Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

HAVE YOU EXPERIENCED CHILDHOOD TRAUMA?

Traumatic childhood takes 20 years off life expectancy / LJWorld.com

I always knew I was screwed up in many ways. Handicapped in the game of life as it were. I have certainly stepped in the same pile of crap many times giving me plenty of clues. Well, a new study came out last year with information on 17,000 + people taken by the health giant Kaiser Permanente . The Center for Disease Control analyzed the data and came up with some stunning conclusions. It's called the Adverse Childhood Events (ACE) survey. When I read this I couldn't believe it. I was depressed and liberated at the same time. I will place this link on the research forum with some of the insights it gave me, but if you want to read about the survey and take the simple test, check out the link above. My score was a solid 7.

good luck...........azuldog

ADog, yes. It's a fact that when we get screwed up early, it takes a toll on us. I don't know the numbers, but a huge percentage of alcoholic women were sexually abused. I don't even know about men! What helps us it to see we are not alone, we are not responsible for our childhood, and that we must begin TODAY being responsible for what WE do. As I've said, heard, had said to me, we become sober for ourselves, no one else. Guilt, blame, and regret will not help us; only self-realization and the desire to live a sober life.
    sigpic
    Never look down on a person unless you are offering them a hand up.
    awprint: RUBY Imagine yourself doing What you love and loving What you do, Being happy From the inside Out, experiencing your Dreams wide awake, Being creative, being Unique, being you - changing things to the way YOU know they can BE - Living the Life you Always imagined.awprint:

Comment

hmmmmmmm lets see where do i start .. yes i have lots of those .. CHILDHOOD TRAUMA.. but it would tke me all day to type it... so if you would like to read my story .. the title is from the begining and behond ..
      :beach: life does change as long as you are willing to change yourself ..
      best thing about the future it comes one day at a time..

Comment

NOTE: Ready T's story! It is the prototype in trauma!
        sigpic
        awprint: RUBY Imagine yourself doing What you love and loving What you do, Being happy From the inside Out, experiencing your Dreams wide awake, Being creative, being Unique, being you - changing things to the way YOU know they can BE - Living the Life you Always imagined.awprint:

Comment

If tlrgs can get over his childhood and live a happy, healthy, sober life, then ANYONE can!!! I'm not nearly as interested in focusing on my horrible past as I am focusing on my happy, sober future!
          I'm not what I should be, I'm not what I could be. I'm definetly not who I want to be,
          but I'm sure not who I used to be!

There is no pit so deep that God's love is not deeper still.

"I CAN DO ALL THINGS THROUGH CHRIST WHO STRENGTHENS ME." Phil 4:13

Comment

Amen! I know from joyful personal experience, this is the sweetest, most dedicated man I've ever met in his quest for sobriety. We all have a journey. Let his be a model for us when we think we can rely on our past as a cushion for our behavior! Love ya, Bro!!
            sigpic

Comment

Working...
            X