Getting sober

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Getting sober

I realized tonight that drinking after abstaining for a few days can be really tempting!!!! I have been without wine for 3 days. I am a bottle a day drinker... Tonight at a restaurant I had 1 glass of wine and was soooo buzzzed I felt totally high and craving more!!!! I haven't felt that way after 1 glass of wine for as long as I can remember. Tolerance i GUESS????
    I thought I could do 1 glass but I tell ya 1 glass got my buzz going so much it was hard to stop.
    Anyone else understand?

Getting sober

Maybe the Topamax

I just realized, I took my first dose of topamax yesterday. I have taken it before but not regularly for over a year. I have read here that it can intensify the effects of alcohol. I wonder if that could be it??

Comment

Getting sober

Hi Wannab
      Don't know about topamax but I do know whenever I went a few days without the booze used to go straight to my head, to the extent that I used to get into strife with hubby etc cos I would get really drunk on much less and make a show of myself so I suppose our tolerance does go down quickly. When I was drinking continuously I seemed to drink awful amounts of drink without ever getting really drunk - what a sad waste of life huh!
      Molly
      Contentedly sober since 27/12/2011
      contentedly NF since 8/04/14

Comment

Getting sober

Hi Wannab & Molly,

I have never taken Topamax so I cannot comment on that.

I do remember, in past attempts to quit or cut back that 1 glass of wine did seem to go directly to my brain! Instead of being frigthened or put off by that I just kept drinking. That's why when I quit last year I promised myself there will be more more 'just 1 glass' moments! Apparently I do not know how to stop once I start - end of story!

That's right Molly - no more wasted life for me

Lav
        AF since 03/26/09
        NF since 05/19/09
        Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Working...
        X