My councelling session have ended

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Finished my Councelling yesterday hecker te heck, she forgot to tell me the week before that it was my last session with her.

She had told me that she wants me to go away and practice certain things we have spoken about.

Felt a bit sudden, having someone to talk to in person each week then no body.
    Don't Let The Bastards Grind You Down - Eat Them Alive

1 - 2 - 3

Thats not good Flip. Is it an NHS one? You should be able to extend if you need to. If its private and you are happy with her (not sure I would be just to be cut off like that) then can you talk to her and resume?
    Living now and not just existing since 9th July 2008
    Nicotine Free since 6th February 2009

Comment

well its called SADAS (Surrey Alcohol and Drug Advisory Service) They get funded. She want me to go away and practice some of the things we have spoken about ie the way I think about a situation and take it for worse than it actually is.

I allowed myself to have some beers the other day after nearly 2 week af, it wasnt a bad binge, ended up having a curry and the next day I spoke to my Dad and he said I see that you went out for a curry last night and I was so mythed to how he had found out worrying that I had spoken to someone and not remembered it.

This is how abusing alcohol has screwed with my mind when nothing bad has actually happened I assume it has.

She did say if I feel like im still struggling that I can apply for more and it is me who is going to have to put the work in which I do understand

1 - 2 - 3

Comment

Hi flip top,
        I can really understand how you are feeling, this happen to me 2years ago and i really felt lost all on my own, running around like a headless chicken...Do they have group counselling session there? it would be a good idea to find out.... my group counselling session is by the NHS but they are cutting it down to once a week instead of twice a week this has made a lot of people angry in the group. Also it not a open session no more you can only attend 12weeks now. Right now im so pissed of and angry with the NHS...
        Thank God i have AA to go to this morning.

Hope all goes well with you i really do.:l
        Formerly known as Teardrop:l
        sober dry since 11th Jan '2010' relapse/slip on 23/7/13 working in progress ! Sober date 25/7/13 ( True learning has often followed an eclipse, a time of darkness, but with each cycle of my recovery, the light grows stronger and my vision is clearer. (AA)
        my desire to avoid hitting bottom again was more powerful then my desire to drink !

Comment

Flip Top - have you tried Turning Point? I was offered six months free counselling with them (ended up only doing three months, but that was my decision).
          Turning Point - The UK's leading social care organisation

Also, AA? If you strip away all the dogma, at heart it's good group support.
          sigpic
          AF since December 22nd 2008
          Real change is difficult, and slow, and messy - Oliver Burkeman

Comment

Marshy im going to see how it goes. Its just really good to have someone to talk to about your DEMONS, feeling positive at the moment and am going for the 30 days al free :wow:

1 - 2 - 3

Comment

sorry your councilling sessions have stopped flip top mine have only started second one tomorrow although i did attend about 2 years ago and i felt i didn't get anything from them at the time and here i am again going back ,it is really helpful to have someone to talk too if your not happy about the decission ask if you can carry on til you feel strong enough to go it alone but you know you always have this place ,,,hope you succeed with your goals as i'm also aiming for 30 days on day 17 at the mo

good luck

Comment

maryt;822871 wrote: sorry your councilling sessions have stopped flip top mine have only started second one tomorrow although i did attend about 2 years ago and i felt i didn't get anything from them at the time and here i am again going back ,it is really helpful to have someone to talk too if your not happy about the decission ask if you can carry on til you feel strong enough to go it alone but you know you always have this place ,,,hope you succeed with your goals as i'm also aiming for 30 days on day 17 at the mo

good luck
                :goodjob: well done for day 17 mary :goodjob:

1 - 2 - 3

Comment

Working...
                X