• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Army Thread 27th March

hello all

Comment

Army Thread 27th March

Limey, did I miss you?? I was thinking about you today. Hope you're well.
      sigpic
      Never look down on a person unless you are offering them a hand up.
      awprint: RUBY Imagine yourself doing What you love and loving What you do, Being happy From the inside Out, experiencing your Dreams wide awake, Being creative, being Unique, being you - changing things to the way YOU know they can BE - Living the Life you Always imagined.awprint:

Comment

Army Thread 27th March

Hey, Rubes & Limey

Had a shite night out, and now I can't sleep. :-(
        I'll do whatever it takes
        AF 21/08/2009

Comment

Army Thread 27th March

Awwh, Tip. What's up?
          sigpic
          awprint: RUBY Imagine yourself doing What you love and loving What you do, Being happy From the inside Out, experiencing your Dreams wide awake, Being creative, being Unique, being you - changing things to the way YOU know they can BE - Living the Life you Always imagined.awprint:

Comment

Army Thread 27th March

I guess I'm just paying the price for having slept well on Friday night, Rubes. Sleep will eventually come.

The party tonight was just so un-party-like. I really have trouble maintaining interest when the vast majority of people are drunk.

The hostess was very funny, though. Now that word of my AF-ness has spread amongst our circle of friends (which was bound to happen, I guess), some of them are becoming more "considerate."

Upon arriving at the venue (which was stunning, I must admit - on a mountainside overlooking Stellenbosch), she marched us to the bar to introduce us to the barman. Only the wine & champagne was free, for the rest there was a cash bar. She introduced as "here are two more for the non-drinkers tab" :H :H :H She and her husband didn't want us to pay for our soft drinks.
            AF 21/08/2009

Comment

Army Thread 27th March

Tip, usually people, whether they understand or not, are considerate of our choices. I'm sure you were much more able to appreciate the food and scenery than the 'imbibers'!
              sigpic

Comment

Army Thread 27th March

I guess I'm also still bloody hungry. The food consisted of canapes that were brought out every so often. However, this was a "luxury boutique hotel." You can just imagine the highly decorative plates. A huge expanse of gleaming white porcelain, with a few edible morsels arranged here and there.

I thought a lovely spit braai would have been nice. We're South Africans, after all. Only tourists stay at these places. I guess I'm just unsophisticated.
                AF 21/08/2009

Comment

Army Thread 27th March

Strangely enough, it was Mrs. T who asked if we could go home. Usually I'm the one who has to nag her.

She then promptly fell asleep on the couch :-( And the kids are at grandma's.... Oh well, another romantic opportunity might present itself in about... 6 month's time :H :H :H
                  AF 21/08/2009

Comment

Army Thread 27th March

tiptronic_ct;829108 wrote: Strangely enough, it was Mrs. T who asked if we could go home. Usually I'm the one who has to nag her.

She then promptly fell asleep on the couch :-( And the kids are at grandma's.... Oh well, another romantic opportunity might present itself in about... 6 month's time :H :H :H
                    Poor Tip! A wife and mother finds having an evening of sleep alluring!
                    sigpic

Comment

Army Thread 27th March

im in chat, you two coming?

Comment

Army Thread 27th March

Hey, Limey

No thanks. I'm in a bit of a foul mood.
                        AF 21/08/2009

Comment

Army Thread 27th March

I might be in in a few. Deadly sleepy right now from my huge meal!!
                          sigpic

Comment

Army Thread 27th March

tiptronic_ct;829108 wrote: Strangely enough, it was Mrs. T who asked if we could go home. Usually I'm the one who has to nag her.

Did you see IAD's quote today - Getting married for sex is like buying a 747 for free peanuts.
                            sigpic

Comment

Army Thread 27th March

rubywillow;829114 wrote: Did you see IAD's quote today - Getting married for sex is like buying a 747 for free peanuts.
                              :H:H:H

My father-in-law always said he often felt like a jackal howling outside the burrow...
                              AF 21/08/2009

Comment

Army Thread 27th March

:H Another take on it, for sure!
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X