Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sober dating

LVT25;822646 wrote: Marshy,

I have this mental picture of a bunch of MWO'ers following you all over London, like the people in a certain cell phone commercial. "Your network"
    Poor Marshy is going to be looking over her shoulder now to see if we are there......
    :groupluv::groupluv::groupluv::groupluv::groupluv: :groupluv:
    "In the depths of winter I finally learned there was in me an invincible summer ."
    AF - JAN 1st 2010
    NF - May 1996

Comment

Sober dating

If it turns into a daytime date, is a picnic-type thing an option? It doesn't even have to be outside. Women love spontenaity, something different than the norm. And no, I've never just sat around at the pub talking, but we do live in VERY different areas. Plus I've probably been married longer than you've been alive! :H I will say what keeps us going in our marriage is that we both surprise the other, we find ways to show we care, and I believe when your dating you should do the same thing and look for it in others. Being kind to each other is SUCH a big issue. As far as drinking, or not drinking, it really shouldn't be an issue, beyond "I don't drink". If your relationship develops, there may be a time to explain it all, but it's not on a first date. Simple, reallly.
      sigpic
      Never look down on a person unless you are offering them a hand up.
      awprint: RUBY Imagine yourself doing What you love and loving What you do, Being happy From the inside Out, experiencing your Dreams wide awake, Being creative, being Unique, being you - changing things to the way YOU know they can BE - Living the Life you Always imagined.awprint:

Comment

Sober dating

chillgirl;822670 wrote: Poor Marshy is going to be looking over her shoulder now to see if we are there......
        :groupluv::groupluv::groupluv:
        mg :help! :help!
        sigpic
        AF since December 22nd 2008
        Real change is difficult, and slow, and messy - Oliver Burkeman

Comment

Sober dating

Hey - you could always act like you're "on assignment" doing an investigative piece on where people who hardly know each other might go on dates that 'don't take too much time' - then you can hop from venue to venue - occasionally taking out your camera phone to take pics. Then if it's horrible - oops! gotta go - deadline! Call ya? . . . .(you see, this is why I'm single . . .)

Comment

Sober dating

:dontworry: No one will be watching you, Marshy! :muahaha:
            sigpic
            Never look down on a person unless you are offering them a hand up.
            awprint: RUBY Imagine yourself doing What you love and loving What you do, Being happy From the inside Out, experiencing your Dreams wide awake, Being creative, being Unique, being you - changing things to the way YOU know they can BE - Living the Life you Always imagined.awprint:

Comment

Sober dating

Marshy;764097 wrote: :H:H

Star, I couldn't agree more! There's probably a market for a whole book about sober dating/sex. And where to find sober people to date (outside of AA meetings).
              Marshy can you believe you wrote this back in Nov?! :H
              "In the depths of winter I finally learned there was in me an invincible summer ."
              AF - JAN 1st 2010
              NF - May 1996

Comment

Sober dating

Marshy, just let me know your intended route. I'll follow surreptitiously, at a safe distance, with my camera and update MWO. You'll want all the feedback you can get, right??!!!

Now, lets see that shirt...

Comment

Sober dating

Pamina;823084 wrote: Marshy, just let me know your intended route. I'll follow surreptitiously, at a safe distance, with my camera and update MWO.
                  Spies everywhere!
                  Tonight's the night - and there's no way I'm saying where we're meeting now :H
                  My hair's gone all funny, I look shattered because I didn't sleep well last night, but NO zits!:H I'll take whatever I can.
                  sigpic

Comment

Sober dating

Marshy you'd BETTER post tonight so we can sleep!!!:H:H
                    sigpic
                    Thoughts become things..... choose the good ones. ~TUT

Comment

Sober dating

Well, the big date didn't live up expectations. It turned out we are very different people, and not *different-interesting*, more *different-poles apart*.
                      The sober part was a doddle, though.
                      She had a couple of beers and told me a couple of stories about some drunken evenings she'd had (and I'm thinking *uh-oh*).
                      Anyway, it felt good to make the effort and get out there, just didn't strike it lucky this time.
                      sigpic

Comment

Sober dating

Well, experience is good. Can we see the shirt now?
                        sigpic
                        Thoughts become things..... choose the good ones. ~TUT

Comment

Sober dating

Marshy, at least you were sober. If I think back to my drinking days, and seeing someone not as they are, but through the drunken lens....
                          ​​Emancipate yourselves from mental slavery, none but ourselves can free our mind ~ Bob Marley ~ Redemption Song

AUGUST 9, 2009

Comment

Sober dating

Greenie, I had a last-minute crisis with the shirt. I'd washed it, ironed it, emailed pic to friend for approval but didn't bother to actually try it on until about 20 mins before I was due to leave.

Eek! There's a reason I've only worn it about twice in two years. It looked hideous!
                            I had to scrabble around looking for something else with the clock ticking.
                            And I'd just put a load of stuff in the washing machine so all my tried and trusty stuff was unavailable.

Anyway, found something that looked OK and headed off to the cafe we were meeting in. When she turned up she apologised that she was in some scratty old work gear coz she'd come straight from work and had "forgotten" about our date until she was on the way into work this morning ad hadn't taken anything to change into. (And yes, it did bruise my ego a bit that she'd forgotten :H)
                            sigpic

Comment

Sober dating

dancelot;823361 wrote: Marshy, at least you were sober. If I think back to my drinking days, and seeing someone not as they are, but through the drunken lens....
                              Yes, dance. At least I can remember it all and not be tempted to think it was good coz I'd enjoyed getting drunk and maybe thought we'd connected. It's great to see things clearly

Also, while I was waiting for her, I saw someone I knew from work and she told me some very interesting work gossip, so all was not lost:H
                              sigpic

Comment

Sober dating

Well, Marshy at least this "trial run" go you thinking about sober dating and next time will be way easier than this time! Boy, you are so right, drinking so often makes a frog look like a princess! There is nothing like thinking clearly!

Thanks for the update!! Sweet Dreams, my friend!!
                                xxx Kate
                                A Dream is a Wish Your Heart Makes~Cinderella

AF 12/6/2007

Comment

Working...
                                X