Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Army Thread 13th March

Good morning lovelies!

Still cant quite believe how my life is going to change in a very short while and am excited and nervous about it. Its like this is phase two of my recovery plan.
    One of my issues is I am always frightened of making mistakes, in things I say or do. At uni my tutor is encouraging us to take risks. It makes sense. OK we might get it wrong sometimes but also we might get it right!
    So I have taken a risk going for a job that I have very little or no experience in and I hope it works out

I am in class all day today, and looking forward to it.
    Have a lovely day everyone :l
    Living now and not just existing since 9th July 2008
    Nicotine Free since 6th February 2009

Army Thread 13th March

Hi Starts,
    You have been so supportive of me, so it's high time I return the favour. Imagine a swimmer on the diving board...when she hits the water she's got to swim or drown. Go with the flow, trust your instincts, and do your best. And I'm sure it will turn out very well.:l
    make the least of the worst, and the most of the best - everyday.

Comment

Army Thread 13th March

Morning Starts, Jessie and all the Army. A big congratulations Starts on the new job, I'm sure you'll do a terrific job. Your such a help and support to so many here already, you've had plenty of practice.

Comment

Army Thread 13th March

Good Morning Folks!
        Another beautiful if cold morning here.
        I'm home alone today so I'm going to set about my garden.
        My daughter called yesterday to see if we could look after tiny baby Andrew next Saturday. The two older grandkids are off to their other grans', so I'll have my first proper chance to get to know this little fella.
        Risks are good Starty. I've often regretted not taking them and only regret failing through lack of trying. Good luck.

Comment

Army Thread 13th March

good morning army ,hope all is well.

:congratulatory: Clean & Sober since 13/01/2009 :congratulatory:

Until one is committed there is always hesitant thoughts.
          I know enough to know that I don't know enough.

This signature has been typed in front of a live studio audience.

Comment

Army Thread 13th March

Morning guys, Jessie glad you got sorted.
            Opal you rest that leg this weekend and thats an order.
            Pops that sounds really lovely. Great to have something so precious to look forward too.
            Starty life is full of risks and all the more fulfilling because of it. Think how it would be if we never took a chance, the amazing things that happen in our lives would stay elusive. I am the opposite, I may take too many chances at times but I dont regret that for a second. Re your new job, what is the very worst that can happen? It doesnt work out and you go on to do something else. Well it sounds like the people who interviewed you and have the experience, are those best placed to judge if you have the skill set, ability and potential to achieve. They obviously believe in you, you should too. Just look how far you have come since we met.
            Mario your avatar always brings a smile.
            Thats all, not much to say today
            Ethanol is a toxic chemical, why would I drink it?

Comment

Army Thread 13th March

Morning starts,jessie,pops,mario,KT, Opal and a half and all those yet to drop by.

Starts, it's good to feel a bit nervous and a lot excited. It's a fab job, my little brother loves it.

Beautiful spring day, got washing on the line at last. Something really nice about white shirts blowing gently in the breeze.

Going to my bestest friend's 50th birthday party tonight, she knows I don't drink anymore so it should be grand.
              It could be worse, I could be filing.
              AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

Army Thread 13th March

good morning not to many here today,hope everything goes well for you starts,one thing about here u have support,change is hard,if your half the woman out there as you are here,the people youll touch will be blessed,this comment goes for the rest to come today,to,look back on the writing s youve had since coming hear,youll se how much youve grown in your sobriety,congrats to all,gyco

Comment

Army Thread 13th March

hi all gang, wats up

Comment

Army Thread 13th March

:sofa:

me, trying to decide what to wear tonight

the ladies lament..........I haven't got a thing to wear
                    It could be worse, I could be filing.
                    AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

Army Thread 13th March

JackieClaire;821444 wrote: :sofa:

ooo. the things ive gone out in after a bottle of wine. thought i looked fantastic but thinking about i maybe not. a couple of weeks before AF i went out in the afternoon in my pyjamas.. with my best coat on top.... o dear (did anyone notice???) :handbag::grannypants::anon:
                      Today is the tomorrow i worried about yesterday and it turned out fine
                      Keep passing the open windows

Comment

Army Thread 13th March

JackieClaire;821444 wrote: :sofa:

where you going jc

Comment

Army Thread 13th March

allo!!!

GORGEOUS day out! Little more sorting today and some cleaning. Wish I could train the cat to puke outside. There is a show at the coffee house tonight. Guess I'll go if I don't wear myself out. I need to get out amongst people I suppose. Besides you lot :H:H

JC party will be great fun esp. without the "why I'm not drinking" issue. Wear PARTY dress!
                          sigpic
                          Thoughts become things..... choose the good ones. ~TUT

Comment

Army Thread 13th March

hi greeneyes, more cleaning wow it never stops for you

i am going to a 21st tonight, dinner & all, looking forward to it as i am starving

Comment

Army Thread 13th March

21st birthday?
                              sigpic
                              Thoughts become things..... choose the good ones. ~TUT

Comment

Working...
                              X