THE NEXT DAY THREAD - APRIL

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Orright then. I've got six cats. I shall rub the contents of a can of sardines all over myself and let them sort it out.

Gotta say - this shower night sucked.

Comment

I have only two cats and a dog, Tawny.

I do not think I would rub the contents of a can or sardines all over myself.

1. It would mess up the sheets on the bed.

2. The cats' tongues are very rough.

3. The dog would fight the cats over me.

4. It stinks.

I would eat a can of sardines in a heartbeat, though.

Love,
      Cindi
      AF April 9, 2016

Comment

Hiya Cindi, how's it going ?
        If your 8 year old self met you, would they be proud?
        Rejoined life 20/5/19

Comment

I am HOME for the first time in two weeks.

I get to stay home for four ENTIRE days before I go off again for another 2+ weeks.

So, today, life is good.

It will not be good on Tuesday, when I travel back to the client and again go into the 15+ hours a day.

However, I will take these few short days and make them sweet.

Love,
          Cindi
          AF April 9, 2016

Comment

That's not a gentle lifestyle really Cindi is it ??
            S'pose we've got to earn a crust though.....
            Rejoined life 20/5/19

Comment

Well. I'm going to take my weary bod and put mself to bed.

Hope the gig is a ripper mr G, and that the marikas are buxom....
              Rejoined life 20/5/19

Comment

... and hairy.

Cindi - that is such a horrendous work schedule. I honestly don't know how you do it. The loneliness of the hotel room ... aaargh.

Night all.

Comment

G'nite Jim Bob

Comment

Pan_;841648 wrote: I found Facebook not long ago. Something I thought I would never get into. But I was amazed at what you could do and the people you could find. Unfortunately, you also have to be prepared to find out how someone has fallen ill or died in your absence of contact. It can be absolutely heartbreaking to know that you weren't there. I don't know what's better. To have lost contact, or know the worst. I think it's better to leave the past where it is.
                    Nobody even asked... on TND while I was here after posting this.

Comment

So, I guess I know where I stand, in my life. Nobody gives a fuck. Fine. I know where I stand for myself. I would have hoped my friends were there for me on TND. Some were, but too involved in all the game play. I was left feeling dejected. TND was not meant for all the crap that now goes on. I will be there for others, when I get ME back. I created The Next Day to HELP people in their everyday lives. It's stupid that it has now made me feel unloved and more. It's now the Thread that destroys my life.

Comment

Pan,

I am sorry you are having such a rough time right now.

Remember, no one or a thread can destroy your life. One of the few really good things I have learned from the oft hated and maligned AA. All we can do is look within ourselves.

We must not let our perception of what others do or don't do affect what we do.

Just do the next right thing.

I hate to throw out AA homilies because I know so many hate AA, but they do have some great advice buried within the bundle of things others do not appreciate.

I care, Pan. I just didn't know how to respond about Facebook.

Sometimes, we just have to live life on life's terms. It really sucks sometimes.

I know that very well.

Love,
                        Cindi

An antipodean who is awake about now....
                        AF April 9, 2016

Comment

So what have we learned? Erm... Mr G likes the hairy and the Frog has slathered herself in small oily fish.
                          oh and Bridget has a leach 'issue'.
                          Typical.
                          Carry on.
                          -Sheep

PS- hear hear Cindi on the above. Take care Pan.

Comment

tawnyfrog;841716 wrote: MrG - I got my Aprap magazine today. You weren't in it. Why?
                            What is the Aprap magazine?

Just askin'

Love,
                            Cindi
                            AF April 9, 2016

Comment

Good gig tonight, A few Marika's around, but no shower with Gious. But no worries, we play there again in May.

Hiya Cindi,
                              'Aprap' is a music industry quarterly(?) mag/news/info for songwriter's. The sister organisation in the States is called A.M.C.O.S. i think. There might be a couple of them. If you are a songwriter, and your music is performed or played publicly, and you have registered your song's, and become a member of these org's, you are entitled to earn a small fee each time your song is aired in public.

Pan my friend, don't be sad, or pissed off. People do give a stuff about you, and each other. Try not to be too impatient with slow response times, or no response on here. It happen's to me at times too, and i know it's nothing personal, and is just people being caught up in their own stuff too.
                              You are a part of this thread, whether you started it or not, and we are all grateful for you having the idea, and Angel helping getting it up and running. With thing's like conflict, i don't even go there and risk upsetting myself, so i will avoid it, and it's water off a duck's back, as my emotional well being is crucial to my sobriety, and far more important than arguing a point or two. I hope you can relax, and be patient with the thread here, and stay a part of it. You are going through a rough patch, and so too are many other's, so i know for me, i can't, and don't expect too much from other folk's. But you are important too, and your issues are just as valid as mine, or anyone else's, so make sure you take care of you, and i look forward to seeing you posting over the weekend.

Sweet dream's all.....

'I am part of all that I have met, yet all experience is an arch wherethro', gleams that untravelled world whose margins fade, forever and forever when I move'

Zen soul Warrior. Freedom today-

Comment

Must'ave been a GOOD night, if you're still here. You give so much support to othes. Thank you for mine.
                                sigpic
                                Never look down on a person unless you are offering them a hand up.
                                awprint: RUBY Imagine yourself doing What you love and loving What you do, Being happy From the inside Out, experiencing your Dreams wide awake, Being creative, being Unique, being you - changing things to the way YOU know they can BE - Living the Life you Always imagined.awprint:

Comment

Working...
                                X