alcoholic blackouts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

alcoholic blackouts

Black outs and pass outs are the norm for me, I come to expect them. I hate myself for it but I cant stop, it sucks. If I can remember MOST stuff from the night before it is deemed to be a very tame night. How %$#@ sad is that.

Comment

alcoholic blackouts

Blackouts became an almost everyday (night) experience for me. I have ruined more friendships than I can count by texting, emailing, dialing drunk...most of which I have no recollection of, and will never remember. Alcohol strips us of everything that is good in our lives. The blackouts are what finally, finally made me go to to extremes (Antabuse) to get this under control. I don't want to wake up anymore scrambling to see who I called, texted, emailed, or had full-on conversations with while I was in a blackout. The shame and embarrassment of the "morning after" is something I never want to feel again. But yes, I did it for many, many years before quitting. I've embarrassed myself in front of family, friends and co-workers. Showing up at work the day after you've been drunk-texting your boss is especially horrific....NEVER want to do that again! It's such a relief to wake up now knowing what I did the night before!
      :heart:I love my daughter more than alcohol:heart:

Believe in yourself. You are stronger than you think.

Comment

alcoholic blackouts

mario;833012 wrote: yes indeed doggygirl,thats why its so great to be here,we can all relate,we all know what its really like and yes together we can kick it :goodjob:
        Yes Mario and DG
        How true is that, the shame keeps us completely islolated. The midnight calls and text messages are just too awful. God, if i had a pound for everytime I have texted some one drunk and died the next day, looking at the spelling and the rubbish I had written. Isnt it just the pits returning to a place where you just know you have made a complete arse of yourself and you catch some one giving you the look!
        God, I dont want to be there again, would rather stay in doors drunk than go out and humiliate myself like that. In fact rather just not ever drink again!!!! Someone remind me of the up side of alcohol again???

Comment

alcoholic blackouts

Upside of AL?? Hmmmm..... I'll have to get back to you on that. In another century or so when I can think of something....

I am SO GLAD to be free of AL. The way I am today, there is absolutely nothing that could happen today that would make me want to drink today. I have no clue what tomorrow will be like, but today there will be no drinking, drunk dialing, incoherent blubbering, or anything like that from me.

DG
          Sobriety Date = 5/22/08
          Nicotine Free Date = 2/27/07

One day at a time.

Comment

alcoholic blackouts

Nothing seems to birth self hatred or disgust like "not remembering" an evening.

Comment

alcoholic blackouts

I blacked out heaps..
              I used to do this on a regular basis in particular when doing my nurse training (ironic huh?) - waking up in random houses, not remembering what I had done the night before, getting flash-backs - one time I remembered I had been dancing on a stage the night before with my tights hideously laddered! Jeez.. the state I must have been, but I thought I was on top of the world at the time.. looking back I cannot believe how much I drank.. up to 20-30 spirits in one night out.. crazy stuff.. wouldn't ever want to go back there..
              Katie
              "It works if you work it, because you are worth it!!!"

:groupluv:

Comment

alcoholic blackouts

A lot of my blackouts ended up in having people (men) knock on my door a few days later like I knew who they were. Of course I SHOULD have known who they were, but for the life of me I didn't. I just thank God that I never ended up with an unexpected pregnancy or an STD...when I think of all the things I did drunk/in a blackout....Wow...I just know I'm never going back there again!
                :blush:
                :heart:I love my daughter more than alcohol:heart:

Believe in yourself. You are stronger than you think.

Comment

Working...
                X