good morning

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

good morning

togoodtobetrue;829942 wrote: thanks everyone i had a great weekend never bowled sober in my life now i see wy i suck
    HAHA, I know how ya feel. Just went bowling this last weekend. Not very pretty. Congrats on your time AF. I know I have a hard time getting too far past that. Been there several times. on day 7 myself.

Comment

good morning

It's hard when you're new here to see the 'drama' that some people love. It happens. People who are truly commited understand that. As I was told, and one of my favorite quotes, none of us got here by singing to loud in the choir. Those with a bit of sobriety are stung by ugly words, but we understand where it comes from. I've said some horrible things when drinking, and though I've been forgiven, those words are not forgotten. I was recently told I 'feigned compassion'. Yes, I want to retaliate at first, but what would that gain, or help in my sobriety. If we see someone obviously unable to protect themselves here, we have to speak up. But those who have been here a while understand where the ugliness and anger are coming from, and learn to let it go. It's wonderful you notice that people are attacked for no reason. Just my opinion, don't let it become too personal to you, or derail your plan for your own sobriety. Most of us are used to condemnation, deserved or not. It's the learning to deal with it, soberly, that takes practice. Don't let this change your mission to become sober.
      sigpic
      Never look down on a person unless you are offering them a hand up.
      awprint: RUBY Imagine yourself doing What you love and loving What you do, Being happy From the inside Out, experiencing your Dreams wide awake, Being creative, being Unique, being you - changing things to the way YOU know they can BE - Living the Life you Always imagined.awprint:

Comment

Working...
      X