dogs and other animals

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

dogs and other animals

Springer Spaniel cross 8yrs, a Lab retriever cross 4yrs. Both very different characters and a 17 year old moggie who looks about half her age. Both dogs are getting a bit like their master however, a bit grey around the chops Oh and about 200 wild birds out in the garden that we feed all the time including one robin that is happy to sit about six inches away from me outside.
    Ethanol is a toxic chemical, why would I drink it?

Comment

dogs and other animals

Pebbles - do you read any of the books by John Katz? He has border collies & now has a farm in New England in the states. Tells lovely stories about how the animals have taught him to find himself. you'd enjoy with your borders, working farm dog & chickens.

Comment

dogs and other animals

Actually on reflection there cant be anywhere near 200 of our feathered friends or it would be like a scene from Hitchcocks 'The Birds'
        Ethanol is a toxic chemical, why would I drink it?

Comment

dogs and other animals

Why is it we learn so much from our pets? I'm known as the 'dog lady', and my grands have learned their love of citters from me, I guess. My first pet, when I was a babe, was Bob, a short-tailed cat. Since then I've had Juliet, London, a variety of farmyard pets, and Winkie, a rat-terrier I got from a friend in college. Since I've been out on my own, we've had Megan, and her son Kaiser, German Shephards; Rikie Tikie, a black lab, and Solomon, a gorgeous German shephard. My son had Beuregard Blue, a great dane, and our daughter had an assortment of cats, plus her blue-eyed Huskie, Chance. In the early 90's, I acquired Wolfgang, a Rottwiller/Newfoundland mix, and he was my dog of a lifetime. I can't imagine another animal with his personality, and his total devotion to me. When he died, at 15, I couldn't get out of bed for over a week. During this time, Hubs had Frito, a pound rescue, part poodle, part chihuahua. He and Toby, our mixed breed yard dog, died on the same day, Father's Day, 2003.
          I've done animal rescue for the last 10 years, and have had Rotties who didn't last long after I brought them home, but my vet says they had true happiness during their last days. I drove 400 miles roundtrip to rescue Nicholas, who was 60 pounds underweight when I got him home and to the vet, but loved riding around on the Gator with me, and finally died from the ailments he had that I couldn't fix. Today, we have Sadie, Hubs Jack Ass Terrier, 6 yrs. old, and finally becoming tractible; Tinkerbelle, my 4 1/2 pound Yorkshire Terrier, who was destined to be a breeder at a puppy mill, but didn't get big enough, so I lucked out and bought her; Berit, my AKC Rottweiler, absolutely stunning to look at and devoted to me. She walks in the woods with me and knows how to help me up steep grades; and Gator, our crazy boy, the only male in the group. I brought him home one day when I was volunteering at the animal shelter near our cabin, and he's fat and happy, a beautiful Australian cattledog mix.
          I guess its obvious I adore my animals. This doesn't even mention the pets I've bought my grands, or the ones we have in mind to buy this spring. We've had goats, sheep, ponies, pigs, you name it! Anyway, glad you started this!
          Rubes
          sigpic
          Never look down on a person unless you are offering them a hand up.
          awprint: RUBY Imagine yourself doing What you love and loving What you do, Being happy From the inside Out, experiencing your Dreams wide awake, Being creative, being Unique, being you - changing things to the way YOU know they can BE - Living the Life you Always imagined.awprint:

Comment

dogs and other animals

I could talk about my terrier all day long. She is sooo funny. I love how she puts her toys in her food dish. And how she has learned to make a ball bounce. And how she can be over the moon in excitement with a rock or a stick. $ cannot buy the joy she brings me. And she is a rescue. ONLY rescues for me and I have a real passion on that topic.

And I have a sweet kitty who sleeps in my arms every night like a doll. Love her to pieces too. She warms my heart and the dog makes me laugh.

Perfect combination!

Comment

dogs and other animals

I have a chihuahua named ACE.....nasty little guy, but can be real sweet. He's been previewed on this site before...Ha! IAD
              ?Be who you are and say what you feel because
              those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.?
              Dr. Seuss

Comment

dogs and other animals

My Favorite Topic!!

Have four dogs in the house, usually on the couch. Luke 6 month old chocolate Lab, Buddy 3 year old Welsh Corgi, Katie 2 year old Australian Cattle Dog, and Jack ? old Jack Russell. They own the house and the perimeter of our 10 wooded acres in the Foothills of the Blue Ridge. The Cattle Dog is a great retriever, and the Lab will probably be a great cow dog. It's amazing how every one is different in personality. I never get tired of watching them.
                We have 4 grave sites of our previous friends. I'm just taking off their Christmas evergreen blankets because the daffodils are coming up. They have taught me so much about living in the now and not holding grudges or resentments. Every dog deserves to have a safe and happy life....not chained up outside in the worst of weather. They give so much and ask so little in return. Bless them all every one.

Azuldog

Comment

dogs and other animals

Another note from me: Unconditional love means a lot to us, the ones who feel unlovable or unable to figure out how to function in socitety. But with this love, from the animals we would die for, comes the responsibility to provide for them, each day, and even in the event we're not around to take care of them . The number of animals at the pound from deceased owners is shocking, these beloved companions who are suddenly left. Volunteer at your local pound, help save a life!
                  sigpic
                  Never look down on a person unless you are offering them a hand up.
                  awprint: RUBY Imagine yourself doing What you love and loving What you do, Being happy From the inside Out, experiencing your Dreams wide awake, Being creative, being Unique, being you - changing things to the way YOU know they can BE - Living the Life you Always imagined.awprint:

Comment

Working...
                  X