THE NEXT DAY THREAD - APRIL

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yep, The mountains are magic too. Maybe i'll find a place near a mountain as well!

:h Yeehaaw!

'I am part of all that I have met, yet all experience is an arch wherethro', gleams that untravelled world whose margins fade, forever and forever when I move'

Zen soul Warrior. Freedom today-

Comment

Guitarista;837673 wrote: Yep, The mountains are magic too. Maybe i'll find a place near a mountain as well!

:h Yeehaaw!
      It's possible to do both you know .... ha ha !
      If your 8 year old self met you, would they be proud?
      Rejoined life 20/5/19

Comment

Yep, i know! See youse.....

'I am part of all that I have met, yet all experience is an arch wherethro', gleams that untravelled world whose margins fade, forever and forever when I move'

Comment

Morning all....
          Good to see the crazies on the air last night...all is right in the world.
          Have a good one all...keep rocking.

xo

Comment

still hanging on guys, 7 sleeps till due date.
            AF since 10/26/2009

It will be five years sober 10/26/2014

Comment

Good morning Angelios, and all the beautiful people, and yep, that includes you over there in the cheap seat's who's still throwing 'em back, and hasn't washed for 2 week's. I love you too.

A marvellous, marvellous sleep, and a morning that is magnanimous in it's magnificence. The sun is a shinin' and G-boy is a ridin'....yeehaw! Well, a man's work is never done, so first cab off the rank, after another coffee, is the washing. 2 x load's of laundry i reckon, then out on the line via the agency of my NEW recycled plastic clothesline peg's. I'm excited. The clothes line is an old one, but not a Hill's hoist. It's say's 'Toynes' on the side. It work's great, wind's up and down with ease, and built to last. I hope it's not English. (i love you Spam, and Army pommies) Or an American import (i love you too Cindy and Rubes).
              Regardless of my feeble attempts at conciliation, i can see that yet again i am in trouble on the global stage. But, no time for that, there's washing to be done!

A magical day to all!

Comment

G'day Aspy!
                7 day's? Wow! Thank's for the update, and best wishes to you all.

Comment

Ahh, have changed the oil on the bike, lubed her up, and off we go into the day. I've been feckin' about with oil and grease for about 3 hour's. All i wanted to do was change the oil! Warm up machine, drain oil, re-fill. half hour max, but geez, it's fun (and necessary) having a poke around too.

But possibly of more interest to those who are watching their weight, and Bridgos and Fickopolous come to mind, there is an informative article in April's 'Runner's world' magazine, out now. Basically states what i've alway's known, i.e. you've gotta burn more kilojoules than you eat.

That is all.

Comment

You talking to yourself again there G man ???
                    Rejoined life 20/5/19

Comment

Hello folks, always enjoy an old poke around with my bikes to Mr. G, can get lost in there. Weather is getting warmer here, has me thinking of long rides down winding empty mountain roads.
                      Hi Bridge, nowt wrong with talking to ones self, I do it all the time.
                      Ethanol is a toxic chemical, why would I drink it?

Comment

Omigosh,

I rushed home from work at 1:30 in the a.m. to look up Tawny's answer about the straw bales (and I was also hoping to find out what Tim Tam's were..) and no response?

Meanwhile, Mr G was mucking about in his oil and gasoline.

Bridge was looking in her closet?

Asp is still awaiting a new life.

Angelcakes likes everyone because we are mad as hatters. (What the hell does that mean??)

And I now know that ALL of us would love to live in some mountains near an ocean, or on an ocean near a mountain, or a lake in a mountain? (Chile??)

Meanwhile, I have not learned what Tim Tam's are AND I have no idea how you build a house out of a substance that can easily burst into flames. Since Tawny has lived in hers for 15 years, I know it can be done but I am very curious. I love the idea of using something as renewable as a building resource.

Okay.

Had a rough one at work today and just thought I would pop in and see what Tawny said. Now I feel a bit let down but that's okay.... NOT!!!

Please post some info on the straw bale house, Tawny. I have looked on the web and there is too much info, much of it contradictory.

btw. Hi.

Love,
                        Cindi
                        AF April 9, 2016

Comment

For Cindi.....with love and trans fats......
                          Rejoined life 20/5/19

Comment

Evening/morning all,
                            Never fear Cindi, i have an answer to at least one of your question's!
                            A 'Tim tam' is Aussie slang for an ancient celtic stringed instrument, originally thought to be from the isle of Skye, of Scotland. It was very popular in Cretian music in the middle ages, before being brought here from China, by a transient gold miner, in 1852. The gaelic name for this instrument is Tamos. It has 3 string's, and is quite rare, and traditionally features a beautiful mahogany neck, with a 'chocolate' like appearance. This 'chocolate ' like look has led it to be also known as a 'Tim tam', after a famous Australian chocolate biscuit, which is shaped like the neck of a Tamos.
                            Hope this help's.

Comment

And you're undoubtably woofin' a few down now Bridge :H

Comment

KT,
                                Are your bikes running? You must be looking forward to the dryer weather.

Comment

Working...
                                X