2 Months into living

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

2 Months into living

OK I made 2 months. 2 Months with no alcohol. To refresh those that missed my thread I was at a bad point after an on-off 6 week binge that ended up with me going into hospital to be put on a drip and valium.

Anyway, its not been easy, but its also not that hard, I really do think that I have the choice this time ? carry on drinking and die or stop and live. I want to live. At the end of that last binge my kidneys and liver were aching badly, I couldn?t sleep, I looked terrible and there is no doubt I was losing my sanity.

I would say that of the 9 weeks I have been without a drink its taken me about 6 to feel normal. Yes I gradually felt better the moment I stopped drinking, but weeks and weeks into sobriety I still had sweats and felt weak and shaky, albeit less and less. I think I?ve been pretty much normal for the last 3 but am trying to eat well and take vitamins and exercise and it?s an ongoing battle.

I sleep much better now and keep food in my stomach for more than an hour, I argue much less as I?m not drunk all the time, I feel 100 times better and stronger but I do miss drinking, even come the end - it was the euphoria it gave me for 10 minutes. I miss that. I don?t miss the despair that it gave me for 10,000 terrible minutes for each of the good 10. I AM going to keep sober.

Thank you all for helping me, I may not post all the time, but I read and think of you all.

:h

2 Months into living

Amashed, that's amazing progress!! I'm sure there were times you wanted to give up, but now, with some 'Normal' living under your belt, you can see that 10 minutes of happiness AL gave you isn't worth your life! Congratulations!!
    sigpic
    Never look down on a person unless you are offering them a hand up.
    awprint: RUBY Imagine yourself doing What you love and loving What you do, Being happy From the inside Out, experiencing your Dreams wide awake, Being creative, being Unique, being you - changing things to the way YOU know they can BE - Living the Life you Always imagined.awprint:

Comment

2 Months into living

Hi amashed,

Congratulations on your 2 AF Months!
      You must be feeling amazingly better at this point. Staying sober is the best thing for you & those around you

Continue to treat yourself well & find new, healthier ways to make yourself happy!
      Wishing you contnued success.

Lav
      AF since 03/26/09
      NF since 05/19/09
      Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

2 Months into living

Hi and WELL DONE!!

I have seen your name before!

You don't need to do this alone (although you may want to.)

Come back to the Newbies Nest and give us some wisdom.

We're SOOOOO proud of you.

Spam xx

Comment

2 Months into living

Amashed:goodjob: im so please for you i knew you could do it, well done, it good to feel 100 times better and stronger, i know what you mean about missing the drinking Im drinking about 7cups of tea's b4 i go to bed now! and that 14spoons full of sugar.:shocked:
          It is an ongoing battle, but so long as you keep it simple and keep out of the danger zone your be ok.
          Let us know, now and again how you are doing, all the best to you.x
          Formerly known as Teardrop:l
          sober dry since 11th Jan '2010' relapse/slip on 23/7/13 working in progress ! Sober date 25/7/13 ( True learning has often followed an eclipse, a time of darkness, but with each cycle of my recovery, the light grows stronger and my vision is clearer. (AA)
          my desire to avoid hitting bottom again was more powerful then my desire to drink !

Comment

2 Months into living

Wonderful amashed! So very proud of you! Great job!
            sigpic
            Thoughts become things..... choose the good ones. ~TUT

Comment

2 Months into living

Congratulations Amashed.... splendid job.
              Of course you're feeling better and you will continue to feel better. Temptations will come but just draw on the strength you've had these past two months and you will continue to win this battle.....:goodjob:
              Stirly...
              For every 60 seconds that you are angry, you lose a minute of happiness.
              AF since 10/10/2015:yay:

Comment

2 Months into living

Amashed, congratulations on your choice to LIVE!! Drinking got that way for me too - the price of 10 minutes of pleasure were uncountable minutes of hell. YOU CAN DO THIS!

DG
                Sobriety Date = 5/22/08
                Nicotine Free Date = 2/27/07

One day at a time.

Comment

Working...
                X