Things Put in Priority

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Things Put in Priority

I have been doing MWO now for 3 weeks. Yes, I have been self obsorbed with my problem and getting all the help I can from you folks as well as the meds, supps and exercise. However, today I have a real awaking. I volunteer at Hospice. This afternoon, I picked a 68 year old man up at his house who is dying of heart disease who just wanted to go fishing before he died. He was so excited to see me. He could barely get out the door fast enough. Even though he had trouble walking, has diabetes, mostly blind and took my arm to walk, we had a grand afternoon. The weather was superb here in North Carolina and we did catch a few fish. Just to see the joy on his face and true thanks for something so small to give made my problem seem remote. I am going to take him fishing again real soon. It is more therapy for me than he will ever know. As we sat on the dock at the lake he played his life in reverse for me. He drove a 18 wheel truck for a living and loved it..But heart attacks forced him off the road..his other true love is fishing...something he can still do.

Things Put in Priority

Oh my God I am sitting here crying after reading that beautiful story, steve. What do you is a true gift of selflessness. What a beautiful, beautiful thing you did for this man. And yes, our problem pales in comparison because this problem we can do something about to make a change. Important for me to keep in mind. Bless you.
    I'm really easy to get along with once people learn to worship me

Comment

Things Put in Priority

Wow. That's a beautiful day and a beautiful post. Thanks for sharing it.

Tracy

sigpic

Comment

Things Put in Priority

Not only is that a wondeful story but it really puts our problems in perspective!!! We do tend to look inward too much. Give this gentleman our love.

Comment

Things Put in Priority

That does put things in perspective and are nice awakenings when they come our way. Thanks for sharing.
          I don't work with the same population you do however each day I am working with families who are poor, have a lot of kids and may have child protective services involvement. I walk into these homes where there is lice, roaches, dirt the children are dirty and that is just the normal for them. I go home and thank god for what I do have.
          Thank you for sharing again. It makes me think.
          "Keep your eyes and heart focused on the end goal at all times, and never settle for less."

Comment

Things Put in Priority

Thank you Steve for doin that. Warms my heart.
            Gabby :flower:

Comment

Things Put in Priority

Steve,
              Great story. You alway have a true talent in writing and relating to people. I was really touched by what you doing with your life. Amazing!!!! You are hero in so many people lives. Abby

Comment

Things Put in Priority

Beautiful story, Steve, thanks for sharing it.
                AF as of August 5th, 2012

Comment

Things Put in Priority

Thanks Steve!

When my Grandpa was living his last days...we were able to have him at home with loved ones... Thanks to some very wonderful Hospice people. It's a beautiful thing you're doing. Thank you.:h :l
                  The only thing worth stealing is a kiss...:flower: zwink:

Comment

Things Put in Priority

Hospice workers are angels on earth...truly

Thanks for the wonderful story Steve -

My 2nd husband died in a hospice facility at the young age of 54. He had advanced liver disease due to chronic alcoholism - the people there were the most loving wonderful people I've ever met - thank you for doing what you do..:l
                    Trish In Omaha

Shepard James 'Shep' Walker: I think it can best be said..."The road to hell is paved with good intentions."
                    Sidda: Well, what about the road back? What's that paved with?
                    Shepard James 'Shep' Walker
                    : Humility.

"Divine Secrets of the Ya Ya Sisterhood
                    "

Comment

Things Put in Priority

I LOVE HOSPICE PEOPLE. THEY SHOULD HAVE SPECIAL LICENSE PLATES ON THERE CARS SO WE KNOW WHO THERE ARE. THEY SHOULD NEVER HAVE TO WAIT IN LINE FOR ANYTHING.PARKING SPACES RIGHT NEXT TO THE HANDICAP ONES.....THE LIST JUST GOES ON AND ON.HAVE A GREAT DAY!!!!!!I LOVE YOU.

Comment

Working...
                      X