Preganacy 1st month (again)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This is for EVERYONE male and female. Ladies, when you were expecting for the first time how did you feel?? And men, when your lady was expecting how did you feel for the first time?? List as many things as you can, this will help me out a whole lot. It's been 10 years since I've done this and I just want everyone to think of the happiest thought they could ever dream, a new life.. I'll be posting every trimester!! This is #1!!

:wings:Love, Peace, and Happiness!

Savannah, I got pregnant on my honeymoon! It was the 70's, we had NO money, and were certainly not planning a baby that soon. Of COURSE it was wonderful, but I had no experience, my Momma was too old-fashioned to talk to me, so I had to learn it all, with Hubs. I was blessed by not having morning sickness, and gained a LOT of weight (which I lost and more just before I became preggers with daughter!) I was SO naive, and couldn't afford many maternity clothes. My Daddy was my biggest support, and he too didn't know what to say to me really. The only thing I could tell you is READ, talk to your doc (I hope you've got a great one), exercise as prescribed, and take care of yourself. Rest as much as you need, since you won't get much after the baby comes, and by all means, stay away from AL. If you need vindication, google Fetal Alcohol Syndrome. I've known children who suffer from it, and it's a curse to mothers who couldn't abstain. Take the vitamins the doc suggests, and try to stay calm and happy; it affects your baby as everything else you do does. We're with you, and a bit jealous here! I LUUUUURRRVVE having newborns around!
    Ruby
    sigpic
    Never look down on a person unless you are offering them a hand up.
    awprint: RUBY Imagine yourself doing What you love and loving What you do, Being happy From the inside Out, experiencing your Dreams wide awake, Being creative, being Unique, being you - changing things to the way YOU know they can BE - Living the Life you Always imagined.awprint:

Comment

BTW, since daughter is a midwife, if you have specific questions, I might get advice from her.
      sigpic
      awprint: RUBY Imagine yourself doing What you love and loving What you do, Being happy From the inside Out, experiencing your Dreams wide awake, Being creative, being Unique, being you - changing things to the way YOU know they can BE - Living the Life you Always imagined.awprint:

Comment

S......It was the best day of my life !! I can't even express the joy I had ! My wife came to me While I was working 4-12 shift at the Boiler Plant to tell me ! It was so beautiful........IAD
        ?Be who you are and say what you feel because
        those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.?
        Dr. Seuss

Comment

That is the most important thing you've taught me Ruby is that preganacy and AL don't mix. !! Thank you IAD for your post also, a big inspiration, from a mans point of view..

Comment

It was the most amazing thing I can ever remember. The abosolute happiest time of my life. To feel the life inside me growing....its true, I glowed.

Cherish erery moment...it goes by so fast
            :flower: I'm not as good as I'm gonna get, but I'm better than I used to be.

Comment

Yes, AK, til the very end when I literally WADDLED back and forth to the bathroom. :H Hubs and I were going thru more stress when 2nd was born, 3YRS, 3 DAYS after son. She reacted to everything; noise, food, stress in utero. Wonderful thing was she came out great, I only gained 25 LBS, and has been another great joy in my life. We can't do things perfectly, but we do the best we can, and women have done this since the beginning of time, so we're pretty good at it, right? Men try sometimes, but just understand what it takes. Love 'em anyway.
              sigpic

Comment

Oh congratulations!
                I loved being pregnant, felt so precious and special, loved my clever body for being able to do this. Al simply did not feature at this time, except maybe as a memory from time to time.
                Got fat, didn't care.
                Please enjoy this time, and congratulations again.
                Pip
                x
                Pipsqueak

Comment

Congratulations Savannah. I have found being pregnant the greatest deterrant for alcohol ever. Thankfully I had a couple of weeks AF under my belt, after a slip, when I got pregnant and its been plain sailing since. AL doesn't enter the equation when you know the prize your aiming for. And its like riding a bike everything comes back to you as soon as your handed your baby. My eldest is 18, next one will be 8 on June 20th and baby no. 3 due on June 7th and as Ruby says I'm at the waddling to and from the bathroom all day and night.

Comment

Ate way too much but it was the only thing that kept the nausea at bay-- don't think I slept at all the last trimester!

Comment

Savannah;832208 wrote: List as many things as you can, this will help me out a whole lot. It's been 10 years since I've done this and I just want everyone to think of the happiest thought they could ever dream, a new life..
                      Savannah dear, I posted my congrats to you earlier. Again, I wish all the best to you and your wee one.
                      Please remember - it is our responsibility as mothers to make sure our baby has the healthiest start in life that it possibly can. That means from the beginning of pregnancy. Please take the best care of yourself and your baby that you can from now on.
                      Giving birth is one of the most important and fulfilling things a woman will do in her life. There is nothing that compares to holding your newborn baby in your arms. Do what you must to be healthy and enjoy this joyous event in your life.... Stirly:h

P.S. After you get through these next months without AL, you will see that it really has no place in your life. Your little angel will take up so much space in your heart and mind that AL will just be something from the past....

P.P.S. Mr. Stirly was with me in the delivery room for the birth of our first son. He came so close to passing out that they were paying more attention to him than me at one point. Then, minutes after the baby was born, he held him up to get a good look at him - proud new Dad that he was - and new baby promptly peed all over new Daddy...
                      For every 60 seconds that you are angry, you lose a minute of happiness.
                      AF since 10/10/2015:yay:

Comment

S...I have 3 know.........each birth was special ...the first because it was the first and it was a boy (Men are shallow that way ! ha!) The next because it was a girl.....my baby ! Ha! The third another boy....he's my buddy....IAD
                        ?Be who you are and say what you feel because
                        those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.?
                        Dr. Seuss

Comment

I've been so blessed to be in the room when most of my grands were born. Did a video of daughter's first (discreet), she said it was like something on a TV program. Hubs also gets rubber legs, so he paces while it's going on. Wonderful that all mine were born quickly. Daughter's last before I could get her daughter from school and back. You know how they say docs make the worst patients? Well, midwives/NPs are a close second!Had to threaten her to make her go to the hospital. She said she'd be so embarrassed to go for a false alarm; I told her she'd be MORE embarrassed if I had to deliver him at home. :H
                          sigpic

Comment

You all are super supportive, thank you!! I have been happy from the start! Bringing a new life in this world is so exciting..

Comment

I'm so sorry guys, I spelled pregnancy wrong!! I was tired and excited at the same time.. (Just a F.Y.I.)

Comment

Working...
                              X