Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Celebrating St. Patrick's Day with 60 days AF!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I can't resist noting the irony that my two month anniversary of going AF happens to fall on one of the biggest drinking days of the year, for both heavy drinkers and occasional imbibers alike!

There's no particular point to this post other than the fact that in my very early AF days it really helped me to read about the positive results people have noticed after quitting drinking. So to anyone just starting out and getting frustrated, tough it out! Alcohol intoxication is a short-term, hedonistic indulgence that adds nothing of value to life. Once your brain begins to recover and you start to see and think clearly again, you will likely much prefer living a sober life. At least this has been my experience.

Congratulations!! 60 days AF is a great accomplishment! Keep up the great work! :goodjob:

Comment

Good for you! Job well done! Green beer never sounded attractive to me, though, nor corned beef with cabbage for that matter. Guess I'm just not Irish.
      My life is better without alcohol, since 9/1/12. My sobriety tool is the list at permalink 236 on the toolbox thread under monthly abstinance.

Comment

:good:Congratulations on 60 days AF, JimBeam! Keep it up!
        ​​Emancipate yourselves from mental slavery, none but ourselves can free our mind ~ Bob Marley ~ Redemption Song

AUGUST 9, 2009

Comment

Congratulations on 60 Days Jim! I love chatting with you, and reading your posts! You are such a terrific addition to the MWO Clubhouse!

I too am so greatful not to be looking for any reason at all to drink! Yeah! I also heard on the radio today that tonight and this weekend has one of the highest rates of DWI arrests next to 4th of July and New Years Eve! Yet another worry that we no longer have!

Wishing Everyone a Happy, Sober, St. Patty's Day!

xxx Kate
          A Dream is a Wish Your Heart Makes~Cinderella

AF 12/6/2007

Comment

Congrats on 60 days AF! I am glad you're happy to be AF on this holiday! It's overrated anyway. Just think of all the DUIs and hangovers that will come about as a result!

AD

Comment

Congrats!
              "I've done it. I don't need to drink anymore. I'm free!"-Jason Vale

Comment

Congradulations Jim on 60 gret AF days!!!!
                :heart:AF since May 31 2008.....Happy and Healthy

Comment

HUGE congratulations Jim on the 60 days. Well done.

Love and Light
                  Phil
                  xx
                  "Keep me away from the wisdom which does not cry, the philosophy which does not laugh and the greatness which does not bow before children." Kahlil Gibran
                  Clean and sober 25th January 2009

Comment

My congrats as well! as I drove through the crowds of green haired drunk people & passed cops all over with pulled over people today on my business errands, I felt very good that I didn't even have to think about it! Good job Jim!

Comment

It is a shame that St. Pat's Day is ruined with all the drunken behavior. It is a holy day for goodness sake!!

I celebrated with some Irish Soda Bread and a lovely walk after work. Waking up today, I am so thankful that I am AF.
                      Redhibiscus

Comment

well done jim b, 60 days are great,love reading your posts,well done..

:congratulatory: Clean & Sober since 13/01/2009 :congratulatory:

Until one is committed there is always hesitant thoughts.
                        I know enough to know that I don't know enough.

This signature has been typed in front of a live studio audience.

Comment

:clapping2:
                          Well done on 60 days, I'm another one who loves reading your posts.
                          J x
                          :l
                          It could be worse, I could be filing.
                          AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

As above jim i to love reading your posts,you seem to have a follwing here :-),,Well done on 60 days af & happy st patricks day to you,hope you had a good one.

Comment

Working...
                            X