THE NEXT DAY THREAD - APRIL

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

asi have set the example (small truimps add up ) and my aunty(50 ish)is about to try campral and counseling....think i should recomed this place to her?
    it might spoil it for me, she is a msn/facebook kind a gal so she would like it, but id feel like...well im not sure, but i think it might mess up the feel for me.
    Thoughts? any one invited a RL friend/rello to this place?
    AF since 10/26/2009

It will be five years sober 10/26/2014

Comment

hehe, shes not even late yet, i think shes planning a grand entrance. six days over and she can steal her big bro's birthday thunder.
      AF since 10/26/2009

Comment

That baby sounds like a girl after my own heart.
        You know what Asp. I have thought about inviting people I know to get help here. I have let them know that there are forums out there, but this is my safe place, and I'm not sharing..... I would have to be vigilant about what I post from then on, and that's not fair.
        Just my two bobs.
        If your 8 year old self met you, would they be proud?
        Rejoined life 20/5/19

Comment

yer, ive told her about it in the past, if she dosent ask, i wont tell.
          i have ZERO secrets from my family re AL but still...
          thanx bridge.
          AF since 10/26/2009

Comment

Good Morning NDT Bunnies,

How are you all this fine day? I've been to the gym, survived and the endorphins are a-flowing.

Must go and check on the new business plans in the Newbies Nest....back later.

Spam

Comment

ok, i decided to re read the tool box as i havent for a long while...

i found this "Try to avoid things like homicide and robbery as tools to keep you sober,"
              treys strange me thinks....wtf?
              doh! so thats what ive been doing wrong!hehehe....
              AF since 10/26/2009

Comment

Aspy, if your new bub gets born on my birthday I'm going to appoint myself her virtual fairy god-mother!

I was planning on another late nights working today, but at 3:30 we had a massive electricity outage that cut power to most of Wellington. I was in a coffee place and I noticed the expresso machine noise having stopped before I realised that the lights had gone off :H:H No computers, no internet access, no cordless phones. Everything in the inner city shut down and we all went home early!!!!! (we are lucky that we live within walking distance ........ public transport was chaotic as both trolley buses and trains are electric, and no traffic lights working). What was really interesting was a total absence of background noise, which I think is a background electrical "hum" that we just live with on a day-to-day basis without even noticing!.

Mr B and I sat in the sun and read our books and listened to birds (no computers, no DVDs, no radio). It was very peaceful, and I was almost regretful when it came back on again!

The funny thing was that Mr B was a bit grumpy and I couldn't work out why ..... until he confessed that he had a treat planned for me in the morning, but he couldn't get stuff for it for as all the shops shut down immediately (no EFTPOS machines and electronic security systems!!) The context for this is that I am organised and plan ahead while he is a "do it at the last minute" person. Bless him!!

anyway, we are now re-connected to the rest of the developed world .....! But having chilled out completely during the hour that we had no power, I'm going to continue enjoying it for the rest of the evening!
                Never give up, for that is just the place and time that the tide will turn

Harriet Beecher Stowe

Comment

Afternoon Punters,
                  New keyboard purchased. So no excuse for any typos from now on.
                  I sometimes think homicide would be the perfect solution Aspy :H

Who's drawing up business plans Spam ?
                  This I gotta see....
                  A big tick in my 'nice lady' box for tolerating my energy sucking friend. Does that make me a good person or just a bit of a dingo ?
                  Rejoined life 20/5/19

Comment

Whatever it takes, Aspy ... whatever it takes. LOL Bet we'll have some news from you soon.

Another great day here, really warm great outdoorsy day.

Bridge - will you be going newspaper, lucerne, manure, pea straw with compost pockets? Worked a treat for me.

Spam - topa treating you more kindly now?

Missy - I've been
                    Gliddy gloop gloopy
                    Nibby nobby nooby
                    La la la lo lo , all day. Not sure that's a good thing.

Mr.G - is it true that groupies are really called Band Aids?

Oh Kay... another half hour outside and then I think I'll call it stumps.

Holy heck - in the time it took me to type this brilliant post, Missy an Bridge snuck in ....

Comment

byebyebridgetjones;840942 wrote:
                      A big tick in my 'nice lady' box for tolerating my energy sucking friend. Does that make me a good person or just a bit of a dingo ?
                      definitely the former Bridge!

Harriet Beecher Stowe

Comment

Miss Behaving;840941 wrote: Aspy, if your new bub gets born on my birthday I'm going to appoint myself her virtual fairy god-mother!

I was planning on another late nights working today, but at 3:30 we had a massive electricity outage that cut power to most of Wellington. I was in a coffee place and I noticed the expresso machine noise having stopped before I realised that the lights had gone off :H:H No computers, no internet access, no cordless phones. Everything in the inner city shut down and we all went home early!!!!! (we are lucky that we live within walking distance ........ public transport was chaotic as both trolley buses and trains are electric, and no traffic lights working). What was really interesting was a total absence of background noise, which I think is a background electrical "hum" that we just live with on a day-to-day basis without even noticing!.

Mr B and I sat in the sun and read our books and listened to birds (no computers, no DVDs, no radio). It was very peaceful, and I was almost regretful when it came back on again!

The funny thing was that Mr B was a bit grumpy and I couldn't work out why ..... until he confessed that he had a treat planned for me in the morning, but he couldn't get stuff for it for as all the shops shut down immediately (no EFTPOS machines and electronic security systems!!) The context for this is that I am organised and plan ahead while he is a "do it at the last minute" person. Bless him!!

anyway, we are now re-connected to the rest of the developed world .....! But having chilled out completely during the hour that we had no power, I'm going to continue enjoying it for the rest of the evening!
                        Sounds perfect to me. Well....until I wanted to get on MWO or a coffee......
                        Rejoined life 20/5/19

Comment

tawnyfrog;840944 wrote:

Missy - I've been
                          Gliddy gloop gloopy
                          Nibby nobby nooby
                          La la la lo lo , all day. Not sure that's a good thing.

yes it is! It is impossible to have that going around in your head and not have a smile on your dial!

Toast and chicken liver pate and the last of the tomatoes for tea ttonight ..... yum!

Harriet Beecher Stowe

Comment

Yep. Nuther 1/2 hour for me then it's all over red rover....be back soon.
                            Rejoined life 20/5/19

Comment

mmmmmmmmmmmm,chicken liver pate,aaaaaaarrrrrrrrrrrrgggggggggg(homer simpsonesk)drawl...
                              a mates brother is a world class chief,he makes it and a he gives it to famliy as gifts.... i was there when it arived and was pushed into trying it, OMG!
                              i had been squemihs before but love it now.
                              AF since 10/26/2009

Comment

Reggie - you back yet? Any chance you can get Otto to organise a shower tomorrow night? I think we're a tad overdue.

Comment

Working...
                                X