Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Army Thread 2nd April

Bright and freezing here,KT.
    Stay and talk here and light a fire and watch daytime TV and eat chocolate . I wonder if it's another re-run of the Sound of bleepity beep Music
    It could be worse, I could be filing.
    AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

Army Thread 2nd April

I am well versed in talking to myself Curly Joe. Visualize the old drunk guy stumbling down the street mumbling into his beer can and the world at general. Rab C Nessbit, if you will
      Ethanol is a toxic chemical, why would I drink it?

Comment

Army Thread 2nd April

JackieClaire;831946 wrote: Bright and freezing here,KT.
        Stay and talk here and light a fire and watch daytime TV and eat chocolate . I wonder if it's another re-run of the Sound of bleepity beep Music
        I have till tuesday morning to deliver that job to the client so you could be right. At least there is no booze in the house and no way of purchasing any today, not that I would of course.
        Just checked and there was an ad for an upcoming program about these women in the states who dress up their tiny children like adult women for so called beauty pagents. It disturbs me I have to say.

Comment

Army Thread 2nd April

Beware it's spreading over here, the beauty pageant stuff. There's a woman in Scotland paying 1000s for her daughter's fake tan, hair salon,manicures etc etc. She's about 9.
          AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

Army Thread 2nd April

KTAB;831947 wrote: I am well versed in talking to myself Curly Joe. Visualize the old drunk guy stumbling down the street mumbling into his beer can and the world at general. Rab C Nessbit, if you will
            K- I talk to myself while walking my dog up our little road and all I've had is a glass of milk. There's no one about but us and he doesn't talk much!! (Of course, if we suddenly happen on someone I just act like I'm talking to the pooch - and he never gives me away...:H:H)
            For every 60 seconds that you are angry, you lose a minute of happiness.
            AF since 10/10/2015:yay:

Comment

Army Thread 2nd April

JackieClaire;831949 wrote: Beware it's spreading over here, the beauty pageant stuff. There's a woman in Scotland paying 1000s for her daughter's fake tan, hair salon,manicures etc etc. She's about 9.
              Well, on a more serious note - and Stirly can be dead serious when she wants to - this is something that has disturbed me for a very long time. I think the parents are sick to make their little girls dress like grown up women with makeup, poufy, curly hair and all the stuff that goes with it. BESIDES THAT... there is the fact that they are putting very young girls to compete based on WHAT THEY LOOK LIKE. Now if that isn't setting your kid up for psychological problems, I don't know what is.... Sick, just plain sick...
              P.S. sorry about the capitals... I get really upset by this kind of thing...

Comment

Army Thread 2nd April

JC at fear of upsetting people I have to say there is just something about that that I find quite disturbing, it is like their childhoods are being stolen in some way.

Curly I speak fluent dog, think most dog owners do.

Comment

Army Thread 2nd April

JackieClaire;831946 wrote: I wonder if it's another re-run of the Sound of bleepity beep Music
                  Jackie - we get treated to re-runs - for the 103rd time - of such epics as "Ben Hur" and "The Ten Commandments" and "Julius Caesar". Mr. Stirly thinks it's great... Stirly thinks it's :yuk:

Comment

Army Thread 2nd April

KTAB;831952 wrote: Curly I speak fluent dog, think most dog owners do.
                    K, my dog only knows three words - "Bark", "Bark-Bark" and "Yelp"(that's when the kitten is playing with his tail and gets all the way up to his "privates") Little brat won't leave him alone..

Comment

Army Thread 2nd April

It's plain sick.
                      Children should play in mud,fall of bikes,eat crap on Christmas morning. It's their job. Our job is to pick them up, stick a plaster,kiss it better. Not dress them up as 'Beauty Queens' prancing round in grown up sh**.
                      AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

Army Thread 2nd April

Here you go ladies

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g8AvEczTqe4[/video]]YouTube - Easter Parade

Tell anyone and I will deny strenuously ever posting a link to Judy Garland :H:H

Comment

Army Thread 2nd April

JackieClaire;831955 wrote: It's plain sick.
                          Children should play in mud,fall of bikes,eat crap on Christmas morning. It's their job. Our job is to pick them up, stick a plaster,kiss it better. Not dress them up as 'Beauty Queens' prancing round in grown up sh**.

You got it 1000% right... And who cares when you're 8 whether you look like a little "Marilyn" or not. The most important thing is that you have fun doing what your doing...

Comment

Army Thread 2nd April

stirly-girly;831954 wrote: K, my dog only knows three words - "Bark", "Bark-Bark" and "Yelp"(that's when the kitten is playing with his tail and gets all the way up to his "privates") Little brat won't leave him alone..
                            This is a brief two minute part of a fascinating BBC documentary about dogs and their relationship with humans. Give it a look.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=87wLscGT68k[/video]]YouTube - Dog Communication with Humans - Horizon: The Secret Life of the Dog - BBC Two

Comment

Army Thread 2nd April

KTAB;831956 wrote: Here you go ladies
                              Tell anyone and I will deny strenuously ever posting a link to Judy Garland :H:H
                              Amazingly talented... life cut short due to addiction...
                              Wiki says...

Despite her professional triumphs, Garland battled personal problems throughout her life. Insecure about her appearance, her feelings were compounded by film executives who told her she was unattractive and overweight.

Goes on to say about her battle with prescription drug addiction and finally the overdose that killed her....

Comment

Army Thread 2nd April

We've noticed that Black Bess will respond to a real dog barking on TV., but if it's a human being imitating a dog she completely ignores it.
                                And she goes crackers, if her arch enemy from up the road Harry passes by.
                                AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

Working...
                                X