Al related dreams?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Al related dreams?

last night I had a dream that I was at the bar and that I planned on not drinking but just having a good time. But then I realized that I had a beer in my hand and that I had actually drank 2 or 3 already and I felt so bad because I had agreed to my self to stop drinking, but thats when I woke up and realized what was going on..

is it maybe because I have been thinking about quiting drinking so much in the last couple days that the thoughts are transferring in to my dreams? has anyone else had problems like this?

I also couldn't get back to sleep afterwards because I was to stressed out about everything.

I have always dreamed extremely vividly, and often have to wake up self up to get out of a bad situation in a dream.

Al related dreams?

Hi BChalk,
    Yes, many of us have had these sorts of dreams. I had them fairly frequently throughout my first year or so of sobriety. Same thing, I would dream that I was drinking, even though I did not want to drink. I would begin to wake up and feel the dread of having been drinking and thinking that I was in for a horrible day with a hangover. Then low and behold I would wake up feeling just fine!

The only sense that I could make of these dreams was that I was so focused on staying sober that my brain was literally saturated with these thoughts. I also thought it might have something to do with my brain reprogramming and rebooting from all the years of daily drinking.

Keep going....you are doing great!

xx Kate
    A Dream is a Wish Your Heart Makes~Cinderella

AF 12/6/2007

Comment

Al related dreams?

Hi, Bustedchalk -

These dreams can be extremely unnerving, but are common. Even after being sober awhile, they still come up. Mine are always very real, and I've woken up believing I actually drank! They are so real - usually I even get a buzz. I find the emotions very strong, whether feeling guilty for giving in, or strategizing how to get away with it - including making up lies to cover it up.
      ​​Emancipate yourselves from mental slavery, none but ourselves can free our mind ~ Bob Marley ~ Redemption Song

AUGUST 9, 2009

Comment

Al related dreams?

Hi Bustedchalk,
        These dreams are more common than you think and there will be very few of us here who haven't had at least one.

Mine for some reason involved vodka which oozed out of the bottle like thick oil. I still went ahead and drank every drop, even shaking the bottle to get the last remnants out. I woke up extremely anxious,shaky and tearful. I lay in bed for a good 10 minutes before with a sigh of relief I realised it was .......just a dream. I've had a couple more but none as vivid as that night.

No idea why, perhaps a sharp reminder of how awful alcohol is.

J x
        :l
        It could be worse, I could be filing.
        AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

Al related dreams?

Hi, Busted

Here are links to previous posts about "drunk dreams". The topic pops up regularly.

https://www.mywayout.org/community/f9...t=drunk+dreams

I'll do whatever it takes
          AF 21/08/2009

Comment

Working...
          X