Army Thread 08 April

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Army Thread 08 April

Good morning, friends (Romans & countrymen)

Ask not what MWO can do for you, but what you can do for MWO...

Right: now that I've mangled history good & proper... may you all have a fantastic day. I'm off to an early start (hoping to be a the office at 6.30, so I'd better get a move on). I didn't sleep again last night, so might as well get going.

The irony of long weekends is that you're still expected to do a full week's work.

Off I ride into the sunrise...
    I'll do whatever it takes
    AF 21/08/2009

Army Thread 08 April

Good morning and now, good night! I just watched "Up In The Air". I haven't felt lonely without a family, but that's how that movie made me feel. :sulk:
    sigpic
    Thoughts become things..... choose the good ones. ~TUT

Comment

Army Thread 08 April

Good morning guys.

Mario, many many congratulations! I am so happy for you and I can guarantee that this will change your life totally. You will be superb working with people with substance abuse problems and you will get so much and likely more back in return x

Yesterday I was working with a guy who had recently come out of detox, something had triggered him to have a few drinks again. He was so angry with himself and the world around him. I could relate to how he was feeling and he knew that. It helped him to open up and get rid of some of his anger. He left feeling better, thats all I could ask for. Like I say, its rewarding, very tough, but so worthwhile.
      Mario, you will be a great support to these people. Understanding goes such a long way.

Greenie, hope you feel better when you wake x
      Living now and not just existing since 9th July 2008
      Nicotine Free since 6th February 2009

Comment

Army Thread 08 April

:hello:Army.... and hope you all have a :rays: day.
        Hey Starts....:wavin:....good to see you.....:jumpwow: You're up early....me too... sleeping better so get up earlier. Glad to hear things are going well with you. You start your new job around the 19th if I remember well.... bet you can't wait...inkele:
        Stirly
        For every 60 seconds that you are angry, you lose a minute of happiness.
        AF since 10/10/2015:yay:

Comment

Army Thread 08 April

Hiya Stirly!
          Yes up at sparrow fart for me. Want to get my training run in before I go out to lunch :-)
          Yep, its the 19th and I am very excited although quite nervous. I havent worked for over a year and its going to be a huge change for me.
          How are you?

Comment

Army Thread 08 April

startingover;834757 wrote: Hiya Stirly!
            Yes up at sparrow fart for me. Want to get my training run in before I go out to lunch :-)
            Yep, its the 19th and I am very excited although quite nervous. I havent worked for over a year and its going to be a huge change for me.
            How are you?
            I'm great - enjoying spring here in Stirly-world. Wild flowers everywhere, birds and butterflies....100 metres from our apt. building and you're out in the country... just love it.
            You'll do great at your job - would so love to be starting something new myself but things are very limited where we live....small city and all. The training sounds good - here's an idea if you need to relax a little when you get back.......

Stirly...:h

Comment

Army Thread 08 April

Awwhh Stirly what a great idea!!!
              Now I just have to find a punter to do it :-)

Do you have any volunteering opportunities where you are?

Comment

Army Thread 08 April

Stirly, I have to run now.
                But if you can, give the volunteering a go, it really has opened new doors for me

Comment

Army Thread 08 April

startingover;834761 wrote: Awwhh Stirly what a great idea!!!
                  Now I just have to find a punter to do it :-)

Do you have any volunteering opportunities where you are?
                  Don't really know but I think not much. I would have to go down into the city or at least into the outer suburbs to find something like that. I think about the only thing here would maybe be visiting older people who are housebound but even that is a very slight possibility. Here in Greece, the families are very close-knit and especially in small cities. The parents and married children often live close by one another if not in the same building so they can take care of the elder parents. I did something similar to that a few years back and I'd really prefer working with younger people this time, something related to drug and AL abuse but there's defo nothing like that close by.

Comment

Army Thread 08 April

startingover;834763 wrote: Stirly, I have to run now.
                    But if you can, give the volunteering a go, it really has opened new doors for me
                    Have a great day....so nice talking to you......

Comment

Army Thread 08 April

Good morning Tips, Starts and Stirly and goodnight Greenie. Mario a great big congratulations on getting accepted for the course, I'm sure you'll do brilliant.
                      Hope everyone has a great day.

Comment

Army Thread 08 April

Opal;834771 wrote: Good morning Tips, Starts and Stirly and goodnight Greenie. Mario a great big congratulations on getting accepted for the course, I'm sure you'll do brilliant.
                        Hope everyone has a great day.
                        Hi Opal... how are you doing? Are you still working or are you resting up a little until the wee one arrives.... hope it's the latter. Have a great day...:flower: :butterfly:

Comment

Army Thread 08 April

Hello Stirly, still working but sorting out my date to finish up. Sleep has become a scarce commodity so work is getting to be too much. Add in a mental toothache and :upset::upset:

Comment

Army Thread 08 April

Opal;834774 wrote: Hello Stirly, still working but sorting out my date to finish up. Sleep has become a scarce commodity so work is getting to be too much. Add in a mental toothache and :upset::upset:
                            Well, I hope you can stop work soon. You really need a good rest by the sound of it. Hope you can manage it soon. Baby must be very active by now....
                            What's this about a mental toothache?

Comment

Army Thread 08 April

I have a very bad toothache, I had it a couple of weeks ago as well and went to the dentist but he can't figure out which tooth it is without x rays so he has booked them for JULY. The ache had gone away for a couple of weeks but was back with a bang last night. I have 2 options, wait til after baby is born to have x rays or risk losing 2 teeth instead of one.............:upset:

Comment

Working...
                              X