being nosey

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

being nosey

hope you dont think im being nosey (just curious). ive been reading back on early threads by of the people here who have been AF long time. you guys seem invincible. its comforting to see that the same worries and anxieties and stuff were also with you in the early days. i suppose i didnt doubt it as we have all been in the same shit. some more than others. but thanks so much for still being here and continuing your support to us just starting out :thanks::thanks::groupluv::kudos::waving::heartsnf lowers:
    Today is the tomorrow i worried about yesterday and it turned out fine
    Keep passing the open windows

being nosey

hi spuddleduck.......We are all here for two main reasons, To keep sober ourselves & to help others keep sober, its a well know fact that helping others is a big part of keeping sober yourself, its also been proved that its very hard to keep sober all by yourself, A lot of people have tried it & failed,They come here for a few months & stay sober but usually they eventually get drunk. Listening & confession are part of keeping sober.helping others is one of the best ways of keeping sober yourself, and the satisfaction you get out of helping a fellow human being is one of the finest experiences you can have. In this community we have here we can & should all help each other,to stay sober, to stay on track, and to help people up when they fall, as we all can. When one expectations are reduced to zero, one really appreciates everything one does have.

:congratulatory: Clean & Sober since 13/01/2009 :congratulatory:

Until one is committed there is always hesitant thoughts.
    I know enough to know that I don't know enough.

This signature has been typed in front of a live studio audience.

Comment

being nosey

Spuddleduck,
      Good for you going back to read of the journey of others here. Invincible...hardly! We that have some years of sobriety now, experienced all the same struggles as those who are only beginning their journey now. I enjoy going back and reading the 30 days and beyond thread and the 30,60, 90 day thread that I was a part of in those early days. We started as a small group...determined to get sober and live sober. We shared the ups and downs that we experienced and that sharing was invaluable! As one member BELIEVE has posted her recently, our group left our egos and tender feelings at the door. We were willing to both hear and share the Truth with each other. Today, 4 out of the original 5 of us are still sober!

If others reading about our experiences helps them......we are all delighted, I am sure! I know that I am.

Best Wishes to you on your journey to sobriety!
      xx Kate
      A Dream is a Wish Your Heart Makes~Cinderella

AF 12/6/2007

Comment

being nosey

May I ask who the original 4 are so I can go be inspired? You already know how I feel about you Kate!!
        I love my family more than alcohol.:h
        Live in the Solution....not the problem

Comment

being nosey

You always make me smile MBear The original 5 were Wonderworld, BELIEVE, Livingfree, Thankful, and me, and shortly after we began, Meditation Mama joined in, then many others also joined. It was a terrific group! Often, on Sunday afternoons, we would organize a chat party in a private chat room!

If you want to find the threads that I mentioned, check under threads started by Wonderworld!

Happy Sunday!!
          XXX Kate
          A Dream is a Wish Your Heart Makes~Cinderella

AF 12/6/2007

Comment

being nosey

Far be it from me to think I'm one of those members as I was just being nosy at why you were being nosy spuddle!! But I just wanted to say I loved reading your simple heart felt post. There's a certain humility that shines through it.

Love and Light
            xx
            "Keep me away from the wisdom which does not cry, the philosophy which does not laugh and the greatness which does not bow before children." Kahlil Gibran
            Clean and sober 25th January 2009

Comment

being nosey

Yes! A BIG THANK YOU to the old timers who choose to stick around, and probably feel frusterated at times to the failures. We appreciate your support and insight to things that in the beginning, we just are not able to see. thank you

I understand about what Mario said. I believe there is great strength in helping others who are in places where you have already been. Its a two way street that works well.

Along with the former old timers mentioned above, I gravitated towards Popeye, Retteacher, and Universal! Dee Bee, and Hippie too! Your ALL such wonderful people.

Overit
              I LOVE MY SEROTONIN AND BOOZE SCREWS IT UP!!!!!

Comment

being nosey

I soooooooooo agree overit! Thank you God for those who have gone before us who can help us and guide us.

Thanks to all of you who stick around and help.
                :h getting better every day

Comment

being nosey

Awesome post, spuddle! Mario and Kate, LOVE everything you said and thank you guys for sticking around to help us newbies, to encourage us and to inspire us! Hippie, you inspire me, too. I love all your posts! We could not do it withoout you senior members! Thank you so much! We love you!
                  I'm not what I should be, I'm not what I could be. I'm definetly not who I want to be,
                  but I'm sure not who I used to be!

There is no pit so deep that God's love is not deeper still.

"I CAN DO ALL THINGS THROUGH CHRIST WHO STRENGTHENS ME." Phil 4:13

Comment

Working...
                  X