Say Thank You

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Say Thank You

Recently, we've had some (for lack of better words) some ugliness on some threads here. I have to admit I let myself get drawn in to some, and have had some uncomfortable responses (threads, PM's, e-mails) because of my posts. This site is not about a popularity contest. I understand I'm not 'universally loved'. But things that have gone on made me think about the people who helped me SO much when I first 'accidentally' (as probably most of you!) found MWO. I feel it's time to get back to the real purpose of MWO. Sure, we have a lot of fun with those we have known a long time here, and that is a good thing. But when new people come, sometimes they don't understand where they join in. I'd like to say thank you, first to MWO which gave me this forum, SO much information, helped me become sober, and introduced me to SO many new friends, who I hope will be my lifelong friends. Roberta Jewel has put herself out there, to help others, and has set up a wonderful venue for those suffering from the effects of alcoholism. There are SO many names I remember from my first days here; I can't post them all, but the wonderful Bear comes to mind from the past, and Oney, Cymru, Kriger. Now there's Starting Over, tlrgs, IAD, Cinders, Tips, on and on.Not everyone has been successful, but everyone has been influential in my daily life. This is the tip of the iceberg when it comes to those I've met here. If you're not mentioned, I love you just as much.
    I've been accused of 'feigning' care about everyone here. That's someone's opinon, and I understand that. But I want you all to know, long timers and those who have just found us, coming here everyday keeps me sane, sober, and involved in trying to help anyone else who stumbles across this site. The moderators do a great job keeping things civil here, and I want to thank you. All the others I've mentioned, thank you. I hope every day when I log on, I can help someone, whether we believe the same things politically, religiously, socially, etc. I welcome your views, your politics, etc., but this should be a place about healing, and I apologize for anything I did to hurt that purpose. Today, I hope you will say 'thank you' to someone here who has helped you. We all need some vindication, and though it's not essential to helping here, it's just nice. As for me, those of you who have helped me have save my family, my marriage, and my life. Thank you, even if I've not mentioned your name (that could take a whole thread!) To my friends Rusty and Green Eyes, you help keep me on the true and narrow.
    Say Thank You to someone today. You'll both feel better.

And T, youre the BEST!
    Rubes.
    sigpic
    Never look down on a person unless you are offering them a hand up.
    awprint: RUBY Imagine yourself doing What you love and loving What you do, Being happy From the inside Out, experiencing your Dreams wide awake, Being creative, being Unique, being you - changing things to the way YOU know they can BE - Living the Life you Always imagined.awprint:

Say Thank You

oy! What about me???

Comment

Say Thank You

Limers, you nut! Of course you've been an inspiration!
      sigpic
      awprint: RUBY Imagine yourself doing What you love and loving What you do, Being happy From the inside Out, experiencing your Dreams wide awake, Being creative, being Unique, being you - changing things to the way YOU know they can BE - Living the Life you Always imagined.awprint:

Comment

Say Thank You

thing is Ruby...I inspire all the wrong things!Lmao!

Comment

Say Thank You

No Limey, you don't. You keep coming back, and I love you for that.
          sigpic

Comment

Say Thank You

ah thanks Rubes.

Comment

Say Thank You

and me:l
              It could be worse, I could be filing.
              AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

Say Thank You

and you jc...big hug?

Comment

Say Thank You

You go, Limey!!
                  sigpic

Comment

Say Thank You

Ruby Thank You! I've already read several of your helpful posts.

I have just "reentered" the MWO community after two years away. I had a good stint of AF free under my belt but became too comfortable... so here I go again.

The interesting thing about MWO is that many folks here are perhaps dealing with a HUGE change and MWO becomes a form of release, a form of therapy and an extended family. I remember Betty Boop and Starlight Impress must have posted in their sleep! BUT they became sober!!!!! I am certain that as long as we all have each others best interest in mind we'll all reach our goals!

As for chat, it gives me a headache -- I can't multi-task or type that fast. I stick to the boards! LOL
                    LT formerly known as stillcrawling

Comment

Say Thank You

Great Post Ruby! So many that inspired me in the beginning are no longer here, Starlight Impress, Mags, Livingfree, Wonderworld, Thankful, BELIEVE has visited a bit as of late. A couple of these people I still stay in touch with my email and phone. Determinator is my brother, we weathered many a storm together in our early days. Don-Chief was very inspirational to me when I needed my arse kicked! But newer friendships have formed her for me during the past year, Greenie, Doggygirl and yes, you dear Ruby! Rusty has become like a sister......morning chatbucks is my favorite way to begin my day! There are really so many, names here that so touch me, in many different ways, and at different times, too numerous to mention.

Yes, I do have my own opinions and ideas, I have a lot of experience after all the years spent on the planet and my brief 2 years of sober living. I do not soft peddle the seriousness of alcoholism. It is a destroyer and a killer! But I try hard to keep my opinions about the issues and not the person, as I know that you do. My one and only wish here is that those that truly want to live a sober and sane life can find their way their! And that in some small way, I am able to continue to help anyone who is open to my support.

Best Wishes!
                      xxx Kate
                      A Dream is a Wish Your Heart Makes~Cinderella

AF 12/6/2007

Comment

Say Thank You

well how can i put it but to say .. THANK YOUand you all know who you are love and big big hugs to one and all
                        :beach: life does change as long as you are willing to change yourself ..
                        best thing about the future it comes one day at a time..

Comment

Say Thank You

I want to say thank you too to Ruby - you have said some wonderfully supportive comments for me.. and Jackie Claire - IAD is hilarious and has really cheered me up at times! you are all amazing, keep up the good work!
                          Katie xxx
                          "It works if you work it, because you are worth it!!!"

:groupluv:

Comment

Say Thank You

Thank you all. This is not about me, but I LOVE your support. I hope you find the grace to thank everyone out there who shares with you.
                            sigpic

Comment

Say Thank You

a big thank you to oney, starts and limers who were there for me when i first started to post here and now there are so many i want to say thank you to, ruby and rusty, love you girls, ktab, mario, tigger,opal, jc, deebee, missbehaving, cowgal, zenny, zeppers, greenie, kateH and i can go on and on. thank you all so much for your support, love you all
                              xx draggy
                              life is simple its just not easy

Comment

Working...
                              X