Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Army Thread 7th April

JackieClaire;834559 wrote:
    I don't know what your son said but loads of museums and stuff are free in Paris.
    That was part of my thinking... I really must spread my wings and get outside of our borders. Son loved Paris, was just totally impressed by it... says next time Mom goes with him.....defo.....
    For every 60 seconds that you are angry, you lose a minute of happiness.
    AF since 10/10/2015:yay:

Comment

Army Thread 7th April

I can entertain myself anywhere new in the world, JC. Hubs can entertain himself in the toilet for hours with the new Victoria's Secret Catalog.
      sigpic
      Never look down on a person unless you are offering them a hand up.
      awprint: RUBY Imagine yourself doing What you love and loving What you do, Being happy From the inside Out, experiencing your Dreams wide awake, Being creative, being Unique, being you - changing things to the way YOU know they can BE - Living the Life you Always imagined.awprint:

Comment

Army Thread 7th April

:H:H:H:H
        It could be worse, I could be filing.
        AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

Army Thread 7th April

rubywillow;834558 wrote: My thoughts exactly!!
          Yep, a lot of times bigger is NOT better....

The picture has nothing to do with the subject.... I just think it's adorable so stuck it in her........

Comment

Army Thread 7th April

rubywillow;834561 wrote: I can entertain myself anywhere new in the world, JC. Hubs can entertain himself in the toilet for hours with the new Victoria's Secret Catalog.
            Rubes.... for hours.....

Comment

Army Thread 7th April

Stirly,we took the kids to Paris, when they were 10 and 9 and they loved it.
              We thought they would be bored to tears with the museums and art galleries, but were fascinated to see the real pictures by the real artists.
              AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

Army Thread 7th April

JackieClaire;834569 wrote: Stirly,we took the kids to Paris, when they were 10 and 9 and they loved it.
                We thought they would be bored to tears with the museums and art galleries, but were fascinated to see the real pictures by the real artists.
                If I could see an original painting by Claude Monet then I would figure that I had died and gone to heaven.
                When did you say we'd meet for coffee..... and choccie...

Gotta go pick up some meds for Mr. Stirly.... see you all in a bit....

Comment

Army Thread 7th April

We didn't bother with the Louvre 'cos the queue curled round the block about 3 times.
                  I can''t for the life of me remember the art gallery it was full of Monet's. and Van Gogh,Degas. I'll ask Mr JC when he gets in.

And I know just the place on the Champs de Thingy for coffee and people watching.

That's starting to sound as if I just pop over there every week-end.
                  AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

Army Thread 7th April

stirly-girly;834565 wrote: Rubes.... for hours.....
                    He's easily entertained.
                    sigpic
                    awprint: RUBY Imagine yourself doing What you love and loving What you do, Being happy From the inside Out, experiencing your Dreams wide awake, Being creative, being Unique, being you - changing things to the way YOU know they can BE - Living the Life you Always imagined.awprint:

Comment

Army Thread 7th April

JackieClaire;834578 wrote: We didn't bother with the Louvre 'cos the queue curled round the block about 3 times.
                      I can''t for the life of me remember the art gallery it was full of Monet's. and Van Gogh,Degas. I'll ask Mr JC when he gets in.
                      And I know just the place on the Champs de Thingy for coffee and people watching.
                      That's starting to sound as if I just pop over there every week-end.
                      Well, one, three-day weekend would do me fine. Son left Friday evening about 7 - was in Paris at 9 local time.... flew out Tuesday morning 7am local time and landed here at 11. Short, three-hour flight and that's that. I think I'm gonna have to get Mr. Stirly used to the idea of me going to.... Paris...

Oops, wrong picture..... this is the one I meant....

Comment

Army Thread 7th April

Do you know stirls,
                        There may be an idea there. It's quite a central city for most of us, and depending on the time of the year it's not as expensive as you might think.
                        AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

Army Thread 7th April

JackieClaire;834588 wrote: Do you know stirls,
                          There may be an idea there. It's quite a central city for most of us, and depending on the time of the year it's not as expensive as you might think.
                          September is a great month in Europe - you still have warm weather but not stinking hot and the fall rains haven't started yet...
                          Que pensez-vous??

Comment

Army Thread 7th April

I'd have to see how the monet thing (dya like that) is after Ireland.
                            AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

Army Thread 7th April

is ruby invited?
                              sigpic

Comment

Army Thread 7th April

wouldn't be a party without you Rubes

i'm so lucky that it's just a short hop from where I live to mainland Europe
                                AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

Working...
                                X