TIME

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

TIME

I've been putting my office in order today since I'm a bit incapacitated, and I came across the folder from my rehab, almost 3 years years ago. A flood of memories, bittersweet, came over me. About the 40 people - patients, staff, counselors - I spent 30 days of my life with. Re-reading the pages, written by me, others. The names, of those I shared so much with. The experiences of that time. Though the lessons learned were not immediately successful, and I had a bad AL related accident that haunts me still before finding MWO, there were so many things that stayed. The things that jumps out at me was my best friends, and wondering where they are now. I've talked to a few, and I know that some fates were terrible. Others, I don't know. Also today, I was going back into the archives of MWO, and names jumped out (I won't call them all) but I can't help but wonder, 'where are they now'. We were told that only one of us would make it into sobriety, statistically' at rehab. There was no real follow up. I wish that MWO was mentioned at every rehab, at least as a possibility. It leaves a sadness in me, and a prayer that they made it. The mother whose 3 year old begged her not to drink. The woman who sold her body for crack. The mother who gave her first child to her sister, her second to the state. Don't want to be a bummer, but it made me think; we leave an imprint on someone, everywhere we go. I care SO much that you all find happiness. Think about your actions, please!

Ruby
    sigpic
    Never look down on a person unless you are offering them a hand up.
    awprint: RUBY Imagine yourself doing What you love and loving What you do, Being happy From the inside Out, experiencing your Dreams wide awake, Being creative, being Unique, being you - changing things to the way YOU know they can BE - Living the Life you Always imagined.awprint:

TIME

Ruby there are some names i think about on mwo , but there is one, i hope that, that person is ok, We can only do so much, it all in God hands.
    Thanks for your post, it really does make me THINK ! xXx
    Formerly known as Teardrop:l
    sober dry since 11th Jan '2010' relapse/slip on 23/7/13 working in progress ! Sober date 25/7/13 ( True learning has often followed an eclipse, a time of darkness, but with each cycle of my recovery, the light grows stronger and my vision is clearer. (AA)
    my desire to avoid hitting bottom again was more powerful then my desire to drink !

Comment

TIME

hi rubes,cot your thread b4 igo out the door to shop,never no i could get into an accident,it is out of my hands,would not like to leave without saying how much i appreciate someones words,i to was in treatment but 2 years ago,said to the wife the other day,good and bad memeories,but i do remember being there at easter,and asking if i could go home,i was denied,they wanted to stress the urgency of the message in the facility,i never left to go home home for 31 days,they to also stressed the 1st 3 steps of AA,aftter leaving there most seem to have a better appreciation for life,if one has never been in,one will nevr no the truth,i to found mwo out of accident,tot me there are more ways then one,life is much easier these days,where theres a will theres a way,last but not least,thankyou u made my day,choice,we all have one gyco

Comment

TIME

Morning Ruby, I had a co-worker tell me last week that she did cocaine when she was 3 weeks pregnant. I was really shocked and now I tell myself no drug or AL is stronger than the other when you're expecting or when you already have children. Who in the world am I to judge?? After reading your message this morning, I fell on my knees and prayed. :thanks:

:wings:Love, Peace, and Happiness!

Comment

TIME

Thank-you so much for posting this, I really needed to hear that today. It re-newed my strength to fight today (for AF)!

runningwind
          The greatest discovery of my generation is that a human being can alter his life by altering his attitudes of mind. William James (1842-1910)

Comment

TIME

I needed to hear it to Rubes..........i drank last night and made an ass of myself in front of my family and feel awful about it today....i was doing really well too, but the demon bit me in the ass....
            thanks for this
            I love my family more than alcohol.:h
            Live in the Solution....not the problem

Comment

TIME

Just to add, my best friend and supporter there was a gay man, the most beautiful man I'd ever seen. We've been in contact a bit, and everytime we speak he's drunk. Sad story; wealthy family. When he was born mother left him in the hospital to go party. Grandmother had to have the chaffeur pick him up, and nannies raised him. Money doesn't buy happiness (or sobriety) either.
              sigpic
              awprint: RUBY Imagine yourself doing What you love and loving What you do, Being happy From the inside Out, experiencing your Dreams wide awake, Being creative, being Unique, being you - changing things to the way YOU know they can BE - Living the Life you Always imagined.awprint:

Comment

TIME

that is so sad....have you told him about MWO???
                I love my family more than alcohol.:h
                Live in the Solution....not the problem

Comment

TIME

Yes. He's SO lost. He gave me updates on some of the others, and it was heartbreaking. The one addicted to crack, who gave me hell at rehab, tried to sell him her wedding ring for $20. Her family has disowned her, and she's living on the streets, if she's still alive now.
                  sigpic

Comment

TIME

So many sad stories, Ruby and I could add so many to them! I hate alcohol and drugs and the horrible things it does to so many wonderful people! I wish we could just see the truth and the truth would set us free, but we are so blinded by the lies of this disease! I just read the brown bottle by hippie and it is so true! We don't even realize that it is killing us and robbing us of the freedom and the promise of a wonderful life! God, I want out so bad!
                    I'm not what I should be, I'm not what I could be. I'm definetly not who I want to be,
                    but I'm sure not who I used to be!

There is no pit so deep that God's love is not deeper still.

"I CAN DO ALL THINGS THROUGH CHRIST WHO STRENGTHENS ME." Phil 4:13

Comment

TIME

You know, SOS, you nailed it. We all must come to the point we WANT to be free.
                      sigpic

Comment

Working...
                      X