Role Playin my Addiction !

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This is weird but had to share this with you today, and to see if anyone else, had done the same similar thing.
    The other day at my counseling sessions i was sayin how at night, i dont stop drinking tea, i go through 7cups of tea b4 i go to bed, has soon as i finish my cup im in the kitchen boiling the water for another cup and cant wait to pour myself another cuppa tea. It like im on edge as soon as i finish i got to get anothe cup and it getting on my nervers. Well my counsellor said that im role playing what i would of done, if i was drinking AL. He said it the way of coping with my addiction or habit, and the beauty part of it when im ready to break that habit of role playing in my own time. I find this really interesting that how i was not aware of this ! but it does make a lot of sense. Not sure what i like the best holding the cup or pouring the tea out or finishing my drink.

Also in the pass my counsellor said i dont give myself enough CREDIT so 2day im proud of myself and i like to share this with you for the very first time in my life i have done 3months sober. it not been easy, but it is so worth it. This time round im getting as much help as possible. Im looking good on the outside but the inside i have to work at now. Doggygirl mention on the AA thread about bottom, Physical, mental and Spiritaul, it made me realize that AL has taken all three away from me (and I WANT THEM BACK NOW), but in time i will get them back with a lot of hard work, its not going to happen over night. If you persevere it the benefit will show later on it takes time...

Thanks everyone on mwo you ALL mean a lot to ME.:l
    Formerly known as Teardrop:l
    sober dry since 11th Jan '2010' relapse/slip on 23/7/13 working in progress ! Sober date 25/7/13 ( True learning has often followed an eclipse, a time of darkness, but with each cycle of my recovery, the light grows stronger and my vision is clearer. (AA)
    my desire to avoid hitting bottom again was more powerful then my desire to drink !

Hi Catch, and Congratulations on 3 months sober! That is huge. Well done!
    I was like that with endless cuppa's one after the other, so what you describes makes a lot of sense to me. That'll ease off one day too.

Keep going friend. You are a star!

'I am part of all that I have met, yet all experience is an arch wherethro', gleams that untravelled world whose margins fade, forever and forever when I move'

Zen soul Warrior. Freedom today-

Comment

catch, im doing exactly the same with cups of tea. sometimes topping up my cuppa before i finish it.... just like i did with AL. i never did that before with tea so its definately something my newly AF self has taken to
      Today is the tomorrow i worried about yesterday and it turned out fine
      Keep passing the open windows

Comment

With me, it's diet coke (YUCK!). Something in my hand, something to drink, a security blanket. I'm trying to break that, have tons of bottled water in my fridge, bunches of herbal teas, read about the properties of them all. Did you know you can clean your toilet with colas??? What does that say about my stomach?!?
        I got an invitation to a high school reunion in less than a month. I actually DREAMED about it, and how I will look when I show up. What others will go away saying about me. How they'll compare me to the girl I was in school. (No bragging, but I was beautiful and didn't know it). Maybe I never had any self confidence in the first place, couldn't see what others did because I felt worthless, and as I'm older, I look back and cry for that girl who couldn't see what she had. That's why I posted 'The Awakening' again. I don't want to look back to THIS day, and cry for that woman. I am what life has made me, and that's who will be at that reunion.
        sigpic
        Never look down on a person unless you are offering them a hand up.
        awprint: RUBY Imagine yourself doing What you love and loving What you do, Being happy From the inside Out, experiencing your Dreams wide awake, Being creative, being Unique, being you - changing things to the way YOU know they can BE - Living the Life you Always imagined.awprint:

Comment

First, congratulations on 3 months , Catch! :thumbsup By all means, give yourself credit, you're the one who did all the hard work! :yay: :wd: :happy: :goodjob:

I did the same thing you're doing with the tea, except with sparkling water (but then I'm in a much hotter climate). The funniest thing was, one time I ran out (hadn't picked up a couple of extra bottles like usual), and I was about to start climbing the walls (just like I would have if I'd run out of AL). Gradually this behavior tapered off on it's own. It was one of the funnier unexpected things I never would have thought of.
          ​​Emancipate yourselves from mental slavery, none but ourselves can free our mind ~ Bob Marley ~ Redemption Song

AUGUST 9, 2009

Comment

Spud, when was your 3 month anniversary?
            sigpic
            Never look down on a person unless you are offering them a hand up.
            awprint: RUBY Imagine yourself doing What you love and loving What you do, Being happy From the inside Out, experiencing your Dreams wide awake, Being creative, being Unique, being you - changing things to the way YOU know they can BE - Living the Life you Always imagined.awprint:

Comment

I sometimes play out early in the mornings my hangovers,it keeps me on my toes as i never want to forget what they did to me.i know its strange but thats me

:congratulatory: Clean & Sober since 13/01/2009 :congratulatory:

Until one is committed there is always hesitant thoughts.
              I know enough to know that I don't know enough.

This signature has been typed in front of a live studio audience.

Comment

I am doing the same thing with sweet tea....good job catch...dancealot...what is ont that poor cats head???
                I love my family more than alcohol.:h
                Live in the Solution....not the problem

Comment

:yougo::yougo:CONGRATULATIONS CATCH ON 3 MONTHS SOBER!!:yougo::yougo:

AWESOME JOB!!! I absolutely believe we can get our physical, spiritual and mental well being back (or even for the first time!!) if we stay sober and seek help and work for it. You are doing all of that. Your future is so bright I gotta wear !!!

Very interesting about the role playing. You should see how I am with my sippy cup full of coffee. As bad as a baby. And I used to have the sippy cup full of booze. Hmmm....wonder when I will be ready to give it up???

Rock on!

DG
                  Sobriety Date = 5/22/08
                  Nicotine Free Date = 2/27/07

One day at a time.

Comment

[B][I]
                    Catch....Role playing can be tough ! Ha! Oh wait that's the wrong role playing ! Ha! It's strange on how are mind works.....we take up other habits to compensate for another ....IAD
                    ?Be who you are and say what you feel because
                    those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.?
                    Dr. Seuss

Comment

Marvelous!!! I am so happy to read your post!!
                      sigpic
                      Thoughts become things..... choose the good ones. ~TUT

Comment

mama bear;835638 wrote: I am doing the same thing with sweet tea....good job catch...dancealot...what is ont that poor cats head???
                        A big block of hash?

'I am part of all that I have met, yet all experience is an arch wherethro', gleams that untravelled world whose margins fade, forever and forever when I move'

Zen soul Warrior. Freedom today-

Comment

Guitarista;835674 wrote: A big block of hash?
                          I knew someone would say it :H

There's nothing wrong with your tea obsession, Catch 22, except maybe some extra trips to the loo during the night.:H
                          If you chose the right beverage....say green tea or just water it could be a real advantage health - wise.
                          The best thing we can do for our health is sometimes the things that we DON'T do any more (as we all know here )
                          If your 8 year old self met you, would they be proud?
                          Rejoined life 20/5/19

Comment

Just like to say Thanks to everyone, reading through your post put a smile on my face and made me laugh :H Thanks again !:l
                            Formerly known as Teardrop:l
                            sober dry since 11th Jan '2010' relapse/slip on 23/7/13 working in progress ! Sober date 25/7/13 ( True learning has often followed an eclipse, a time of darkness, but with each cycle of my recovery, the light grows stronger and my vision is clearer. (AA)
                            my desire to avoid hitting bottom again was more powerful then my desire to drink !

Comment

Catch, well done on your three months. I now how much you have struggled and am so proud of you. Great to see one of the Firefighters still around. I'm on Day 49 and like you have never achieved this much sobriety before. The important thing is not to give up.

Rustop

Comment

Working...
                              X