recently checked out "iWant" from the library. I read the first few chapters and then took it back (without finishing it). She's very focused on herself, her career, her sexuality, her personal beliefs....so much so that you seem to even forget that it's a book about addiction! I just thought I'd share my thoughts with you before you purchase it. Maybe try to rent it from the library and see how you like it? There are tons of other books I'd recommend over this one.
      Hope you're well!
      K9
      :heart:I love my daughter more than alcohol:heart:

Believe in yourself. You are stronger than you think.

Comment

I want!!

I downloaded this book to my Kindle, I am about 1/3 of the way through it and I am really enjoying it. It is much more a book about the on going process of recovery. She really delves into the 12 step process and how it can help in every area of our lives. She also does a great job about describing the "Self Discovery" component of recovery.

I would highly recomend this book!
        Kate
        A Dream is a Wish Your Heart Makes~Cinderella

AF 12/6/2007

Comment

I want!!

I liked it too and agree with her reasons for being a vegan and her perspective on our mass overconsumption.

Comment

Working...
          X