Really messed up....need advice asap

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I will never have so much as a drink and drive again, in fact, I'm just quitting drinking period, every bad thing that's ever happened to me, has been related to alcohol, enough is enough, I'm smarter than this and I deserve more!!!
    "Nobody can go back and start a new beginning, but anyone can start today and make a new ending"

Comment

toughintexas;827475 wrote: I will never have so much as a drink and drive again, in fact, I'm just quitting drinking period, every bad thing that's ever happened to me, has been related to alcohol, enough is enough, I'm smarter than this and I deserve more!!!
      amen girl you can do anything you put your mind too and with the help of the site you will do just fine
      :beach: life does change as long as you are willing to change yourself ..
      best thing about the future it comes one day at a time..

Comment

toughintexas;827475 wrote: I will never have so much as a drink and drive again, in fact, I'm just quitting drinking period, every bad thing that's ever happened to me, has been related to alcohol, enough is enough, I'm smarter than this and I deserve more!!!
        A friend of mine often says "Bad things did not happen to me every time I drank alcohol. But every time bad things happened to me, alcohol was involved." He says it was this realization that drove him to finally give it up.

DG
        Sobriety Date = 5/22/08
        Nicotine Free Date = 2/27/07

One day at a time.

Comment

Yep, that's right!
          "Nobody can go back and start a new beginning, but anyone can start today and make a new ending"

Comment

just got our p,

TIT sorry, I will be praying and sending positive thoughts, haven't had time to read entire thread, sorry, really....................love and hugs..................MA:l :h
            :rays:My happiness is my greatest gift to others:rays:eace:

Comment

Tough, popping in to see how you're feeling this morning...I know it's early where you're at so you may still be sleeping. It sounds like they did a really sloppy job of everything which only will help your case further. Drinking is such an evil to people who unfortunately have a tenancy to lean towards it as a crutch, I know this and it causes nothing but additional heartache and pain.
              I am praying for you and am here as a friend. I'm not sure if I have your email address or not still. I will PM you mine so we can chat if you ever want or I'll give you a call. Either way, I am here for you and you have the support of everyone her for advice and friendship.
              Lots of love,
              Gia

Comment

Cant sleep... Why is every one praying for a caught drink driver? . My best friend is now a cripple because of a person who claims they were a little over . Yes we all did it once ...i would have thought all the smush for a drunk drivers feelings are a tad over the top even though you consider yourselves freinds.... she fucked up she could have maimed some one and is now seeking comfort for being caught as a drunk driver seems to be a bit I did nothing wrong I am a good person and can afford a lawyer to sought it out for me..... store that guilt in the RECALL no forgiveness section of your brain no one should ever seek to be comforted for being caught drinking and driving me included and to blame the cops for not catching you in the right way is just pure crap !!!!!

Drinking & Driving

Comment

Yes, honey do not tell them of you meds. Just show your records stating you have/had cancer..I took color pictures of my gastric erosion with me . While you trust this attorney still research everything arm yourself with knowledge. OH the DMV and the justice system aren't always in lock step either. So you have to make sure one knows what the other is doing. Call a TX. lawyer about getting you license back there. I don't see how they can keep it for a year when your not a resident just yet.
                  Sure this isn't the implied consent? Mine was taken away for one week for that.
                  It is illegal for them to keep you from making a living so unless you work in an office and have public transportation how can they do that? That seems unconstitutional.
                  Were you charged DWAI or DUI. I just read CO. DUI law it's tough. I think this is a $ make for the state.
                  Go back to TX. and never get a CO license. As long as you have a TX. address it should matter
                  Hope this day treats you well, take someone with you DMV is very confusing and sadly they treat you like a nuisance. Be tough lady you beat the big C you can beat this
                  XO
                  M

Comment

Tough, while we care so much about you, and want this to be a life lesson, so you never are in this sit again, remember there ARE valid reasons these laws have become so strict. I learned this the hard way, when I lost friends because of drunk driving. Some people will NOT be supportive, because of their experiences. Never forget who the ultimate culprit is here: AL.
                    sigpic
                    Never look down on a person unless you are offering them a hand up.
                    awprint: RUBY Imagine yourself doing What you love and loving What you do, Being happy From the inside Out, experiencing your Dreams wide awake, Being creative, being Unique, being you - changing things to the way YOU know they can BE - Living the Life you Always imagined.awprint:

Comment

Thank you all so much, and trust me, I'll never make this mistake again! I feel better today, got some food down and some sleep last night. I am on day 2 AF also. I just want to get this handled and be able to go on living. I'm sure going to do all the research I can, I'm going to talk to the atty again tomorrow or Monday, and should know more about somethings. I thought that them preventing you from making a living and surviving had to be wayyyyyy too much. It is a $$$ maker here in Colorado, atty told me that, he was a DA for years. I have had a rude, rude awakening from which I won't ever forget!

Comment

Oh, I don't have anyone to go with me to the DMV, and I've heard they were mean, atty told me to not have them request the officer be there at the hearing, because he thinks he really messed up and doesn't want him to be able to just spout off things...I can only do what he tells me, he's supposed to be the best....he's very very nice and very tactical it seems so far. I will keep my Texas license, right now tho, Colorado has it, I can't imagine why if I don't live here perm., that they care enough at DMV to be the harshest to a Tx. resident.... PLEASE EVERYONE JUST SAY A PRAY! I learned my lesson, no more AL!!!! AL has really cost me wayyyyyy too much!!! Love you all!

Comment

Wish I could be there for you, Tough. I do understand. Search your friends and possibilities list, open up, and ask for a buddy to drive you. SURELY there is someone. I had to ask my detested ex-DIL, how lame is that!!? But the shame and humiliation worked for me, plus the reminder of my lost friends. Keep working on this!
                          sigpic
                          awprint: RUBY Imagine yourself doing What you love and loving What you do, Being happy From the inside Out, experiencing your Dreams wide awake, Being creative, being Unique, being you - changing things to the way YOU know they can BE - Living the Life you Always imagined.awprint:

Comment

I'm just going on now, my friends have helped me so much already here...my atty told me what to do, surely I can handle this, I'm not going to let them get to me, they can't kill me or anything!! I'll let you know! Love you all!

Comment

TIT, I always said I was too old and tough for them to eat. You can do it.
                              sigpic

Comment

You have my prayers and thoughts honey. My accident and arrest was my wake up call NEVER AGAIN!
                                I think I told you my neighbor used to be a judge in town and every time an attorney would find a loophole he went to the Commonwealth and had it closed. I see both him and is wife at our local restaurant sucking back red wines and going to their respective cars. Burns me up!

Comment

Working...
                                X