i dont know what to do

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

i dont know what to do

I think I have lost my husband, he doesnt even kiss me goodbye in the morning anymore, he just says I love you quietly. I have not been drinking and I am trying to do better and save my marriage. I think it might be to late.

i dont know what to do

I can't give much advice in the relationship department, but I just wanted you to know I'm thinking of you and wishing the best for you.
    :heart:I love my daughter more than alcohol:heart:

Believe in yourself. You are stronger than you think.

Comment

i dont know what to do

Wow, TBP, that's a deep question. Is it about the drinking, or is there more?
      sigpic
      Never look down on a person unless you are offering them a hand up.
      awprint: RUBY Imagine yourself doing What you love and loving What you do, Being happy From the inside Out, experiencing your Dreams wide awake, Being creative, being Unique, being you - changing things to the way YOU know they can BE - Living the Life you Always imagined.awprint:

Comment

i dont know what to do

I dunno,must be something there if he still tells you that.....

Comment

i dont know what to do

Try to take comfort from the fact he is still telling you he loves you albeit quietly. Maybe he just needs time and if you continue not to drink I'm sure it will get back to where you want it to be. Do you kiss him or do you wait for him to make the first move? Relationships can be hard but you also need to keep focused on your sobriety first. Really hope it works out for you
          Learn from yesterday, live for today, hope for tomorrow. The important thing is not to stop questioning.

Comment

i dont know what to do

TB, you really must be going through a lot of different emotions. I am married, kids, and can relate to how marriages evolve and things change. You are doing the only thing I can suggest, making yourself stronger and feeling better about yourself. I find being af, has made me be able to make clear decisions without anger in my relationship. How to get the spark/passion etc is an age old issue I think, but I am hopefule we can create it (for periods of time) with two willing people. Remember the old saying, men are like elastic bands, and women are like waves. Hopefully his is just on the "out" swing of the band. Hang in there,
            Hill
            Sober since Feb 7, 2010.

Comment

i dont know what to do

tbpeterson5, If that was me, I would continue making my sobriety work and get out there
              and fight for him back. Remember the two of you how you where. Bring some of those old (good) qualities back into the relationship. Wishing you the best!

runningwind
              The greatest discovery of my generation is that a human being can alter his life by altering his attitudes of mind. William James (1842-1910)

Comment

i dont know what to do

you know, i have not been drinking and stuff has been the same with me and him and no nothing else was going on with me. it is just the drinking that had an affect, anyways for some reason he has decided that he wants to be with me, but im not sure that im willing to do that cause during my hardest time he never understood. and i could tell u some stories about him and what he did to me that made me that way.

Comment

i dont know what to do

TB, you have to do what is best to save your sobriety and sanity. I'm going through a lot of emotional things right now, but KNOW AL caused me more pain in the past that almost anything else. Someone else here just had her husband walk out on her, out of the blue, after a long life together. I hope you find the strength to do what your heart tells you is right, and you find peace.
                  sigpic
                  Never look down on a person unless you are offering them a hand up.
                  awprint: RUBY Imagine yourself doing What you love and loving What you do, Being happy From the inside Out, experiencing your Dreams wide awake, Being creative, being Unique, being you - changing things to the way YOU know they can BE - Living the Life you Always imagined.awprint:

Comment

i dont know what to do

my wife and I have 2 young kids, crazy life, standard stuff. we only get a peck on the cheek most times b/c we're too tired or too busy to pay any attention to each other. we still love each other, but we just don't make time. we're basically roommates. from a guys perspective....if he's telling you he loves you, he most likely does.

hope you guys can reconnect.
                    Sobriety Is Wasted On The Sober

Comment

i dont know what to do

keep working on your sobriety,when he see,s you changing for good i am sure he will start to respond,give it some more time,if he tells you that there is still something there

Comment

i dont know what to do

keep concentrating on getting well, i'm sure a long period of sobriety will help you work out what it is you both really need. good luck hun xx:l
                        The mind will intellectualize it, the heart will emotionalize it, yet the gut never lies.

https://www.mywayout.org/community/f9/girly-wirly-s-toolbox-2-45452.html

Comment

Working...
                        X