Please pray for me

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Please pray for me

I am going to be under alot of stress for the next 5 days and not able to stay on the site as much as I am going to need to. Tomorrow my parents come for a visit and they drink. I hope I can discourage them by telling them AGAIN that we don't drink anymore. I'm already so exhausted from major housework and yardwork. I almost dread their visit. Friday morning we have to go to court so now, not only do I have to worry about it, I've got to explain a lawsuit against us over medical bills to my parents and listen to them bitch. When they do leave Sunday, I will have 1/2 a day to recover and rest and then monday morning, I've got to have my cataracts taken out. There is so much to freak out over through the hole process. I just hope and pray that I can deal with all the stress, the temptation to drink with my parents if they do drink, the medical procedure and how I'm going to react to being put under and taking pain pills if I have to. Anyways, I just want to scream or crawl in a hole to avoid dealing with it all. Unfortunetly, it is time to see if I can deal with life without alcohol! I pray that I can, because I can't handle starting all over again. This last week has been total hell for me! So I ask you to please pray for me, that I can do it! I love you all and will miss your encouragement terribly! Love, Vicki
    I'm not what I should be, I'm not what I could be. I'm definetly not who I want to be,
    but I'm sure not who I used to be!

There is no pit so deep that God's love is not deeper still.

"I CAN DO ALL THINGS THROUGH CHRIST WHO STRENGTHENS ME." Phil 4:13

Please pray for me

I'll pray for you, you know I am in such a place of stress now too...Let's pray for each other! This too shall pass.....I just wish it'd hurry.....lol....gotta try to find my sense of humor again!
    "Nobody can go back and start a new beginning, but anyone can start today and make a new ending"

Comment

Please pray for me

I'll pray for you. And here's a really mundane piece of advice that may or may not help. One thing that really stops me from taking a drink is when I know it will affect my survival. When you have cataract surgery next week you want your body to be really ready to do its healing thing. Don't compromise your recovery by burdening your body with alcohol right before the surgery.

And another possible piece of advice: postpone the surgery to when you are less stressed. Ask yourself whether you really have to do it now.

Best of luck to you.

Comment

Please pray for me

Lots of luck (& prayers)

Attached files [img]/converted_files/1185963=5545-attachment.gif[/img]
        :notes:
        My mind not only wanders, sometimes it leaves me altogether.

"When enough is enough, that's when you know your half way there"-Tim Mcllrath

Comment

Please pray for me

Thank you all so much! I feel much calmer today. Everything is ready (perfect) HA! I'm going to ask them to please not drink around me or Paul. If that doesn't work, we will retire to the bedroom. I'm going to be very cautious and remember all the kind words and encouragement you have all given to me! Thank you for your love and support. Love ya, Vicki
          I'm not what I should be, I'm not what I could be. I'm definetly not who I want to be,

Comment

Please pray for me

Ok, I'm ready. I laid my "How to quit drinking" books around on the coffee table. I've decided if they do pull out their bottle, I will ask them to please not drink around us, if this does not work, I will simply go to bed. The house is clean and the meal is cooking... meatloaf, black eyed peas, butterbeans, corn casserole, mexican cornbread and cake. I sat down to rest a minute before they get here and I started thinking and realized, my biggest problems is after 48 years, I am STILL trying to earn my parent's love and approval and it seemed so useless when I should know that is not possible or even required for me to live a happy, healthy, sober life! The past is in the past and there is no use in letting those "rejection" feelings haunt me any longer. I am my own person and the past, good or bad, has made me into the person I am but the truth and the light is making me into the person I want to be. All of you are helping me along the way and I love and appreciate all of you so much! I hope everyone has a great weekend and I am going to do the same. Love you, Vicki

Comment

Please pray for me

My prayers are with you

Comment

Please pray for me

sick of being sick;827807 wrote: Ok, I'm ready. I laid my "How to quit drinking" books around on the coffee table. I've decided if they do pull out their bottle, I will ask them to please not drink around us, if this does not work, I will simply go to bed. The house is clean and the meal is cooking... meatloaf, black eyed peas, butterbeans, corn casserole, mexican cornbread and cake. I sat down to rest a minute before they get here and I started thinking and realized, my biggest problems is after 48 years, I am STILL trying to earn my parent's love and approval and it seemed so useless when I should know that is not possible or even required for me to live a happy, healthy, sober life! The past is in the past and there is no use in letting those "rejection" feelings haunt me any longer. I am my own person and the past, good or bad, has made me into the person I am but the truth and the light is making me into the person I want to be. All of you are helping me along the way and I love and appreciate all of you so much! I hope everyone has a great weekend and I am going to do the same. Love you, Vicki
                bye greoge i think she got it .. keep it going girl
                :beach: life does change as long as you are willing to change yourself ..
                best thing about the future it comes one day at a time..

Comment

Please pray for me

Way to go Vickie...I love the books on the coffe table idea!!!!! HINT, HINT
                  I love my family more than alcohol.:h
                  Live in the Solution....not the problem

Comment

Please pray for me

I'll pray with you it is trully a comfort lv

Comment

Please pray for me

I am thinking of you Sick, you can do it. I hope the weekend goes as well as it can. Take care,
                      Hill
                      Sober since Feb 7, 2010.

Comment

Please pray for me

Hi Vicki
                        Will be thinking of you. Its so hard not to drink when everyone else is and there is so much going on around you. A tough time ahead but it seems you have lots of people here willing you on, me included xx

Comment

Please pray for me

Thank all of you so much for your love and encouragement. I am doing well. So far the visit is going really good. Alcohol has not been mentioned or brought out. I feel bad because I see how much my parents are aging and I realize that I need to enjoy them and love on them as much as possible because they won't be around much longer and I do want some happy memories. The court thing went well, too. I just stress myself out most of the time for no reason. But I am so happy to say that I still have no desire to drink! I keep trying to tell myself that my drinking problem is over but I know better. If you think you have power over it, it might raise it's ugly head, so I choose to stay humble and prepared to fight it at any given time. I hope you all have a great weekend! Love, Vicki

Comment

Please pray for me

awesome vick enjoy your time and you will have all the good memories and one clear head
                            :beach: life does change as long as you are willing to change yourself ..
                            best thing about the future it comes one day at a time..

Comment

Please pray for me

You are doing GREAT SOS! Taking things one day (or moment!) at a time really does work.

DG
                              Sobriety Date = 5/22/08
                              Nicotine Free Date = 2/27/07

One day at a time.

Comment

Working...
                              X