THE NEXT DAY THREAD - APRIL

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quick sneak from me while the visitors are still asleep. Only 30 hours to go when I shall again give you my undivided attention and tell all about the straw bale house.

Have a great weekend.

Comment

tawnyfrog;838314 wrote: Quick sneak from me while the visitors are still asleep. Only 30 hours to go when I shall again give you my undivided attention and tell all about the straw bale house.

Have a great weekend.
      Morning all,
      If they're city folk, you're putting said visitor's to work around your property of course Hornos, to give them 'an authentic rural experience'?

Spam, ahh, that's marvellous re your bike riding adventures. I try to keep that spontaneous spirit of youth alive everyday, though not alway's easy when ya workin for the man. But, the future beckon's! As does this glorious day!

Adios companeros!

'I am part of all that I have met, yet all experience is an arch wherethro', gleams that untravelled world whose margins fade, forever and forever when I move'

Zen soul Warrior. Freedom today-

Comment

I'm here and reading but nothing of significance to say!

Hope every one is having a lovely weekend!
        Never give up, for that is just the place and time that the tide will turn

Harriet Beecher Stowe

Comment

Good evening all,
          Glad to check in on you all and find so many hopes & dreams in so many stages of vision, creation, and fulfillment. Hope everyone is well & best of luck Aspy with the newborn.. will be thinking of you and yours in the next few days & sending good vibes!
          Sorry to be such a slackker with checking in.. houseguest makes things tricky but working on moving puter into own room when the $$$ are available to shift my connection.
          I used to have a place sort of in the mountains but by the sea.. pm me if you dare to find out where
          That is all

Comment

Good evening young Fickle, Long time, no chat..

How are you traveling?
            What you perceive is what you believe, so make sure you look at things the right way....

Comment

You might have read I went off Prozac, lost the plot but am now back on track..

Off for a 5 week Bali surfing safari in 2 weeks time
              What you perceive is what you believe, so make sure you look at things the right way....

Comment

Hey Wavey,
                Sorry, I was in the lounge. Am still struggling with slow connection/bandwith whatever.
                Great to see you and good for you! Hope I can be more organised & grab a bit of holiday sometime soon. Very necessary for the good of the soul.
                I'm not sure what exactly happened.. was struggling away there but took a break from a few things to focus on my job. For some reason am much happier. Could just be that the crapola in my body left over from surgery etc took 6 months to clear out.
                Anyhow, glad to see you are going well again too.
                Huggeroos to all

Comment

Hey Fick! Wish I had a lounge (oh wait! what is it??) How doest thou garden grow now?
                  sigpic
                  Never look down on a person unless you are offering them a hand up.
                  awprint: RUBY Imagine yourself doing What you love and loving What you do, Being happy From the inside Out, experiencing your Dreams wide awake, Being creative, being Unique, being you - changing things to the way YOU know they can BE - Living the Life you Always imagined.awprint:

Comment

Wavester,

Glad to hear you're back on track! Will you have a chance to check in whilst you're in Bali?

We shall miss you.

Spam xx

Comment

Spam, I'm not even taking a mobile phone..

5 weeks old school style holiday, postcards only..

I want to be where I am and nowhere else for a while.

Island hopping to exotic locations seems to lose it's appeal when I get a text message on a long boat between Islands,,,

But I will no doubt regale you with surf stories and how I accidently got married to a Balinese girl one night after smoking something,,,

Comment

Let me know if she's got a sister!

Nice to see you Fickos!

And that.................is all.

'I am part of all that I have met, yet all experience is an arch wherethro', gleams that untravelled world whose margins fade, forever and forever when I move'

Zen soul Warrior. Freedom today-

Comment

Hello. I am able to connect to MWO again. I haven't been able to get in. Mucho annoyance. Mystery.

Ficks, glad to hear you are feeling better in yourself. Surgery can take a bit out of you for a while.

G, darling, I am yours. Well, it's not like the real thing, but I could be your 'virtual' girlfriend. You can practice on me for the real thing. But then again, you have all of us girls as yours anyway.

Comment

Dave, are you serious about marrying whilst pissed?

Comment

rubywillow;838541 wrote: Hey Fick! Wish I had a lounge (oh wait! what is it??)
                              Ruby. A lounge is a room. A sitting room? A place where you watch TV. A room with comfortable chairs to lounge around in.

Comment

My news. If not interested, skip this spot.

I have had my husband back in my life after 4 months apart. He was here for 2 weeks and it has only caused me stress. The dogs also. They are still needing lots of love even tho he has now gone back to his outback home.

I had 104 AF days under my belt. I nearly drank at day 103, such was my stress. I remembered HALT and recognised the Anger and got past it. My downfall was visiting a friend who drinks like I used to. She kept talking about wine-o'clock and my brain went back to that. Back to how nice it would be to blot out the crap that I was putting up with.

I fought it, but shit happens. I went to the pub and bought a glass. Then another. I actually wrote down my feelings about how I was feeling while drinking. It was very enlightening analysing how I felt sober to how I felt myself falling under the alcoholic haze. I bought a third glass out of habit. I realised with the first sip that two were enough. On the up side, I put $10 into the pokies and came out with $45 after 20 minutes from a machine that according to the local pokie identities, just takes one's money. I was a minor celebrity.

When I had 80 days AF I wasn't as aware as I am now with over 100 AF days. I have an addictive personality. (more on that later if anyone is interested.) I swapped alcohol for chocolate and I am thankfully still skinny, but I told myself I could not have a drink if I couldn't control my chocolate intake. I have the occasional choccie, but that is under control. Smoking is under control. I had two yesterday - of my friend's. I have the desire, but not the wish for more.

I do not have the desire for alcohol. I have the wish. I do not need alcohol. I want it. And that is the difference to me. I want it for now only. For the rest of my life I want to live sober.

For now, I am allowing myself to unstress. In the worst possible way, perhaps. But maybe not. I have come to recognise what I need emotionally to cope. I am so strong now, that I believe I can come back from drinking after so long sober. Mr G, you have helped me enormously with your honesty. While I was drinking I kept remembering your words, mentioned in a post, "would recovery be possible again".

I will recover, because I have been living a happy life sober. My husband doesn't like me sober it seems. I met him as a drunk, I married him while my brain was still defuddled. I have lived with him the same way. Sober, I don't know if I want to be with him. He is boring. Don't get me wrong, he is a good man, but I don't know if he is for me. But that is for another time.

Enough already, Pan.

Comment

Working...
                                X