Did anyone notice yesterday?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

That there was 47 guest :shocked: viewing General Discussion yesterday it stuck out like a sore thumb it was roundabout 8.15am. I thought someone might of pick up on this, was it only me that notice. Just got me thinking..... i was nervers going into work waiting for the manager or team leader to call me in the office and say we KNOW all about You we cant keep you on anymore. Anyway Im not worried about life insurance because im not insurance. Hope i not got anyone else worried. But i hope someone else did notice and im not the only one.........
    Formerly known as Teardrop:l
    sober dry since 11th Jan '2010' relapse/slip on 23/7/13 working in progress ! Sober date 25/7/13 ( True learning has often followed an eclipse, a time of darkness, but with each cycle of my recovery, the light grows stronger and my vision is clearer. (AA)
    my desire to avoid hitting bottom again was more powerful then my desire to drink !

Just a tad paranoid, love!

Don't worry about it! There are always guests viewing here. They are people who are probably unsure about joining.... or just seeing if this place is a place that could help them!

Relax. No one knows who you are here.... that is what our 'screen names' are for! xo

Comment

hi catch,i didnt notice,i didnt no you could see that,ive been here for almost 2 years,your very,aware,of whats going on around you,interesting,were you like that when you drank,as far as work,it can become a sore thumb,work,most dont understand addiction,even the psychiatrist and nursefrom work,who recommended me going,with all there know how,dont understand the addictive mind,half the people i worked with,are the same as me,they didnt go,not my place to judge,im fortunate lately,i drink in my dreams,normal occurance after you stop,for the umteenth thousandth time,after ten years of ,seriosly trying to understand whats wrong with me,and many others,i just shouldnt drink,simple yes,when i 1st came here,i didnt no there were options beyond the one and only one i new of,AA,is not for all,to you who are watching,stop wondering,there are people just like you,im one of them,thank goodness for observant people like CATCH,THNX CATCH ,gyco

Comment

Hi Catch, as a member, if we do not log in, we are considered guests. I don't always log in. Sometimes, I just jump on real quick, do some reading and get back off. I think that is the same with many members. If you look at the member list, there are MANY, and they don't all log on. Have a great day !
        Miss October :blinkylove:

Comment

It usually is about that number. I also do like Miss October and check in sometimes without logging in. If you think of the fact this thing is worldwide, that's hardly anyone. Another support forum I go to currently has 60 members and 897 guests. So we're pretty quiet over here by comparison. Without knowing you're actual name, I doubt anyone would figure out it was you. Plus they'd have to find all your posts, and if they were spending as much time here as we do, it's probably for the same reason as us.
          ​​Emancipate yourselves from mental slavery, none but ourselves can free our mind ~ Bob Marley ~ Redemption Song

AUGUST 9, 2009

Comment

Hey Catch - I hadnt noticed but now i will be checking everytime im here :H

As Dancelot says for a worldwide site these nos. are tiny.

On a funny note, my ex boyfriend dropped by yesterday and I asked him to help me with the backup for my computer, I was looking over his shoulder in horror as my recent history appeared on the screen!! I had been replying to a thread under general discussion called "sober dating" which appeared in the history as SOBER DATING - MY WAY OUT FORUM and I cant even begin to imagine what must have gone through his head! He has no idea I have a problem with AL and must be wondering what the hell im up too.....:H
            "In the depths of winter I finally learned there was in me an invincible summer ."
            AF - JAN 1st 2010
            NF - May 1996

Comment

chillgirl;823189 wrote: Hey Catch - I hadnt noticed but now i will be checking everytime im here :H

As Dancelot says for a worldwide site these nos. are tiny.

On a funny note, my ex boyfriend dropped by yesterday and I asked him to help me with the backup for my computer, I was looking over his shoulder in horror as my recent history appeared on the screen!! I had been replying to a thread under general discussion called "sober dating" which appeared in the history as SOBER DATING - MY WAY OUT FORUM
              and I cant even begin to imagine what must have gone through his head! He has no idea I have a problem with AL and must be wondering what the hell im up too.....:H
              Too funny, Chillgirl! :H
              ​​Emancipate yourselves from mental slavery, none but ourselves can free our mind ~ Bob Marley ~ Redemption Song

AUGUST 9, 2009

Comment

I am too paranoid to log on from a work computer. They can trace everything and it would be inappropriate use of company resources. Fired in a heartbeat so don't risk it!

Comment

luCKy, I'm with you, never log on from a company computer. Isn't worth the risk.

Comment

Lucky...your avatar !?! A Chi ! Love it IAD !
                    ?Be who you are and say what you feel because
                    those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.?
                    Dr. Seuss

Comment

I agree with luCKy and cucks about work computers though - that's different because they could see where you're going. I was thinking home computer, in case you meant something else.

AUGUST 9, 2009

Comment

It's a good thing that I resigned today because when my boss gets me to the boiling point the first thing I do is log on.
                        Read and Relax. Knowing you guys are there.
                        Just wanted to share.
                        I guess I am going to carry my laptop or get internet on my phone.. moving forward.
                        M

Comment

Hey Guys when we are at work busy checking out MWO :ranger
                          and the boss comes our way just distract him by :bananacomputer:
                          if that fails we can always :hateputer:
                          :H:H:H
                          "In the depths of winter I finally learned there was in me an invincible summer ."
                          AF - JAN 1st 2010
                          NF - May 1996

Comment

chillgirl LOL :H:H:H
                            "It works if you work it, because you are worth it!!!"

:groupluv:

Comment

Chillgirl...... Thank God i dont use the p.c in work the temptations would be to high for me.... Gyco i think i was worse when i was drunk, but more in control now.
                              Formerly known as Teardrop:l
                              sober dry since 11th Jan '2010' relapse/slip on 23/7/13 working in progress ! Sober date 25/7/13 ( True learning has often followed an eclipse, a time of darkness, but with each cycle of my recovery, the light grows stronger and my vision is clearer. (AA)
                              my desire to avoid hitting bottom again was more powerful then my desire to drink !

Comment

Working...
                              X