THE NEXT DAY THREAD - APRIL

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I am just an imaginary streak of orange...
    I'll do whatever it takes
    AF 21/08/2009

Comment

Boy, G, you are playing to a tough crowd tonight!!

I'm not here, either.
      AF April 9, 2016

Comment

Ghost of Cindi....how are you ?
        Hi Tippy.......Not a Dan Brown fan love ???:H Tell me...how are you feeling after all this time Af...esp physically ??? If I may...
        If your 8 year old self met you, would they be proud?
        Rejoined life 20/5/19

Comment

Guitarista;831973 wrote:
          Spamious, I lived in Bermondsey for 12 mths in the early 90's!
          Was it posh by then? It all changed - Surrey Docks became Surrey Quays. Everything got redeveloped. It used to be a real flea pit.

Comment

Hi BBBJ,

Hanging in there, one step in front of the other. Parenting is so time consuming, isn't it? I much prefer the grandkids. When they irritate me or something serious comes up, off they go...

Yes, How does it feel to be sober so long, Tipster? Inquiring minds want to know...

Cindi
            AF April 9, 2016

Comment

byebyebridgetjones;831993 wrote: Ghost of Cindi....how are you ?
              Hi Tippy.......Not a Dan Brown fan love ???:H Tell me...how are you feeling after all this time Af...esp physically ??? If I may...
              Bridge & Cindi

I can truly say that I've never been better. Especially the past month: I'm off all meds (except my maintenance dose of bac). My psychotherapy has progressed to such a point that I felt I could come off the ADs altogether (they weren't really helping anyway, except for the very 1st one, which my medical aid won't pay for as a chronic med).

Physically, the same applies. Look, let's be realistic: I'm never going to an especially "healthy" specimen, but that's not what I'm after. I feel good, and that's all that matters. My weight has stabilised (I initially dropped very fast after I stopped drinking, then picked up a lot on one of the ADs). I'm actually back to the same size pants I wore when I met Mrs. T

I no longer look like an alcoholic: puffy and red face, sweaty forehead at the least bit of exertion etc... I don't really exercise, but I do get in 5km walk most days of the week and I'm enjoying gardening again. But more importantly, I guess: I don't FEEL like an alcoholic anymore - weak, shaky, no energy... etc etc. ad nauseam. I can (and want to) do things with the cubs and Mrs. T

So yeah, I guess I'm doing great!!!

Thanks for asking :l Its good to actually think about it every now and again and realise how far I've come! I tend to forget...
              AF 21/08/2009

Comment

Welcome, Ron.

This thread is mostly inhabited by Australians, with a few stray interlopers like myself.

Depending on where you are in the world, they might not be online at the same time as you.
                AF 21/08/2009

Comment

Morning Tip, Ron 01os, and all who drop in,

Ron 01os, it's great to see you! :welcome: :new:

Alway's great to see you Cindi, you beautiful, beewdiful woman.......:l
                  Tip, that is just great to hear, that you are reaping the benefit's and feeling good. Me too! As i go on, i'm moving further and further away from those little thought's i sometimes have of one day having a few drinks in good company etc.... what rubbish! Why would i want to have a few? For me, it would be to get 'comfortably numb' again, and i know where that lead's me. It lead's me to a numb life. Numb senses, dull eyes, skin. No, or far less energy or desire to get out with family or friend's. It would mean sitting around drinking, rather than making my music, and getting it out there to the world, cause i'd be saying...'no worries, i'll do it tomorrow', and tomorrow never comes when i'm on the sauce. A gentle man when i'm drinking, but a lazy, selfcentred bugger, who eventually would isolate for long period's, preferring to sit alone drinking, than mix with the human race. Not healthy. Oh yes, i had some great times when drinking, but when i compare the quality of great times i have these day's, af win's hands down overall. This was briefly 'my story', to a degree.

'I am part of all that I have met, yet all experience is an arch wherethro', gleams that untravelled world whose margins fade, forever and forever when I move'

Zen soul Warrior. Freedom today-

Comment

Morning All,
                    I had a very strong, delicious coffee late yesty with a friend, and consequently broken sleep last night. Up til all hours reading. Nemind. Reading is one of my rediscovered pleasures. SO hard to do it when your eyeballs are swimming in your head.
                    Thankyou so much Tippy and Mr G. It's true that repetition is one of the cornerstones of education. Because the more I hear these positive stories of life after alcohol, the more thoroughly it's sinking in, and becoming part of my own mantra.
                    By the way Tippy, I think walking 5 k's a day well and trully qualifies you as a healthy specimen. We don't have to be James frieks to be healthy. Not at all.
                    Well, I have the luxury of putting my head down for a compensatory nap today as tonight is at the pub with the bushy....driving of course.
                    I'm thinking along the lines of indulging for the Easter long weekend(non alcoholicly). Then I think I'm ready for a lifestyle makeover to be crafted over the school holidays.
                    I'm ready for the next frontier I think.
                    I still maintain that the best thing I can DO for my health is the things that I DON'T do at the mo'.
                    But it's time to be more pro active methinks. Life's too short.
                    Rejoined life 20/5/19

Comment

Erm.....why are you all talking to 'Ron'.....
                      Is he another one of your imaginary friends boys ?
                      Rejoined life 20/5/19

Comment

Yeah - seems poor old Ron has been zapped. He can go and flog his roller blinds somewhere else. Tee hee.

Comment

Oh..... a spammer......
                          Rejoined life 20/5/19

Comment

Arvo all,

Don't know how you mums do it - I'm hosting young Tigger at the mo and I'm absobloodylutely zorsted. The kid never stops yarping ...

Don't forget to wind your clocks back an hour tonight ... wooppeeee!

Comment

Tawny,

Being a mommy was the most exhausting "job" I ever had.

24/7...

Real 24/7.

Like when you get awakened in the middle of the night with the high fevers and throw ups, or during the day when someone's best friend decides they don't like them anymore, or when the teacher calls and asks for a "meeting."

It is all over the map.

But at the end of the day, those bright eyes looking at you and just "knowing" you have the answers, until somewhere around 12/13, is amazing.

After that, I believe we should put them in a cask and feed them through the bung hole.

At 18, we should close the bung hole up.

(Sorry, quoting some stuff from many years ago.)

I have 6 "cognizant" grandchildren and one who is cognizant but unable to communicate yet.

I would not exchange that very tiring, very worriesome, very difficult job for anything.

I have two beautiful children. Both are adults and good parents.

No. I did not raise a president, an Einstein, or a James Dickie. I raised my kids. I love them, they love me, and we all love their kids.

But we are tired. :H:H

Love,
                              Cindi
                              AF April 9, 2016

Comment

Arvo all,
                                Hornos, you're hosting Tigger? Wow wee!!
                                Was Ron in the roller blind caper? Feck! I was in the market for some too.

Spamious, Bermondsey was pretty much untouched by development when i was there. There seemed to be a focus on the dockland's re-development back then, which i worked on, but some swanky aprtment's/conversions where starting to take off along the river near there too. I stayed in a well established squat on Arnold estate, near Druid st. if you know it? Some of the local's couldn't believe an Aussie was in their midst one night in a pub, and were convinced i was putting on the (strayan) accent!

Is anyone there?.......Ron 01?.....anybody?

'I am part of all that I have met, yet all experience is an arch wherethro', gleams that untravelled world whose margins fade, forever and forever when I move'

Zen soul Warrior. Freedom today-

Comment

Working...
                                X