Please pray for me

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Please pray for me

I am going to be under alot of stress for the next 5 days and not able to stay on the site as much as I am going to need to. Tomorrow my parents come for a visit and they drink. I hope I can discourage them by telling them AGAIN that we don't drink anymore. I'm already so exhausted from major housework and yardwork. I almost dread their visit. Friday morning we have to go to court so now, not only do I have to worry about it, I've got to explain a lawsuit against us over medical bills to my parents and listen to them bitch. When they do leave Sunday, I will have 1/2 a day to recover and rest and then monday morning, I've got to have my cataracts taken out. There is so much to freak out over through the hole process. I just hope and pray that I can deal with all the stress, the temptation to drink with my parents if they do drink, the medical procedure and how I'm going to react to being put under and taking pain pills if I have to. Anyways, I just want to scream or crawl in a hole to avoid dealing with it all. Unfortunetly, it is time to see if I can deal with life without alcohol! I hope and pray that I can, because I can't handle starting all over again. This last week has been total hell for me! So I ask you to please pray for me, that I can do it! I love you all and will miss your encouragement terribly! Love, Vicki
    I'm not what I should be, I'm not what I could be. I'm definetly not who I want to be,
    but I'm sure not who I used to be!

There is no pit so deep that God's love is not deeper still.

"I CAN DO ALL THINGS THROUGH CHRIST WHO STRENGTHENS ME." Phil 4:13

Please pray for me

I know these types of situations aren't easy. Myself, I much prefer the days where I can basically set my own agenda and go from there. Entertaining family are some of my least favorite days!

What I have found works best for me is just to take it one day (or minute or hour) at a time. Once preparations are complete and there is nothing more to be done about something, try to let it go until the time comes. (i.e. the cataract surgery on Monday)

Mr. Doggy said something I thought was quite insightful while we were riding together in the car recently. We were talking about how I used to be an over the top worrier, and am far less that way lately. He said "worrying is a trick we play on ourselves to fool ourselves into thinking we are actually doing something." I had to think about that one for a bit. But in my case, it's really true. Most of the time I am worrying, it's about something I can do NOTHING about. So all that negative energy I spend worrying is just....wasted energy.

Try to take a deep breath and deal with the next 3 days as they come.

All the best to you! The time and family visit will pass whether you stress about it or not...

DG
    Sobriety Date = 5/22/08
    Nicotine Free Date = 2/27/07

One day at a time.

Comment

Please pray for me

well just rememeber its your house and if they have a problem with that there always a motel for them .. but as being your paents dont see them having any problem with your request
      :beach: life does change as long as you are willing to change yourself ..
      best thing about the future it comes one day at a time..

Comment

Please pray for me

I agree...dont worry ahead of time and maybe ask them to stay in a hotel
        I love my family more than alcohol.:h
        Live in the Solution....not the problem

Comment

Please pray for me

SOS, if it gets too be too much, and I understand how easily it can, slip away a second alone, breathe, think of all of us here praying for you. The hardest thing to do is put ourselves FIRST, and not let old hurts and old triggers derail us. Your sobriety comes first. Remember that, and that we are with you. Don't do another thing to get ready. It's fine! If it's not, let them fix it, and complaints roll off you, because in the greater scheme, they don't matter, but your sobriety does. You are stronger than you think, but that doesn't mean you have to worry over what other people think and do. Just smile, and don't drink, OK? Remember, we're your secret weapon! :H
          sigpic
          Never look down on a person unless you are offering them a hand up.
          awprint: RUBY Imagine yourself doing What you love and loving What you do, Being happy From the inside Out, experiencing your Dreams wide awake, Being creative, being Unique, being you - changing things to the way YOU know they can BE - Living the Life you Always imagined.awprint:

Comment

Please pray for me

my mother inlaw use to say this .. if you want to come see me welcome anytime but if you come to see the house make an appointment .. she was a sweet mom inlaw .. hey ruby can you put that one in your book of saying .. lol
            :beach: life does change as long as you are willing to change yourself ..
            best thing about the future it comes one day at a time..

Comment

Please pray for me

Done, T-Baby!
              How 'bout "You can write your name in the dust here, just don't date it!"
              or "Friends Welcome Anytime; Relatives, Make An Appointment"
              sigpic
              awprint: RUBY Imagine yourself doing What you love and loving What you do, Being happy From the inside Out, experiencing your Dreams wide awake, Being creative, being Unique, being you - changing things to the way YOU know they can BE - Living the Life you Always imagined.awprint:

Comment

Please pray for me

DG, that's a great thought and post...I just told Ruby I was really trying to just let go, trust God and my Atty., and try to think positive....worrying about it isn't going to help anything...I was awake all night last night worrying that they would call my "color" for today, and I'd have to go thru the process of going down and waiting and doing the breath test....I wasn't called, so I wasted a nights sleep worrying about it, I'm sure I will be tomorrow, but I feel much better today, and will feel more positive tomorrow, so I won't worry about having to go, just do it. I really, really need a good nights sleep, so I'm going to pray for that, and pray for all of us, and hope for the best.
                "Nobody can go back and start a new beginning, but anyone can start today and make a new ending"

Comment

Please pray for me

DG made me think of something I read recently. "Worrying helps nothing. If it's something you can do anything about, do it, and don't worry. If you CAN'T do anything about it, how does worrying help. Don't Worry!"
                  sigpic

Comment

Please pray for me

sick of being sick, I echo everyone before me and you will definitely be in my prayers and thoughts.
                    runningwind :l
                    The greatest discovery of my generation is that a human being can alter his life by altering his attitudes of mind. William James (1842-1910)

Comment

Please pray for me

Vicki - I am definitely praying for you. I am sending positive energy your way. Don't forget what Ruby said......we are your secret weapon. :l
                      "Only I can change my life. No one can do it for me.".....Carol Burnett
                      AF - 7-27-15

Comment

Please pray for me

Vicki,

Just take small baby steps to get through. Relatives can be a pain in the backside.

My mum always used to quote that it was her house and her rules. And then I used to quote it back when she came to my house. Perhaps this is something you can try. Could you ban AL altogether for the weekend? If they want to drink, then they can go to a restuarant or bar without you?

I'm thinking of you and sending strength.

Spam xx

Comment

Please pray for me

Vicki,

You have my thoughts as well. I ended up recently in motel with some members of my family (including my mother) for a week, and just about went mental!

Two things that I found very helpful ..... I got up each morning and went for a walk on my own (and had some really long walks!!:H)

And I went off to bed early every night - read my book, listened to music on my i-pod, sat and watched the trees outside. But it was time on my own and away from them and it kept me grounded enough to (mostly!) hold things together.

Good luck ..... and also for the cataract procedure on Monday. I've watched it being done and it truly does have incredibly great results!!
                          Never give up, for that is just the place and time that the tide will turn

Harriet Beecher Stowe

Comment

Please pray for me

Some great ideas there. I especially like the idea of laying down the law for their stay and going off for alone time. You are under huge stress, but will alcohol really make it better? Na ah. When you have surgery you don't want alcohol in your bloodstream. Be healthy and strong. :goodjob:

Comment

Please pray for me

sobs - sending you strength, hope its not too tough a time. whatever happens its not worth having a drink, you are doing so well, remember how you felt when you were back to day one, i know you dont want to feel like that again. :l
                              Today is the tomorrow i worried about yesterday and it turned out fine
                              Keep passing the open windows

Comment

Working...
                              X