Say Thank You

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Say Thank You

I to have a hard time thanking all the people who have been there for me....Trigs Det Ruby Britt Jada Dragon Mags Blu oh there are so many more to say thanks to my mind draws a blank.....but I am so lucky to start my day in Chatbucks with my sister Kate ..good way to start a day!!!
    :heart:AF since May 31 2008.....Happy and Healthy

Comment

Say Thank You

Ruby, I'm quite new and must have missed the acrimony, but I just want to say I've always found your posts encouraging

Comment

Say Thank You

I need to say a huge thank you to everyone here.
        I cant name names cos Im bound to miss someone but so many people have helped me in my recovery. I am truly truly grateful.
        Great post Rubes x
        Living now and not just existing since 9th July 2008
        Nicotine Free since 6th February 2009

Comment

Say Thank You

hey gramma rubes & pops..
          Boo Hoo...:upset::upset::upset:
          you left us out..:upset:

it's ok, only joking..
          the image we (ollie & me) have of you is a warm loving gramma,
          whos big warm loving arms wrap around us,
          to comfort and rock away the worries..we love ya Rubes..:h:h

(oh and BTW ollie lost another tooth last w/e..really a goofy ollie now).!!!!

Comment

Say Thank You

Ruby dear - thank you for starting this post.:heart: That is my second "thank you" for today. The first was when I woke up sober.
            I don't want to leave anyone out in thanking those who have supported me right from my first days here at MWO and even tho' I've only been here a few months, the older members here showed me how much they cared right from my first posts. I do have to single out some people - they would be the regular posters on the Army Thread. I barged in like a "know-it-all" kid and they took me under their wing. Especial thanks to JackieClaire :h who was the first to send me a PM and showed me such care and support and who somehow knew each time when I was struggling and continued to PM me and be an :lilangel: walking beside me. And to Mario who seconded JC's first PM by welcoming me and encouraging me to keep posting. He has inspired me and others with his own story and with his wise words.
            I can't imagine a day going by without MWO. I know at some point I will have to distance my self a little but for now, it is my life raft. I have made friends here and that is a word that I do not use often. I thank you all. I would not be sober today without you.
            And part of keeping sober is being able to help others who are just starting out or who have returned to MWO to try once again to battle the demon AL. Part of my healing is being able to offer a kind word and maybe some advice to those folk as well. Another part of healing, for me, is being able to bring a little smile or chuckle to your lips everyday. So you'll have to put up with Stirly's pictures and "smilies" for a while yet.
            Again, a huge thank you. You all know who you are even if I haven't written your name.
            And a special thank you to Jan. I think she has shown us what it means to truly turn your life around. Not that others haven't, but Jan is one of the few of us who has overcome so, so much without a partner to support her, to give her a hug when needed...not an easy thing to do. And she has done it with her own special humour which always makes us laugh...:happyheart:

Stirly....
            For every 60 seconds that you are angry, you lose a minute of happiness.
            AF since 10/10/2015:yay:

Comment

Say Thank You

WOW there is so many people to say THANK YOU 2!! it started from 1st october 2007 the day i started, Thanks again everyone and a Big :l 2u All.x
              Formerly known as Teardrop:l
              sober dry since 11th Jan '2010' relapse/slip on 23/7/13 working in progress ! Sober date 25/7/13 ( True learning has often followed an eclipse, a time of darkness, but with each cycle of my recovery, the light grows stronger and my vision is clearer. (AA)
              my desire to avoid hitting bottom again was more powerful then my desire to drink !

Comment

Say Thank You

Catch you took the words out of my mouth !!
                Special thanks to the evening chat group from a few months ago.
                You all held my hand.
                Even though I'm in a hole now I hope oneday to be able to help someone like you did me.
                MUCH LOVE

Bob

Comment

Say Thank You

• Something that has always puzzled me all my life is why, when I am in special need of help, the good deed is usually done by somebody on whom I have no claim. ~ William Feather

Thank you to roberta jewell,and to all who share & give back something that helps others move forward out of the mess that we found ourselves in,and of course a special thanks to everybody in the Army thread,..You know who you are..

:congratulatory: Clean & Sober since 13/01/2009 :congratulatory:

Until one is committed there is always hesitant thoughts.
                  I know enough to know that I don't know enough.

This signature has been typed in front of a live studio audience.

Comment

Say Thank You

hi rubes,odd we have to lern to become human,then we drug or drink,and ,over time ,become,even less human,and then we find sobriety or whatever,and still have problems,funny i thot AA was the only way,till i found here and even more sites,rubes you said it all,[new friendships] ,there is an old saying,take what you desire,and leave the rest behind,thanx for the post,friend gyco

Comment

Say Thank You

Thank you to all of you for being here.

I know we are in this together. Prior to this website, I was lost and I was alone.

MWO gave me the strength to understand that I am not a complete waste of humanity. I am simply an alcoholic.

I wish I could do more to help those coming on board these days. I see lots of "newbies."

Thank you for being here, my friends.

Love,
                      Cindi
                      AF April 9, 2016

Comment

Say Thank You

Ruby....
                        I for one appreciate your honesty and heart felt sentiments. I,like you, am open, blunt and candid. I speak from the heart and have been acused of being "ugly" in the past.
                        I agree with eveything you said, and I want to thank you, KateH1, Rusty, Lavande, and Doggygirl. (But I must confess I ama bit worried about Doggy.....she may be sober, but I think she become a drug dealer!!!!!! Have you seen her new pink Escalade???)
                        Seriously.......thank you folks for your honesty and no nonsense advice about achieving and maintaining sobriety
                        I love my family more than alcohol.:h
                        Live in the Solution....not the problem

Comment

Say Thank You

and thank you for my new friends......Sophie 75 (sis),NoraC,and OverIt2007.....
                          and Mario and IAD always make me smile!!!!

Comment

Say Thank You

mama bear;831072 wrote: Ruby....
                            I for one appreciate your honesty and heart felt sentiments. I,like you, am open, blunt and candid. I speak from the heart and have been acused of being "ugly" in the past.
                            I agree with eveything you said, and I want to thank you, KateH1, Rusty, Lavande, and Doggygirl. (But I must confess I ama bit worried about Doggy.....she may be sober, but I think she become a drug dealer!!!!!! Have you seen her new pink Escalade???)
                            Seriously.......thank you folks for your honesty and no nonsense advice about achieving and maintaining sobriety
                            I'm a bit concerned about her new ride, too! :H
                            sigpic
                            Never look down on a person unless you are offering them a hand up.
                            awprint: RUBY Imagine yourself doing What you love and loving What you do, Being happy From the inside Out, experiencing your Dreams wide awake, Being creative, being Unique, being you - changing things to the way YOU know they can BE - Living the Life you Always imagined.awprint:

Comment

Say Thank You

Rubes....who is the new avatar??

Comment

Say Thank You

Top is Hubs and his mom (lovely, isn't it!) and bottom is Hubs and me in Florida.
                                sigpic
                                Never look down on a person unless you are offering them a hand up.
                                awprint: RUBY Imagine yourself doing What you love and loving What you do, Being happy From the inside Out, experiencing your Dreams wide awake, Being creative, being Unique, being you - changing things to the way YOU know they can BE - Living the Life you Always imagined.awprint:

Comment

Working...
                                X