expecting and sober!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

expecting and sober!!

Just found out Thursday AM that I'm gonna have a baby! :yay: So now this is AF day 3, this baby means more to me than my own selfish life. I see my doctor on Tues. This will be a joyful, interesting, scary 9 months for me. I'm really gonna need some tips and support because it's been 10 years since I've done this.

:wings:Love, Peace, and Happiness!

expecting and sober!!

CONGRATULATIONS SAVANNAH!

You can do this. Park your computer on this site. Read, post, pray (if you're a pray-er) and repeat. This site works. We are always here for you.

Do you already have children? How exciting!

Love and strength......
    the bellinator
    :h getting better every day

Comment

expecting and sober!!

Congratulations.
      It is very important for you to stay sober and everyone here will be happy to help.

Comment

expecting and sober!!

thank you bell and time. Yes, I am a prayer worrior and I only have one 9 1/2 year old at this time and he is TOTALLY excited!!

:wings:Love, Peace, and Happiness!

Comment

expecting and sober!!

Congratulations Sav, that is brilliant news, all the best.
          Ethanol is a toxic chemical, why would I drink it?

Comment

expecting and sober!!

congratulations savannah well done. great news for you & your partner,wishing you the best.

:congratulatory: Clean & Sober since 13/01/2009 :congratulatory:

Until one is committed there is always hesitant thoughts.
            I know enough to know that I don't know enough.

This signature has been typed in front of a live studio audience.

Comment

expecting and sober!!

Savannah;829473 wrote: thank you bell and time. Yes, I am a prayer worrior and I only have one 9 1/2 year old at this time and he is TOTALLY excited!!
              Hi Savannah - just now saw your thread. How exciting this must be for all of you. Like the others said, stay close by MWO, take good care of yourself and you'll do great. So happy for you. We just love babies....

Wishing you all the best........Stirly.....
              For every 60 seconds that you are angry, you lose a minute of happiness.
              AF since 10/10/2015:yay:

Comment

expecting and sober!!

WOW!! What a wonderful incentive for sobriety!!! Everything you do affects you both, as you know, and I know I want to hear all about your healthful, sober next+ months. Hey, we may have our first MWO babyshower!!! BTW, I love the town of Savannah. Are you from there or is it just a beautiful name your parents chose? How old are your other children? I'm SO excited!!!!
                sigpic
                Never look down on a person unless you are offering them a hand up.
                awprint: RUBY Imagine yourself doing What you love and loving What you do, Being happy From the inside Out, experiencing your Dreams wide awake, Being creative, being Unique, being you - changing things to the way YOU know they can BE - Living the Life you Always imagined.awprint:

Comment

expecting and sober!!

:yougo: Congratulations Savannah! I'm thinking of you talking with your 9 1/2 year old about this. Priceless. And Priceless to be sober for the experience. All the best to you and your family and baby!

DG
                  Sobriety Date = 5/22/08
                  Nicotine Free Date = 2/27/07

One day at a time.

Comment

expecting and sober!!

Congrats Savannah!

I remember you talked about wanting this when you first started here at MWO.
                    This is THE perfect opportunity to do the right thing for you & your baby. Giving him/her a healthy start is the best thing you can do

Stay close, drop in the Newbies Nest thread & introduce yourself!

All the best to you!
                    Lav
                    AF since 03/26/09
                    NF since 05/19/09
                    Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

expecting and sober!!

You just gave me shivers........I am am SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOo happy for you...wow....
                      can we help pick names????
                      MWO.......Mary Wanda Ophelia??? eeeeewwww???
                      Matthew William Othello....???? hmmmmm
                      I love my family more than alcohol.:h
                      Live in the Solution....not the problem

Comment

expecting and sober!!

mama bear you are soooooo funny!
                        :h getting better every day

Comment

expecting and sober!!

Great

Savannah--

Do not know how much you were drinking but I definitely had no issues with stopping when I was pregnant. My problemss started post baby (and really got bad around Nov 2009) which was ridiculous for me-- I was destroyng me and potetially my family when the stakes got higher. Had I not had the spouse I do there would have been more issues for my son -- I drank after he was asleep generally and was an HFA -- but the mental crap was killing me inside. Without AL or because of much less (cannot say I am 100% AF daily but that is what I am working to with my plan) the mental stuff is not like it was. Sadly though I pretty much threw away our chances for a next baby due to my drinking-- I needed to lose some weight to be safely pregnant again (in my mind-- becasue my post baby weight lead to some hypertension) and the accelerating booze killed that. I am 42 now almost 43 and do suffer the guilt that I threw away my husband's dream of chance for a bigger family (I had that dream too but since I did this to me through my actions I cannot feel too gloomy about that-- I did it). You have been given a wonderful chance-- I am rooting for you!

Comment

expecting and sober!!

Thrash, it ain't over till the thin lady sings, and you'll find the weight falling off when you drop the AL completely. Don't count yourself out of the baby game yet!!
                            sigpic
                            Never look down on a person unless you are offering them a hand up.
                            awprint: RUBY Imagine yourself doing What you love and loving What you do, Being happy From the inside Out, experiencing your Dreams wide awake, Being creative, being Unique, being you - changing things to the way YOU know they can BE - Living the Life you Always imagined.awprint:

Comment

expecting and sober!!

Ruby-- you think so? I will be 43 on DGs sober day (May 22) and I would think even if I did not have the Al to battle-- 40 pounds or so is alot to lose! No way we would have one until I was at least 44 and that may be pushing it with the risks that could be involved-- I mean, I am not Halley Berry or some star in awesome shape!

Comment

Working...
                              X