EmotionAl Crash SOBER!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

EmotionAl Crash SOBER!!

I don't understand what's going on, nearly 6 months dry now working out, etc, I spent a good part of the day in morbid depression, honestly thot I was gonna bawl at work. I'm not sure if I created this by spending most of the weekend alone? I also started taking Green tea Extract but that makes no sense. This would totaLly have sent me looking fir a bottle before, but I'm past that reaction now.

EmotionAl Crash SOBER!!

Hi Gearhead, I think its quite common to crash at certain times. 3months, 6 9 and 18 I think are hot spots or so Ive heard. Google PAWS (Post alcohol withdrawal symptoms)
    Hang in there, it passes.
    Living now and not just existing since 9th July 2008
    Nicotine Free since 6th February 2009

Comment

EmotionAl Crash SOBER!!

startingover;833706 wrote: Hi Gearhead, I think its quite common to crash at certain times. 3months, 6 9 and 18 I think are hot spots or so Ive heard. Google PAWS (Post alcohol withdrawal symptoms)
      Hang in there, it passes.
      Hi Gear - sorry to hear about the depression. Starts knows a lot about this that I don't - she's read a lot and been through the whole process of being sober so she's much more informed and experienced than I am. But I just wanted to add this comment.... I've noticed lately - over the last couple of weeks - as Easter and Spring were approaching - that a lot of people who had been doing really well for the last couple of months caved in and drank. And some people that were sober for several months. Just saying, maybe it has to do with the time of year, holidays, etc. as well as the emotional part of being sober... just a thought. Good for you that you managed to not give in. Keep up the good work...Stirly :l
      For every 60 seconds that you are angry, you lose a minute of happiness.
      AF since 10/10/2015:yay:

Comment

EmotionAl Crash SOBER!!

Gearhead The immediate object of our goals is sobriety, freedom from alcohol & from all its consequences,without this freedom we can have & do nothing at all,Paradoxically, though, we can achieve no liberation from the alcohol obsession until we become willing to deal with those character defects which have landed us in that helpless condition in the first place,Becoming sober does open up our minds to what really is wrong and we have to learn and teach ourselfs how to deal with this.wishing you the best on your continued journey.

:congratulatory: Clean & Sober since 13/01/2009 :congratulatory:

Until one is committed there is always hesitant thoughts.
        I know enough to know that I don't know enough.

This signature has been typed in front of a live studio audience.

Comment

EmotionAl Crash SOBER!!

G'day GH,
          I for one, was pretty emotionally fragile the first few months/year of sobriety at times. There's a lot going on for us, as our bodies, mind's, soul's start to heal and adjust to the real us. I've read that beginning a new intimate relationship mightn't be the best idea in the first couple of year's of recovery from an addiction, as we are still getting our bearing's as to who we are, where we're going etc. I don't necessarily agree with that, but i can understand that point.

Great work on your af time. Hang in there friend! These things pass.

'I am part of all that I have met, yet all experience is an arch wherethro', gleams that untravelled world whose margins fade, forever and forever when I move'

Zen soul Warrior. Freedom today-

Comment

EmotionAl Crash SOBER!!

Wow Startingover i read a bit on PAWS and that about nailed it. Even mentions caffeine as a culprit. Thanks for responding feeel a little better already. The important thing is that I didn't suck down some beer to numb this out

Comment

Working...
            X