Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

To those who have quit smoking

Dear another,

I am one that had to quit drinking in order to stop smoking. The only time I smoked was when I drank, and vice versa. Soon, I was drinking more, so I could smoke. I finally got honest and quit both. Whenever I tried to go back to drinking and not smoke, it lasted about 3 beers. I Never think about drinking without a ciggie to go with it. So, it's just easier to not drink.
    Hang in there. It is so worth it. I feel 100% better and after watching my mom with COPD and ultimately death from lung cancer, I'm hoping I'll have a little better quality of life in my old age.
    After awhile, it does get easier, be patient!
    The will of God will never take you where the Grace of God will not protect you.ray:

Comment

ive had 3 days smoking my herbal menthol/tobacco mix. its about 3 to 1 herbal mix. i am probably smoking twice as much but im still taking less crap inside me. its a start for me anyway. im getting some funny looks cos it smells like cannabis.
      Today is the tomorrow i worried about yesterday and it turned out fine
      Keep passing the open windows

Comment

Funny Girl;822709 wrote: Yes, I've been admiring that avatar ever since you put it up. Heeeyyyyyyy . . . maybe that's subliminally contributing to my new ice cream addiction . . . . . .that would explain things . . . . .
        You never know....

I had a $10 rewards card I used today. I almost bought Ice Cream with it but decided on bagels instead.

Well, if that's the way the drinking thing works for you with quitting smoking, then by all means quit smoking. For me, I learned how to drink without it - my attitude was that I was not going to give everything up - not me! I'd drink other things. I started drinking wine then since I"d always pretty much been a beer drinker & that was my strongest association with cigarettes. So wine wasn't associated, so that's what I drank the most of when I first stopped . . . I'm just sooo clever aren't I? I can find a million ways to kill myself slowly . . . . Luckily Ice cream is good for you . . . . . ;-)
        Yup, that sure is the way it works. Although, honestly? I have been keeping busy today going to stores (and eating too much) and when driving home I thought, gosh, I would love a bottle of wine and some cigarettes. I could almost feel the relief come over me, that feeling of peace that would ascend upon me if I were to light up and pour a glass of wine. Even typing this is hard.

I drove past the store and ate a chocolate bagel instead. It's about 21 hours without any nicotine and I know it's only going to get worse. For me it peaks at about 48 hours. So on this note, think I will just go lay down and pass the time away.

Have a great evening FG and all!

AD

Comment

Anotherday;821266 wrote: Thanks, Guitarista!

Good for you that you've been smoke-free for 15 years! That is how long I've been smoking! Prior to that I'd quit for 10 or 15 years. I think I'll put stickies up all over. Good idea. I do enjoy smoking and it doesn't bother my breathing but I just don't like the fact it's taken years off my life and I want to be done with it.

I think the walking is a great idea too. I'll watch movies too. I don't have to go anywhere so I can just hibernate, which is a good thing.

AD
          I accept with information: It will be a bit easier now that you just can't do it anywhere in public anymore - that is a big help since you're just not around smokers in restaurants.
          Hair Plugs
          tower-defense.com

Comment

Working...
          X