X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

THE NEXT DAY THREAD - APRIL

Okey Dokey

Glad you're on top/behind/in front Missy B
    If your 8 year old self met you, would they be proud?
    Rejoined life 20/5/19

Comment

So do dogs and we don't kill them

Comment

Miss Behaving;840445 wrote: helll no! They eat our native birds for breakfast and steadily snack on native trees for the rest of the day .....
        The can be little buggers. They get into all m compost bins and cause havock. Still ....all recycling....
        Rejoined life 20/5/19

Comment

Tawns, did you get my important PM? First chance I've had to ask.

Comment

I spose it's different in Qld. They are just cute and don't need the warmth of rooves.

Comment

Miss Behaving;840445 wrote: They eat our native birds for breakfast
              Ours are strictly vegetarian. Vegan almost. They do, however, appreciate a soy latte.

Comment

tawnyfrog;840452 wrote: Ours are strictly vegetarian. Vegan almost. They do, however, appreciate a soy latte.
                I often catch mine meditating and in yogic postures.....
                Rejoined life 20/5/19

Comment

Tawny ... yes you did ask the question and I took the second amendment!

Family stuff meant that I was in Auckland most weekends for most of summer and our harbour swims are on Sunday mornings. So I have been solely swimming in the pool. However, the swim squad goes right through winter and for the last 2 weeks I have been waking up on Sunday morning and thinking about going down but chickening out!

However, it is my birthday on Friday, I am trying to talk myself into having "courage to overcome the ravages of age" as my theme for the next year ... (insert over-used emoticon).
                  Never give up, for that is just the place and time that the tide will turn

Harriet Beecher Stowe

Comment

Caught mine reading Dostoyevski and listening to Leonard Cohen for dog' sake.

Comment

Miss! Happy Birthday!

Comment

tawnyfrog;840456 wrote: Caught mine reading Dostoyevski and listening to Leonard Cohen for dog' sake.
                        Mine are very proactive. They march around the entrance to the local corner shop with PETA signs. Eco warriors too....torn greenpeace T-shirts all of 'em....
                        Rejoined life 20/5/19

Comment

It's my birthday on Sunday. Tawny, are you going to answer me by then?

I need to fix this with you, Tawns, because I was told you were instrumental in me being banned.

Comment

Sorry for going public, but I keep asking with no answer.

Comment

tawnyfrog;840452 wrote: Ours are strictly vegetarian. Vegan almost. They do, however, appreciate a soy latte.
                              That is interesting - maybe I'm wrong about the birds. But they are a major and serious pest here with lots of possum eradication programmes for conservation reasons. I think they are endangered in Australia right??

Just another one of the rich tapestry of differences between countries on either side of the Tasman!!
                              Never give up, for that is just the place and time that the tide will turn

Harriet Beecher Stowe

Comment

That is so weird. I got Dostoyevski out of the library this week.:H
                                Rejoined life 20/5/19

Comment

Working...
                                X