Please pray for me

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Please pray for me

Thank you all so much! I feel much calmer today. Everything is ready (perfect) HA! I'm going to ask them to please not drink around me or Paul. If that doesn't work, we will retire to the bedroom. I'm going to be very cautious and remember all the kind words and encouragement you have all given to me! Thank you for your love and support. Love ya, Vicki
    I'm not what I should be, I'm not what I could be. I'm definetly not who I want to be,
    but I'm sure not who I used to be!

There is no pit so deep that God's love is not deeper still.

"I CAN DO ALL THINGS THROUGH CHRIST WHO STRENGTHENS ME." Phil 4:13

Comment

Please pray for me

SOS, you're gonna do this! Now, don't look around for last minute 'fixes'. Take the rest of the time you have befor their visit to pamper yourself, rest. Pretend YOU'RE the visitor. And remember, you're 'trigger proof'. Nothing will move you from your chosen path, dear! It is YOUR home!!
      sigpic
      Never look down on a person unless you are offering them a hand up.
      awprint: RUBY Imagine yourself doing What you love and loving What you do, Being happy From the inside Out, experiencing your Dreams wide awake, Being creative, being Unique, being you - changing things to the way YOU know they can BE - Living the Life you Always imagined.awprint:

Comment

Please pray for me

Ok, I'm ready. I laid my "How to quit drinking" books around on the coffee table. I've decided if they do pull out their bottle, I will ask them to please not drink around us, if this does not work, I will simply go to bed. The house is clean and the meal is cooking... meatloaf, black eyed peas, butterbeans, corn casserole, mexican cornbread and cake. I sat down to rest a minute before they get here and I started thinking and realized, my biggest problems is after 48 years, I am STILL trying to earn my parent's love and approval and it seemed so useless when I should know that is not possible or even required for me to live a happy, healthy, sober life! The past is in the past and there is no use in letting those "rejection" feelings haunt me any longer. I am my own person and the past, good or bad, has made me into the person I am but the truth and the light is making me into the person I want to be. All of you are helping me along the way and I love and appreciate all of you so much! I hope everyone has a great weekend and I am going to do the same. Love you, Vicki
        I'm not what I should be, I'm not what I could be. I'm definetly not who I want to be,
        but I'm sure not who I used to be!

There is no pit so deep that God's love is not deeper still.

"I CAN DO ALL THINGS THROUGH CHRIST WHO STRENGTHENS ME." Phil 4:13

Comment

Please pray for me

Can I come to dinner, SOS? That sounds like my favorite, Southern meal!
          sigpic
          Never look down on a person unless you are offering them a hand up.
          awprint: RUBY Imagine yourself doing What you love and loving What you do, Being happy From the inside Out, experiencing your Dreams wide awake, Being creative, being Unique, being you - changing things to the way YOU know they can BE - Living the Life you Always imagined.awprint:

Comment

Please pray for me

Wow SOS! That meal sounds fabulous! Can I come too? Ruby can we share a room?

You will do great. One moment at a time, working to do the next right thing. That's all we can do in this life. Seek the approval of your HP by living right. That is a LOT easier than seeking the approval of our parents sometimes!!

DG
            Sobriety Date = 5/22/08
            Nicotine Free Date = 2/27/07

One day at a time.

Comment

Working...
            X